IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IT practices...
This industry has ALWAYS been about compromises, Ross. You know that. I know that. Microsoft knows it, but won't acknowledge it.

You talk as though it endemic for JUST linux. Nope.
HP-UX is a compromise betwixt the three main threads of UNIX, using pieces-parts from them all.
AIX, is just plain bad in places, Great in others, "ehhh" in yet other areas.
Tru64 what I call *THE* REAL UNIX, is great in most areas except, easy management of resources... sheesh.
Solaris, well I have only one term for it... CF. (it's just me I know, but DAM!) it compromises nearly everywhere trying to be all things everywhere.
IRIX, mmm creamy goodness, a bit too creamy though as it lacks some core functionality I seek from the get go, you have to buy the extras usually included (this may have changed in recent years).
OSX to sweet for all of us period, Apple get over yourself.
*BSD (yes, I'll lump them together) a take off on Tru64, they work well, do good work, but...but... well... just look at it, you'll understand... compromises to make things work... not optimal anywhere.
Windows? let's really not proceed there... as we all know they are the KING of compromises... literally. So much so that sometimes thing WON'T work period.
Linux, Jack of all trades, master of none... There-in lies your rub.

You see, the path Linux has sorta chosen is everything, everywhere, anytime, anyplace. Just like Windows, but *AT LEAST* peer review is bringing it together better than M$. Other OSes have chosen thier battle and stood firm there. Specializing in those areas... (barring Sun's)

I say, I'll use anything that does the work it needs to, when it needs to, reliably. Windows fits that sometimes, Linux does that also, nearly any OS will do that.

greg - Grand-Master Artist in IT,
curley95@attbi.com -- [link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New see you in flame quarantine!!!!!!!!!
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
     Semiauto login - (deSitter) - (13)
         Make your bookmark or homepage = this - (folkert) - (12)
             Nifty, thanks -NT - (drewk)
             Re: Make your bookmark or homepage = this - (deSitter) - (10)
                 Wrong, sorry. - (admin) - (4)
                     Re: Wrong, sorry. - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Yes, I did understand. - (admin) - (1)
                             OK enough said -NT - (deSitter)
                         Does that mean... - (ChrisR)
                 IT practices... - (folkert) - (1)
                     see you in flame quarantine!!!!!!!!! -NT - (boxley)
                 So what's the right answer? - (drewk) - (2)
                     Keep this discussion out of Suggestions please. - (admin) - (1)
                         Will do -NT - (drewk)

That boy needs therapy.
49 ms