IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fair enough.. even agree:
For the ephemeral nature of a 'mental world', nobody can impose 'constraints' upon artifacts a one creates;
only can they criticize the performance (towards stated ends) of the result -- in the world of pecuniary considerations.

As an Art (however disciplined by most of the koans of Science in such matters as 'speed of operation', accuracy and other matters amenable to measurement aka mensuration)
-- there is no Sole Right Way, as there are always n-ways via which some solution to a schema might be managed.
(How cute that this central-Fact protects from the dogmatic influence of the religionists, as sometimes impose egoistic Will-fulness upon so many other paid activities.)
And yet.. the PHB shall always be with us, it seems; well.. so long as the environment is of the current bizarre-form, vulture-capitalism, that is.

As a programmer does not consume tangible materials, she is free to create Any structure out of Any internal map which, in the end -- adequately accomplishes the general specs.
Freed thus of engineering costs and materials fabrication ... why Yes, very few can claim possession of as much near-complete-autonomy as the non-regimented Programmer:
at least, after having established her chops, thence ascending (along with the quality of a succession of results): towards --> Gigundo Omnipotent Designer (eh?)

(Still.. one Marc Newsom -- a kind of general Designer of many kinds of objects, interviewed on Charlie Rose on 10/1 -- appears to possess also that degree of laissez-faire)
... based also on previous successes, sufficient to demand similar autonomy (although he acknowledges certain constraints),
as where a certain company's 'style', for want of a more precise description, is to be incorporated along with The New.
In that regard, it still looks as if the Mondo Programmer remains at the top of the heap re. 'freedom' !!
-- in a world perpetually obsessed with much-Much-MORE than "The Adequate" -- well, for as long as That world lasts.

2 kopeks more.

New 100%
This is why I post this type of stuff. To see this type of prose that lays the issue out in a way I couldn't.

As a programmer does not consume tangible materials, she is free to create Any structure out of Any internal map which, in the end -- adequately accomplishes the general specs.
Freed thus of engineering costs and materials fabrication ... why Yes, very few can claim possession of as much near-complete-autonomy as the non-regimented Programmer:
at least, after having established her chops,... (final bit cut)

Thanks
     What profession invents their reality? - (crazy) - (31)
         artist, religious figure, politician -NT - (boxley) - (10)
             I thought about artist - (crazy) - (5)
                 Economists -NT - (drook) - (4)
                     If I got to invent my reality - (beepster)
                     So basically the answer is no one? -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                         Judges - (scoenye) - (1)
                             Judges win on straight power - (crazy)
             engineers -NT - (beepster) - (3)
                 Somewhat - (crazy) - (2)
                     Programmers have real world constraints - (malraux) - (1)
                         Sometimes - (crazy)
         BTW, I've been doing some gardening - (crazy)
         All creative work does to some degree - (jay) - (3)
             You pretty much covered it - (crazy) - (2)
                 Re: You pretty much covered it - (jay) - (1)
                     Specialty divison doesn't work the same in programming - (crazy)
         Non-programmer responds. - (Ashton) - (3)
             You've read far more into that than I was thinking - (crazy) - (2)
                 Fair enough.. even agree: - (Ashton) - (1)
                     100% - (crazy)
         How I became a tech writer - (mhuber) - (10)
             I know you didn't mean it but - (Silverlock) - (3)
                 Not sure I follow - (mhuber) - (2)
                     Check the word before "mental health facility". :-D -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         DOH! - (mhuber)
             Yeah, it's a balance - (crazy) - (5)
                 That may be the most lucid explanation yet seen re. - (Ashton) - (4)
                     mine sweepers, howsabout aircraft carriers? -NT - (boxley)
                     oh, I meant it - (crazy) - (2)
                         ..Waiting for other shoe to drop - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I saw corp presentations a couple of days ago - (crazy)

The third one burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp.
99 ms