IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New lets see, she was crazy enough to kill herself?
and she is in charge of an elementary school? Whats wrong with that picture?
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Comment removed by author.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt May 9, 2002, 10:46:08 AM EDT
New That was a fair comment
I was harsh in my post but if someone has a mental problem they should find a line of work that doesnt involve children. She brought a gun into a school, just thank (insert Diety of choice or Peter here) she didnt turn it on the kids.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Not fair, childish.
As was your post. I cannot, nor can you, pretend to know what was going on in her mind when she did this. I knew my younger brother better than anyone and I will never know the pain that he must have felt when he did the same thing.

You say we should be grateful that she didn't turn the gun on the children. I don't think that was ever a possibility. I'd guess that it was the spectre of not being able to continue her work with children that weighed most on her mind.
New Like you said we DONT know what was on her mind
Something terrible was. Terrible enough to cause her to end her life. My point was to provoke a reaction. Thats quite often why I post. I assumed thats why you posted the article. The point remains valid that she should have sought treatment, not be in charge of an elementary school.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Begs a question.
Agreed that she should have sought treatment and that at the time of crisis she was unfit to be in charge of an elementary school. HOWEVER, given that there is supporting evidence that this idiotic "teach the kids to be good at multiple guess exams and nothing else" policy of Dubya's currently masquerading as an education policy is extremely stressful to other teachers/administrators/etc., isn't it likely that this burden lead to her diminished state?
New Is there evidence that the stress is because of the tests
or is the stress related to the competency of the teachers? If not tests how do you measure success? What hard key indicators can you provide for nationwide indications of teacher competency? What do the Brits use now? Or the Euro's? 90% of this years graduating highschoolers dont have even a basic grasp of American History. Is it because they are stupid or the educators are not educating? This is not a generic teacher slam as I have met great teachers and piss poor ones and all three of my schoolagers go to public schools.
thanx,
Bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Lack of history education is by design.
Otherwise we'd have rioting in the streets over the Supreme Court's hijacking of the Presidential election.
New yep, the people here in florida were pretty po'ed at the FSC
If folks knew history the Florida critters would have selected the electors, there would have been a fight in DC to throw them out. It would have lost by party line. The constitution would kick in and the congress would have forwarded Bush to the Senate who depending on Jeffords would have been declared the winner. Else Denny Hastert would be the president.
ONE MORE TIME WITH FEELING FOR THE WEST WING CROWD
there is no scenario under law that would have got gore in the door
thanx,
bill

TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Ah, but doing it legally and by the book......
There is something to be said for following the procedures outlined.

If nothing else, it maintains faith in the system.
New Um, how about the scenario of...
accurately measuring the intent of the voter? Or just plain counting all the votes and excluding the double-dipped ones?

Concur w/Brandi's assessment as well.
New wouldnt make a difference
If there had been any likely hood of a tip to gore, the legislature was poised to send their own electors, ending up in the house and a repo president. No scenario would produce a gore presidency.
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
     Dubya's "Teach to the Test" Policy claims its first victim. - (mmoffitt) - (33)
         lets see, she was crazy enough to kill herself? - (boxley) - (11)
             Comment removed by author. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 That was a fair comment - (boxley) - (9)
                     Not fair, childish. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         Like you said we DONT know what was on her mind - (boxley) - (7)
                             Begs a question. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                 Is there evidence that the stress is because of the tests - (boxley) - (5)
                                     Lack of history education is by design. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         yep, the people here in florida were pretty po'ed at the FSC - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Ah, but doing it legally and by the book...... - (Brandioch)
                                             Um, how about the scenario of... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 wouldnt make a difference - (boxley)
         What I asked my mom last night. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             All I lack is Student Teaching. - (mmoffitt)
         Misplaced blame. - (bepatient) - (18)
             IIF invalid. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                 Not quite.... - (bepatient) - (16)
                     IQ testing, "achievement" testing == NUMBERS as gauge - - (Ashton)
                     Let's get one thing straight. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                         Lets get something clear. - (bepatient) - (13)
                             Not a semantics game. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                 Dude... - (bepatient) - (11)
                                     I hear this all the time and it is nonsense. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                         No its not. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                             You can't tell anything from looking at "average salaries". - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                 You made that point.. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                     GACK! We'd agree??? Somebody shoot me :-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                         Scary part... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                             See BeeP? this is whatcha get by.. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                 Got me there... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                     OK.. then I'll confess - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                         Made me look it up... - (bepatient)
                                                                         weird - (bepatient)

It breathes. -MORE-
84 ms