One of the apps I really like on mine is a SPL app for measuring noise. Unfortunately, on my Nexus 4, it clips at 80 dB.

How is it on the 5?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.sira.sound

It's things like this that make me nervous about buying a new phone. One really doesn't know about the hardware limitations until one has used it for a while...

Yeah, there are lots of annoyances that they need to fix, like the browser refresh thingy. I generally do it by a quick short down swipe to get the address bar, tap the address bar to get the keyboard to appear, then click the Go button.

One that gripes me is on really long pages (e.g. a long comment thread on Balloon-Juice) is there doesn't seem to be a way to quickly get up to the top or bottom of the page. I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll. Really?

I generally have my phone on vibrate all the time because I haven't figured out the various sound things yet. Fortunately, I almost never get calls, but I agree that needs to be fixed.

Google Now is neat, but I haven't figured out how to customize it, so I generally never use it. The "20 minutes to work, 2 more than usual" notification thingy is nice, if a little creepy.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.