IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You've just stated his point
if the government wants to increase taxes in this "new" model..they can, and noone will notice.

from the Spirit site...

"If the government can hide taxes in your airfares, then they can carry out their hidden agenda and quietly increase their taxes. (Yes, such talks are already underway.)"

And you just stated, consumers won't notice...and even if they do notice the price to visit grandma next year went up 10 bucks, they will blame the airline...not the government.

The low cost airlines, like Spirit, Frontier, Southwest, etc...don't price like the big boys (yield mgt faring, leading to 100 different prices on one flight)...usually its last minute, 7 day, 14 day and "wanna get away" specials...thats why the big complaint comes from Ben at Spirit. No longer can they say Fares from $29..which was their fare...that came to 50 or so each way post taxes and security and pfc charges and all the other stuff uncle sam has loaded them down with.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New It's a stupid point, IMHO.
It's an "OMG TEH SEEKRIT TAXES!!!" argument that a teabagger would use.

Or someone who thinks that viral marketing is the way to run a business for the long term... http://en.wikipedia....al_advertisements

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - C.H.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Well then, for consistency
the government should assert that ALL ADVERTISEMENT, not simply airlines, should include all applicable taxes and fees and lets include shipping for all those online retailers.

After all, we're too stupid to know all by ourselves that the price isn't the price until we actually pay for it.

Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New A few thoughts
when I worked for a big computer consulting firm and traveled each week, I ignored the taxes...and only cared about the total cost. That's all the company cared about (and they didn't care much, they billed my traveling costs back to the customer)

Same with extra bag fees, getting in the front of the line fees and fees to sit in the big comfortable seats.

Some of that was annoying, because I couldn't justify those fees when traveling back to the customer...but flying twice a week and you get status and those fees are automagically waved anyway (and you upgrades to first class).

The only people these fees are going to affect are recreational travelers - and they're already price sensative anyway.

But I'm not sure why the government doesn't get to taxes these ancillary fees anyway. When I worked in international tax, governments who regularly tax anything and everything they felt like. (No joke, if you send packages from Mexico to Guat..they actually tax Mexico's tax.)

Shrug.
     Fight over full-fare rules takes bizarre turn - (lincoln) - (31)
         Not at all bizarre - (beepster) - (13)
             I (the consumer) know MOST products may have some tax - (crazy) - (3)
                 That's fine, but... - (malraux) - (1)
                     Agreed - show the breakdown - (crazy)
                 Then you are buying on the wrong site - (beepster)
             The bizarre part - (lincoln) - (8)
                 Re: The bizarre part - (beepster) - (7)
                     The article didn't say anything about "base fare" - (drook) - (6)
                         They do that already. - (beepster) - (5)
                             Think of a "normal" traveler - (drook) - (4)
                                 You've just stated his point - (beepster) - (3)
                                     It's a stupid point, IMHO. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Well then, for consistency - (beepster)
                                     A few thoughts - (S1mon_Jester)
         I don't have words for the idiocy of this stance. - (static) - (16)
             Why only the domestics are screaming... - (scoenye)
             It's a marketing thing. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                 Somewhat - (beepster) - (13)
                     You're not getting it - (drook) - (2)
                         I "get it" and completely disagree - (beepster) - (1)
                             What difference does it make? - (drook)
                     So what's stopping them listing the taxes? - (static) - (9)
                         Perhaps, - (beepster) - (8)
                             Airlines are special - (crazy) - (7)
                                 Why? - (beepster) - (6)
                                     Listen closely ... I'll type slowly - (drook) - (4)
                                         Pay attention - (beepster) - (3)
                                             The problem with this discusion may be... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 The continuing problem is - (beepster) - (1)
                                                     No, the problem is customers don't know the price. - (Another Scott)
                                     It's a broken solution to a broken problem. - (static)

Ahead two thirds!
89 ms