IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I "get it" and completely disagree
the rule as it stands does not force bag fees and other ancillaries into the price, just taxes and surcharges and they were all already disclosed before you paid.

So you knew EXACTLY what it cost when you bought it...and were aggravated that it didn't match the $29 number in the newspaper. HOWEVER, the fact that it didn't match that was NOT the fault of the airline, now was it?

Same as the fact you don't pay $999.99 for that 60 inch TV at best buy is NOT the fault of best buy.

So, either force it across the board, or this is simply a case of picking on a convenient scapegoat (who loves the airlines..even though the biggest pita re: air travel is TSA (gov) and now price mismatch due to high taxes (again gov)) OR the guy at Spirit is right and they plan on hiking airline taxes and this would be a great way to hide it.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New What difference does it make?
If people will pick one airline over the other for a difference of $5, and if his airline is genuinely cheaper, they win. The only way this is a problem is if you're trying to disguise or misrepresent the final price.

If everyone is playing by the same rules, you compete on offering and price. As it is now, airlines are competing on how creatively they can disguise the final price.
--

Drew
     Fight over full-fare rules takes bizarre turn - (lincoln) - (31)
         Not at all bizarre - (beepster) - (13)
             I (the consumer) know MOST products may have some tax - (crazy) - (3)
                 That's fine, but... - (malraux) - (1)
                     Agreed - show the breakdown - (crazy)
                 Then you are buying on the wrong site - (beepster)
             The bizarre part - (lincoln) - (8)
                 Re: The bizarre part - (beepster) - (7)
                     The article didn't say anything about "base fare" - (drook) - (6)
                         They do that already. - (beepster) - (5)
                             Think of a "normal" traveler - (drook) - (4)
                                 You've just stated his point - (beepster) - (3)
                                     It's a stupid point, IMHO. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Well then, for consistency - (beepster)
                                     A few thoughts - (S1mon_Jester)
         I don't have words for the idiocy of this stance. - (static) - (16)
             Why only the domestics are screaming... - (scoenye)
             It's a marketing thing. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                 Somewhat - (beepster) - (13)
                     You're not getting it - (drook) - (2)
                         I "get it" and completely disagree - (beepster) - (1)
                             What difference does it make? - (drook)
                     So what's stopping them listing the taxes? - (static) - (9)
                         Perhaps, - (beepster) - (8)
                             Airlines are special - (crazy) - (7)
                                 Why? - (beepster) - (6)
                                     Listen closely ... I'll type slowly - (drook) - (4)
                                         Pay attention - (beepster) - (3)
                                             The problem with this discusion may be... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 The continuing problem is - (beepster) - (1)
                                                     No, the problem is customers don't know the price. - (Another Scott)
                                     It's a broken solution to a broken problem. - (static)

com.yendormike.servlet.disaster.rice.red.bookmark.torture.chinese.commie.java
162 ms