IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So what's the right answer?
I've explained why I think that "run the SAMBA daemons" is the wrong answer for me. I've also said that it looks like I should be able to do this with the smbclient.[1] That's how it seems to have been done in Corel Linux, but they had their own tool for it. Since I don't want to run a potentially insecure service, and I can't get the client utility to work properly, my choices are: get the static IP or try to keep the machine up so the DHCP lease never renews and I don't have to go look anything up. Since the whole point of DHCP is to allow machines to renew leases, I don't like that idea. Which leaves me with ... static IP.

Unless you can tell me how to get the smbclient to handle this?

[1] This is IMO the "right" way to do this.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Keep this discussion out of Suggestions please.
I'd like to keep the S/N ration down in here. :-)

I'm not ragging on you per se, Drew, since you didn't start it... just making my wishes known.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Will do
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
     Semiauto login - (deSitter) - (13)
         Make your bookmark or homepage = this - (folkert) - (12)
             Nifty, thanks -NT - (drewk)
             Re: Make your bookmark or homepage = this - (deSitter) - (10)
                 Wrong, sorry. - (admin) - (4)
                     Re: Wrong, sorry. - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Yes, I did understand. - (admin) - (1)
                             OK enough said -NT - (deSitter)
                         Does that mean... - (ChrisR)
                 IT practices... - (folkert) - (1)
                     see you in flame quarantine!!!!!!!!! -NT - (boxley)
                 So what's the right answer? - (drewk) - (2)
                     Keep this discussion out of Suggestions please. - (admin) - (1)
                         Will do -NT - (drewk)

You can't take something off the Internet. It's like taking pee out of a swimming pool.
52 ms