IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My dog would pass that test.
I've got a 50 pound border collie/german shepard mix.

She gets walked on a retractable 20' leash. She's very, very good about going the right way if a pole or tree gets in the way. She learned how to walk around things very quickly - the first time she was walked with it. Now she sometimes does get tangled up in bushes when she's on a teather, but in that case she's walking around shrubs and lots of stuff and it's not a simple single barrier.

[My sister-in-law has a small husky-mix. She's beautiful and very friendly but not too bright. She often gets tied up with her leash...]

She will do almost anything for a snack - she always thinks she's starving. :-) I'm confident she'd pass the test with flying colors.

Every few months we weigh her on a digital bathroom scale. I carry it into the kitchen and she immediately gets interested. She clearly remembers it and anxiously seats herself on it because she knows she'll get a treat afterward.

So, it depends on the dog. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I had those same two dogs
Used to have a Basset Hound that could not figure out how to come back and go around the other side of the tree. I could pull as hard as i wanted, and he would just strain harder against the leash to try to come towards me.

The Golden Retriever/Chow mix I have now got the concept withing the first week.

The Basset BTW was the flat-out dumbest animal I've ever met.
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
     God is watching your posts! - (wharris2) - (33)
         Oh come on! - (nking)
         I CATegorically deny that! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         And? - (Silverlock) - (23)
             OOOOH! I sense something here - (wharris2) - (22)
                 Yeah, don't like 'em much. - (Silverlock) - (21)
                     Think you're a sofa; furniture has no feelings for'em eithr? -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Cant eatem, dont taste good - (boxley) - (19)
                         I've read a cat does in about 80 birds/year. YMMV. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (18)
                             Howabout 5 in a two week period? - (inthane-chan) - (17)
                                 Agreed. - (admin) - (11)
                                     One smart dog - (Meerkat) - (10)
                                         Cats are much smarter than many people credit them for. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                             I saw something possibly contrary to that some months back. - (static) - (7)
                                                 Agreed. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                     Maybe it did it on purpose; like getting drunk? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                 Intelligence is not so easily characterized - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                     My dog would pass that test. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         I had those same two dogs - (drewk)
                                                     My cat's reaction... - (inthane-chan)
                                                     And you made my point more eloquently than I did! :-) - (static)
                                             On whether animals are smart - (drewk)
                                 Oh.. thought you were describin homo-sap, there for a moment - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     "Dogs come when you call. Cats have an answering machine." -NT - (static)
                                 Purring... - (kmself) - (2)
                                     Uh, so you want any potential girlfriend to *like* cats... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         To be is to do, to do is to be.... - (kmself)
         Taking that at face value.. - (Ashton) - (6)
             LRPD sez ____"You idiot! WE'RE the People's Front of Judea!" -NT - (Ashton)
             Minor correction :-) - (wharris2) - (4)
                 Later than that - (kmself) - (3)
                     Which billion? - (wharris2) - (2)
                         An estimate is here. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             LOL, off by ten millenia! -NT - (wharris2)

Juan Valdez has the answer...
88 ms