IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is hilarious.
You've been given several concrete examples of how you're wrong, by people who have worked in the industry. Yet you still won't back down and continue to rely on pie-in-the-sky "solutions" that put the costs on someone else.

This is a dispute about a very specific item where the controlling legal authority is clearly defined.

The "controlling legal authority" [Why do you keep bringing that term up? Some sort of residual dig at Al Gore or something?] isn't a party to the dispute. Again, it's irrelevant.

Or are you saying that if I show up with pretty paperwork claiming your house and you aren't there..the judge should give me your house without question...because thats the way the system has worked for thousands of years?

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Your strawman about what "should" happen isn't relevant. What actually happens in the US civil court system is that people win default judgments all the time. The US civil court system <GIANT FLASHING BOLD TEXT WITH SPRITES AND GONGS> relies on evidence presented by the two parties </GFBTWSAG>. It relies on the 2 parties being truthful. Your wishing for some government authority to independently investigate and certify documentation <GFBTWSAG> provided by the parties to the government recording offices </GFBTWSAG> puts the onus on the wrong entity.

If someone shows up at my house claiming ownership, they can expect a lawsuit. Under your system, of perfect data, that somehow has a mistake even after being certified by the Grand Certification and Verification Poohbah of Land Records, the party bringing the claim and winning a judgment in court can also expect a lawsuit. (I'm sure you're aware that most government entities have immunity from suits in the performance of their duties.) Your magical, free, "perfect" data system wouldn't change that.

Nobody is arguing that land records shouldn't be accurate. Yes, they should be accurate. (Happy?) Where we differ is that you seem to think that some magical efficiency fairy will make all land records error-free and cost-free for someone else to do a plaintiff's job.

What happened to personal responsibility? Why shouldn't the bank and its agents be called to account and punished for causing this problem?

Sheesh.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hmmm ...
A single person mentioned in the article admits to signing 10,000 documents per month. Let's take Box's round number of 30 pages (which I can confirm is normal for simple deals with clear title). That's 300,000 pages per month to review. From one agent at one bank.

Other than, "Here's what they gave me, at 4:32 p.m. on September 24th," what is the person at the county recorder's office supposed to do, that he doesn't do now?
--

