IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "UNLESS IT WILL IMPROVE THE TEACHING FORCE"
You think giving them decent salaries (i.e. competitive w/ Bizness positions) wouldn't have that effect?
New Carrot AND stick, people, carrot AND stick...
#1. You MUST raise teacher salaries. The folks who can get jobs elsewhere, are, unless they love it too much for their own good.

#2. You MUST hold teachers accountable via some mechanism. Otherwise you get teachers like Mr. Hopkins, my Japanese teacher who passed me with an A 3 years straight, although I never quite got down the Hirigana/Katakana, let alone the first 100 Kanji... And couldn't even conjugate verbs properly.

All he cared was that I played a decent game of Shogi.

So, raise salaries, (which will increase the pool of applicants) and then get rid of the ones that don't produce.

Do both at the same time.

You done bitching at each other? Good.
Expand Edited by inthane-chan Nov. 26, 2002, 04:01:01 PM EST
New Other post typed while mm was having an aneurysm ;)
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Teachers salaries - (boxley) - (65)
         Perspective. - (bepatient) - (19)
             One of the problems: - (admin) - (18)
                 Seconded. - (Simon_Jester)
                 Popular rant, but be careful. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                     Not necessary to get rid of it, maybe... - (admin) - (1)
                         Agree, but it is still about the money in many cases. - (mmoffitt)
                     Don't blame >that< on the current administration. - (bepatient) - (12)
                         Speaking on the Canadian experience - (jake123)
                         But not predating Ronnie Rayguns. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                             Oh yes it does. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                 Hey, doober, I was IN COLLEGE in the 70's. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                     Well then... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                         Well said - (jake123) - (4)
                                             True... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 That's the problem... - (jake123)
                                             Yes - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 ..and some think there's no such thing as Cosmic Humor ?? -NT - (Ashton)
                                 It was SOP for the Right - (mhuber) - (1)
                                     Never heard that little dance dismantled better! -NT - (Ashton)
                     What place for that in lower grades? - (wharris2)
         Often up to the communities - (tuberculosis) - (8)
             Not in Texas - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Thats communism - (tuberculosis)
             That was a long time ago in Southfield :-P - (admin) - (3)
                 Yeah, all my old friends parents have moved to W Bloomfield - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     A Southfield teacher moved up near my parents - (admin) - (1)
                         Oh, that is quite a bit different than I remember -NT - (tuberculosis)
             Other Issues - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 What we all need to remember. - (mmoffitt)
         Re: during a teachers strike the first howl - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             same difference - (boxley) - (1)
                 I've found that if I hang around here long enough... - (mmoffitt)
         Look at how many days and hours they actually work - (bluke) - (32)
             Er... depends on the teacher... - (admin) - (2)
                 You left one bit off... - (inthane-chan)
                 Talking from experience with the NYC Public School System - (bluke)
             I would have to agree, except - (Silverlock)
             And when you leave the office, my myopic friend, - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                 part of the problem is for every teacher putting in 80 hrs - (boxley) - (25)
                     The solution is not, then, - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                         in the local paper op ed st petes times - (boxley) - (23)
                             Dunno about Finland or Great Britain, but... - (mmoffitt)
                             Try here - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                 extremely interesting, thanx -NT - (boxley)
                                 Thanks. Makes my point rather nicely. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                                     Not until... - (bepatient) - (18)
                                         I missed in the report where it said anything - (Simon_Jester) - (17)
                                             Useful Table. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                 Interesting table - but I - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                                                     You're right. You didn't miss it, twasn't there.You aren't - - (mmoffitt)
                                                     What timing - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                         2/3 above us pay better. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                             I have no issue... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                 Re: "Triple their salary...That doesn't work" - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                     Alaska from 1967 thru 1973 -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                         What were you paying them in 1966? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                             starting salary where? - (boxley)
                                                     Re: Interesting table - but I - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                         "UNLESS IT WILL IMPROVE THE TEACHING FORCE" - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             Carrot AND stick, people, carrot AND stick... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                                 Other post typed while mm was having an aneurysm ;) -NT - (bepatient)
                                                         Thank you -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                                                 you missed the benefit package of the public sector - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     The "benefits" of public sector employment, in Washington... - (inthane-chan)
                 Working from home is not necessarily a bad thing - (bluke)

The tautological prime conjecture states that the tautological prime conjecture is true.
232 ms