[link|http://allsands.com/History/Objects/polaroidcamera_rye_gn.htm| Edwin Land], developer of Polaroid\ufffd had some observations about that.

I recall eons ago a discussion of one of his points (and demo!) whereby some gray-scale images could be processed by the homo-sap eye to - reveal color! I believe this was before Land got anywhere near a producible color Polaroid-process device. 'Twas a physics BS session and I think.. we tried out the phenom (??) Your comments on the Ne A spectral lines + our color sense - are right in line with my vague recollections. (My 'yellow' may seem a Lot like yours - never can I Know for Certain yada)

As to the larger scale incisiveness.. kudos again. You have a rare capacity to omit the popular loaded concept-words which usually spark endless digression. My long standing suspicion has been that, were we instructing children along Confucius's lines -- re the critical nature of Language remaining correct! -- the species might even have avoided the ongoing religiosity warz: which are {solidly based} upon the evanescent and the inaccessible individual chemistry; then bellicosely phrased so as to guarantee the repeated acting-out of,

Mine's Bigger You HEATHEN

Anyway - I always appreciate any new concise description of the Problem of human ego and it's willingness to kill for possession of the illusion of My Certainty\ufffd. A %@#*& buncha scaredy-cats all.. (Pity you can't be on the nuclear-armed [so they have to listen] Int'l Language Rescue Board.

Ashton