IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And this is a fine example of what we get...
...when we put the Feds in charge.

A logical progression of making sure the government is empowered to protect us and everything else.

No thought...zero tolerance...follow the rules...even if the rules are a)stupid b)inneffective 3)...you get the picture.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Well... Yes! but an essential ingredient of that Yes is,
the presumption that 'government' MUST always require that a brain be checked at the locker and that humane considerations are not their province [???]

What we have.. ain't what we might have -- if 'we' really wanted different; "wanted" meaning: spent as much time ensuring reform and voting accordingly - as we spend deciding amongst the leather seat colors for the UAV (?)

"Having the Govt. Protect Us" is clearly the mere rubric for the current Admin's efforts to move radically ---> Right and actualize the dreams of a certain small coterie. "Fish & Game" ought not / need not be a part of any political agenda IMhO, whereas "Home Security" cannot avoid being so.

Absence of common sense is odious wherever found, and it ain't the protected reserve of Govmint on any level from Alderman up.

Ashton
New All true...
...and more and more examples of gubment-folk checking their brain at the swearing in are coming out.

Having the Government Protect Us (tm) is nowhere near monopolized by the current administration, however...but the current administration happens to be able to use that phrase with the blessing of the merkin peeps, unfortunately.

And "we" are far outnumbered.

New Ain't it da trooth.. ain't it da trooth
Where's Bert Lahr (and WC Fields & Mencken & Twain & de Tocqueville), when we need them a lot ??? Genes die out? PCBs, Tee Vee or a lust for UAVs do it?

I can handle a diversity of cockamamie ideas all around .. but it's hard to rationalize away such a huge flock of grazing sheep, unnoticing and uncaring that they just ate their meadow bare and sold the remaining clay to a high bidder .. er, like

[link|http://www.aardman.com/|Chicken Run] - wherein a sentient chicken population is oppressed by Homo-Saponicus. Not sure how these two angles intersect - but it's in there somewhere. Orthogonally.

Cheers,

Ashton
who is sure glad that this is all just a play; if it were more serious than that...
New And this, in turn, is a fine example of what we usually...
...get from you, Bill.

Where are all your off-the-cuff join-ins decrying the shit we get from Big Biz?

Or do you think that once someone's placed in authority over a Corporate Money-trough -- he's any *less* likely to "check his brains in at the door"?!?

Yes! Judging from your posting habits, you DO: There ARE NO posts from you, decrying Big Biz in the same way you routinely decry "The Feds" (or most any other form of governemnt).

So much for the credibility of your "Oh, I'm anti-business too!" in the other thread.
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Excuse me...
...but do you have a bug up yer ass with me or something?

Put some thought into it...you might figure it out yet. You seem to have figured out at least one part of it. And you have 5 years of posting history related to the MS antitrust case to show that I don't always side with big biz.

You're a smart guy...I give you a fighting chance.

In any situation there is knee-jerk reactionism. What you end up with is the crap that you just read about from Ashton.

20 people want X...incompatible with Y
20,000 depend on Y.

Think Spock.

The reasoning of the 20 damned well better be valid if you want to reverse that equation.

Ashcroftian Spirit hits close to home.. - (Ashton) - (15)
         Hey, Ash(-ton, not -croft)... - (jb4) - (3)
             OK - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Sigh....idiots and Government...how they go together. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     Yes, it was an individual's pure spite + ego - (Ashton)
         And this is a fine example of what we get... - (bepatient) - (5)
             Well... Yes! but an essential ingredient of that Yes is, - (Ashton) - (2)
                 All true... - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Ain't it da trooth.. ain't it da trooth - (Ashton)
             And this, in turn, is a fine example of what we usually... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Excuse me... - (bepatient)
         Well you have to blame the environmentalists for this - (boxley) - (4)
             Horseshit! - (jb4) - (1)
                 So the oil/logging companies are responsible for these laws? - (boxley)
             Demagoguery means.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 nope, - (boxley)

Damn! Bloody %^@&^@ anal-retentive Geo Booleishness!
59 ms