Drew
     The magic of the marketplace at work. - (Another Scott) - (116)
         Nice job - (drook) - (87)
             Hmmm - (beepster) - (86)
                 Some hints. - (Another Scott) - (85)
                     So you are blaming the banks.. - (beepster) - (9)
                         Where was "Tax Assessor" in that story? - (drook) - (8)
                             as a former real property title recorder - (boxley) - (1)
                                 I knew that - (drook)
                             What do you think they appraise them for, anyway? - (beepster) - (5)
                                 "I don't know what's involved, so it must be easy." - (drook) - (4)
                                     sigh - (beepster) - (3)
                                         Scott pointed out half the problem, same as me - (drook) - (2)
                                             You are missing it here. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                 nit - (boxley)
                     Two (and-a-half) issues - (drook) - (74)
                         Re: Two (and-a-half) issues - (beepster) - (73)
                             Um, it's my understanding... - (Another Scott) - (70)
                                 What I think... - (beepster) - (69)
                                     <sigh> - (Another Scott) - (50)
                                         And why is their no fault - (beepster) - (49)
                                             It's not their job - (drook) - (48)
                                                 Not even remotely - (beepster) - (47)
                                                     I see the solution! - (Another Scott)
                                                     Now you trust the government to be perfect? - (drook) - (45)
                                                         :-) Thank you. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         sigh - (beepster) - (43)
                                                             Try to keep up, I'll type slow - (drook) - (42)
                                                                 who needs to type slow, I wot... - (beepster) - (41)
                                                                     The court is not a party in a civil case. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                                         No I'm not. - (beepster) - (13)
                                                                             You're waving your hands around about a perfect world. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                                                 Re: You're waving your hands around about a perfect world. - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                                     You're still not getting it. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                                         Simple question. You still didn't answer. - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                                             We already have a system, if we would use it - (drook) - (4)
                                                                                                 Re: We already have a system, if we would use it - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                     Your idea, right - (drook) - (2)
                                                                                                         Getting there. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                             no, charge 3k for recording fees and they would have it - (boxley)
                                                                                             Your question doesn't matter. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                                 No it isn't. - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                     This is hilarious. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                         Hmmm ... - (drook)
                                                                     Okay - (drook) - (24)
                                                                         oh for chrissakes. - (beepster) - (23)
                                                                             Let's start from the beginning - (drook) - (22)
                                                                                 Lets. - (beepster) - (21)
                                                                                     Got a question - (drook) - (20)
                                                                                         Its about effecting change. - (beepster) - (19)
                                                                                             You like that Act? - (drook) - (18)
                                                                                                 You are the one telling me - (beepster) - (17)
                                                                                                     Standard format != data validation -NT - (drook) - (16)
                                                                                                         so what? - (beepster) - (15)
                                                                                                             Punt - (drook) - (14)
                                                                                                                 Except - (beepster) - (13)
                                                                                                                     data entry != data validation -NT - (drook)
                                                                                                                     hi 90's accuracy for legally binding docs? watchu smoking? -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                                                         He's corporate - (crazy) - (10)
                                                                                                                             Excuse me - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                                                                                 I don't think you know what that word means - (crazy) - (8)
                                                                                                                                     for a guy - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                                                                         So now ... - (drook) - (6)
                                                                                                                                             Ah, so.. - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                 Ah, let's compare our big swinging - (crazy)
                                                                                                                                                 You're still fixing the wrong problem - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                     Re: You're still fixing the wrong problem - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                         They already do - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                             Look at SCO v IBM. SCO v Novell. SCO v AutoZone... - (folkert)
                                                                     Re: who needs to type slow, I wot... - (malraux)
                                     They did ... sort of - (drook) - (17)
                                         Who is the controlling authority - (beepster) - (16)
                                             WTF beep - (boxley) - (15)
                                                 Ahh, a magic moment - (crazy)
                                                 1983? - (beepster) - (13)
                                                     FIFY - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                         Re: FIFY - (beepster) - (2)
                                                             People keeping records aren't investigators. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                 and if they keep the correctly - (beepster)
                                                     so you got the money in west palm? - (boxley) - (8)
                                                         No, a true libertarian would never leave the house - (crazy)
                                                         6k times 5...30k, sound outlandish? - (beepster) - (6)
                                                             Where did I say I want paper? - (drook) - (5)
                                                                 Ok. - (beepster)
                                                                 Two things: - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                     Back to this. - (beepster)
                                                                 Re: Where did I say I want paper? - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                     Forms - (beepster)
                             Don't you know how courts work? - (drook) - (1)
                                 Nice red herring - (beepster)
         Variation on a theme. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             another thing to remember, title insurance is just that - (boxley)
         Foreclosure system rife with fraud and negligence - (jay) - (10)
             This covers all the problems... - (folkert)
             Hmm - (beepster) - (8)
                 Did you read the "whining of the rich" thread? - (drook) - (7)
                     D'uh - (beepster) - (6)
                         BeeP, meet Beep ... maybe you guys should talk - (drook) - (5)
                             Cost to government /= process cost to bank - (beepster) - (4)
                                 A unique viewpoint for you - (crazy) - (3)
                                     Even it it costs 5x private - (beepster) - (2)
                                         Remember that post - (crazy) - (1)
                                             Whatever. -NT - (beepster)
         Ok. I give up. - (beepster) - (6)
             <snoopy dance> - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Re: <snoopy dance> - (beepster) - (4)
                     Sure he did - (crazy) - (3)
                         ICLRPD: This is RCMC quality. -NT - (drook)
                         I might actually agree with you - (beepster) - (1)
                             The things you are forgetting... - (folkert)
         Oh, one more thing... - (Another Scott) - (7)
             funny - (beepster) - (6)
                 No you're not - (drook) - (5)
                     This ---^ -NT - (Another Scott)
                     ok. - (beepster) - (3)
                         You've heard of "separation of powers" I assume? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             not talking about the radio problem - (beepster) - (1)
                                 The system is pretty good. - (Another Scott)

Drink and the Devil have done for the rest!
244 ms