IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well then...
...that makes us both old farts.

Theres no "code wording" going on. There's no "questioning of values". Since the 70s...the stratification may be getting worse...but its been there all along.

There are norms established. Get outside of those norms and you are rejected.

This trend has degenerated to such a point now that "zero tolerance" policies for childrens behavior are now normal and accepted. "You shall act like x...any deviation and you will be summarily rejected".

In addition..the truly liberal carry this to extreme..."If it offends >one< person...then it is offensive to all" and thus cannot be introduced...only ignored.

And thats just where we're at now...I can't wait to see it in 5 to 10 more years.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Well said
OTOH, in the interest of balance, I should point out that the right wing is just as bad. There are very strong conforming forces at work in North American society. The problem is that recently these forces are getting the backing of the state... which, after all, has the monopoly on force.
--\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\r\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\r\n* Laval Qu\ufffdbec Canada                   [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New True...
...but that balance swings every 4 to 8 years (usually)

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New That's the problem...
I'm concerned that it's not going to anymore... that the real differences between the two sides have become so slight that it won't actually matter. That is... while homophobe on one side and rainbow coalition on the other doesn't really matter; the real sameness between them is that dissent is not permitted. Not just marginalised, permitted. That's the real issue at hand.

I truly believe that the US is at a major nexus in its history... I hope that you guys take the right path. Among other things... the path you take is going to have a huge impact on my society up here. When the mouse sleeps with an elephant, the mouse has to be aware of every nighttime rumble and turn (with apologies to P.E.T.).
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Laval Qu\ufffdbec Canada                   [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Yes
While hating Marx and the commies, we've become collectivists ourselves.
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Nov. 15, 2002, 01:36:49 PM EST
New ..and some think there's no such thing as Cosmic Humor ??
     Teachers salaries - (boxley) - (65)
         Perspective. - (bepatient) - (19)
             One of the problems: - (admin) - (18)
                 Seconded. - (Simon_Jester)
                 Popular rant, but be careful. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                     Not necessary to get rid of it, maybe... - (admin) - (1)
                         Agree, but it is still about the money in many cases. - (mmoffitt)
                     Don't blame >that< on the current administration. - (bepatient) - (12)
                         Speaking on the Canadian experience - (jake123)
                         But not predating Ronnie Rayguns. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                             Oh yes it does. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                 Hey, doober, I was IN COLLEGE in the 70's. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                     Well then... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                         Well said - (jake123) - (4)
                                             True... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 That's the problem... - (jake123)
                                             Yes - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 ..and some think there's no such thing as Cosmic Humor ?? -NT - (Ashton)
                                 It was SOP for the Right - (mhuber) - (1)
                                     Never heard that little dance dismantled better! -NT - (Ashton)
                     What place for that in lower grades? - (wharris2)
         Often up to the communities - (tuberculosis) - (8)
             Not in Texas - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Thats communism - (tuberculosis)
             That was a long time ago in Southfield :-P - (admin) - (3)
                 Yeah, all my old friends parents have moved to W Bloomfield - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     A Southfield teacher moved up near my parents - (admin) - (1)
                         Oh, that is quite a bit different than I remember -NT - (tuberculosis)
             Other Issues - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 What we all need to remember. - (mmoffitt)
         Re: during a teachers strike the first howl - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             same difference - (boxley) - (1)
                 I've found that if I hang around here long enough... - (mmoffitt)
         Look at how many days and hours they actually work - (bluke) - (32)
             Er... depends on the teacher... - (admin) - (2)
                 You left one bit off... - (inthane-chan)
                 Talking from experience with the NYC Public School System - (bluke)
             I would have to agree, except - (Silverlock)
             And when you leave the office, my myopic friend, - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                 part of the problem is for every teacher putting in 80 hrs - (boxley) - (25)
                     The solution is not, then, - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                         in the local paper op ed st petes times - (boxley) - (23)
                             Dunno about Finland or Great Britain, but... - (mmoffitt)
                             Try here - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                 extremely interesting, thanx -NT - (boxley)
                                 Thanks. Makes my point rather nicely. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                                     Not until... - (bepatient) - (18)
                                         I missed in the report where it said anything - (Simon_Jester) - (17)
                                             Useful Table. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                 Interesting table - but I - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                                                     You're right. You didn't miss it, twasn't there.You aren't - - (mmoffitt)
                                                     What timing - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                         2/3 above us pay better. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                             I have no issue... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                 Re: "Triple their salary...That doesn't work" - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                     Alaska from 1967 thru 1973 -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                         What were you paying them in 1966? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                             starting salary where? - (boxley)
                                                     Re: Interesting table - but I - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                         "UNLESS IT WILL IMPROVE THE TEACHING FORCE" - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             Carrot AND stick, people, carrot AND stick... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                                 Other post typed while mm was having an aneurysm ;) -NT - (bepatient)
                                                         Thank you -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                                                 you missed the benefit package of the public sector - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     The "benefits" of public sector employment, in Washington... - (inthane-chan)
                 Working from home is not necessarily a bad thing - (bluke)

Hey, that's MY pie.
89 ms