IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Down that road lies madness and despair.
The universe doesn't give a flip what you or I think of it. And it's bigger and stronger than you. Always remember that, and you and the universe won't get along too badly.

Freud's single most valuable insight was the Reality Principle. You can chuck all the rest - in fact you probably should chuck most of it - but don't chuck that.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
The nihilists and the liars have buried truth alive in a shallow grave.
"The US party calls in mortar fire on the enemy positions. The UN party stands up, climbs over the lip of the trench, and recites Robert\ufffds Rules of Order as it approaches the machine-gun positions." - Lileks
New OTOH it can be a perfectly workable intro
for those able and willing to face certain internal matters without buffering what is noted, especially the contradictions. (And a great preparation for realizing that most 'We Know' is false - a truly scary thought for any autodidact)

Not all minds work the same. Fortunately.

Mindless in Seattle
New Unfortunately, that's the fact of the matter
Sure, the universe is out there and real. And probably vaguely resembles what you and I experience in a few ways.

What we experience, however, is perception, not the universe. What we see depends more on how eyes work than what's there to see. How we interpret perception to build our idea of the universe has more to do with how minds work than how reality works. In short, the universe we know is mostly illusion.

And that's one of those facts that doesn't care what you think.

Realizing the nature of self and other is a fundimental step.

----
Whatever
     The Universe is an illusion - (orion) - (35)
         The universe is an artifact of our mode of perception. - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
             I think you mean.... - (tseliot) - (27)
                 What I mean is . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
                     Nice one - (Ashton)
                     What I was getting at... - (tseliot) - (2)
                         I believe this conundrum is of the class, - (Ashton)
                         But that is not how I stated it - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Can you define "reality", then? - (Arkadiy) - (18)
                         Defining reality as we perceive it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             Not quite sure how to answer this one - (Arkadiy)
                             Color perception - (Ashton)
                             That's describing, not defining - (mhuber) - (1)
                                 Hah.. the ontological proof of - (Ashton)
                         "reality" bites -NT - (boxley)
                         There is no reality - (orion) - (11)
                             Oh dear...here come the Vogons. - (bepatient)
                             Well, God shouldn't have . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                 Well, put that way... - (folkert) - (8)
                                     Prolly it's just that - (Ashton) - (7)
                                         She Who Must Be Obeyed? - (admin) - (6)
                                             Hubbard? Umm "Rumpole of the Bailey" - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                 Haggard, sorry, and yes he did lift it: - (admin)
                                                 And he played a wonderfully fallen character in "Ladyhawke". - (static) - (3)
                                                     One of my all time favorite fantasy films. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         Rutger Haeur was upstaged. - (static)
                                                         Pregnanat Molly Ivins sig there.. - (Ashton)
                 There was a Dilbert (!) cartoon about that. - (static) - (2)
                     Found it. - (static) - (1)
                         Think it beats several examples of fuzzier logic - extant. -NT - (Ashton)
             "A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself." - (a6l6e6x)
         Down that road lies madness and despair. - (marlowe) - (2)
             OTOH it can be a perfectly workable intro - (Ashton)
             Unfortunately, that's the fact of the matter - (mhuber)
         Already covered - (Silverlock)
         You all forgot - (orion)

We don't think of it as a rebellion. We call it "heavily armed stress leave."
77 ms