IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, I told the notification that I'd do it Later...
I dismissed the notification by clicking Later (or similar). Little did I know that since then there would be no indication that the update to L is available.

I was going to do the update last night or this morning. It's still MIA. (It doesn't show up in Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates now either.)

Dunno if I should be happy or what? Oh well. More waiting...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Should come back after a week or two.
I put off the KitKat upgrade notification on my Xperia, too, eventually clearing it. About two weeks later it re-appeared.

Wade.
New Zooks!
I was hoping it would just stop nagging me but still have it be available. Oh well.

Thanks for the note!

Cheers,
Scott.
New C-dissonance Alert!
1) They. are. a. PHONE. Company.
2) Yet.. and yet and I bet you can't just Call Them.. and either find out why it it's not still an option OR
..just get *The Phone Company to aim you at its present secrut locale.

I so confused by these dances.. :-0

* if you missed it, way-back: do rent a copy of The President's Analyst!
(From cold-war daze and anticipating CIA-antics by ... a whole Generation! Perfect casting. It's a HOOT.)
Hoping you missed previous refs. in these parts. All will be clear in the closing seconds.
Spoiler: any more words here. Do not read imdb-anything. ;^>
New :-)
I've seen snippets of it, but not the whole thing. I'll put it on the list. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New The Xperia upgrade notices are nice.
By default it just tells you and lets you pick a time, and also by default it won't update over mobile data, but only on WiFi.

Unlike Google Play, which wants to upgrade everything at any time. No respect at all for my data plan. Took me a while to figure out how to make it not work if there's no WiFi.

Wade.
New I don't think I've been bitten by that.
One of the advantages of working in a building that doesn't get a good cellular signal most of the time. ;-)

The Sony phones have looked quite appealing at times. I've kept an eye on them and will certainly consider them next year when I'll be thinking more seriously about something to replace my Nexus 4.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Been bitten before.
When I bought my Xperia, I knew to shut off mobile data until I got home and could configure the WiFi. Glad I did, or Google Play would've downloaded half my mobile data allowance that evening almost without so much as a by-your-leave.

Some programmers in Google-land need to spend a few months on a metered, low-data account so they know what much of the world has to live with.

Wade.
New Looks like it's a setting on the Play Store on KitKat.
(Dunno if this was not an option before.)

Start the PlayStore. Click the 3-bar "hamburger" icon on the left. Click Settings. Under General, click the 2nd line (mine says "Auto-update apps - Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only"). Change it as needed.

I sure hope that L has that too!

Thanks. HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Interesting!
I hadn't gone looking since I figured out how to make Google Play work over WiFi only (it's in Settings>Applications). But then, I don't like it auto-updating either.

Wade.
New Sometimes, power-cycling can get this sort of thing to show up
New Hasn't yet.... I'll try to be patient. :-)
New Do you connect to an Exchange account?
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=74465
See the tail end of the thread
We have started getting Android 5.0 on our Nexus devices at work. This removes the stock email client in favour of GMail. Although this removes the issue on this thread, we are unfortunately seeing a new issue with GMail 5.0 on Android 5.0.

The new issue is that the sync service keeps crashing.
New Fortunately, no. Thanks for the warning though.
Presumably it'll be fixed fairly soon as I know that's a big deal.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Random purchase: Nexus 5 - (pwhysall) - (33)
         Good luck with it. - (Another Scott) - (19)
             Yeah, that's annoying - (pwhysall)
             Got the ping that I can update to L now if I want. Maybe tonight if I'm brave... -NT - (Another Scott) - (17)
                 Dooo eeeet. - (pwhysall) - (16)
                     Maybe tomorrow, er, later today. Maybe. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (14)
                         So, I told the notification that I'd do it Later... - (Another Scott) - (13)
                             Should come back after a week or two. - (static) - (8)
                                 Zooks! - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                     C-dissonance Alert! - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         :-) - (Another Scott)
                                     The Xperia upgrade notices are nice. - (static) - (4)
                                         I don't think I've been bitten by that. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                             Been bitten before. - (static) - (2)
                                                 Looks like it's a setting on the Play Store on KitKat. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Interesting! - (static)
                             Sometimes, power-cycling can get this sort of thing to show up -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Hasn't yet.... I'll try to be patient. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Do you connect to an Exchange account? - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 Fortunately, no. Thanks for the warning though. - (Another Scott)
                     Done. It took about an hour. Looks promising - nothing's broken yet!! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: Random purchase: Nexus 5 - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Thanks. - (Another Scott)
         Day 5. Struggling to enjoy it. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Several "Yes", a few "I don't have that issue" ... overall, sounds about right - (drook)
         I've bailed - (pwhysall) - (8)
             Thanks for the reports. Sorry it didn't work out. -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 It's disappointing, really. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     Does the microphone clip? - (Another Scott)
                     The browser refresh spawned tons of hate - (drook) - (4)
                         Apple isn't the only one that does "we know better". - (malraux) - (3)
                             They all try it at some point. - (static) - (2)
                                 But none of those made the "definition of open" tweet - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Ouch. -NT - (static)

Just slightly more difficult than choosing your parents.
92 ms