IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Welcome!
There are a lot of nice features about OS X that are worth exploring.

Your middle mouse button is calling up the Dashboard. On our black MacBook, it's called up by a Function key (F5?).

Apple (and others) has/have lots of "widgets" that can be added to the Dashboard - many for free. http://www.apple.com...nloads/dashboard/

http://www.apple.com...tus/istatpro.html is a marvelous system monitor and free.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Wow! iStatPro - a center-button click away
Why.. of course there is a fan! 3 in fact..

I Like that it monitors 8 items for °C! Or F or K!!
I do Not like several temps near 50° C! in a fairly cool room (22°.)
OK... at least it isn't 60! somewhere. And some people live at 50 -- like in Baghdad.
If you only glance at it once a day ... tranquility.

Summer? See a slow, quiet exhaust-slot 'helper' fan in my future. Just because I Can.
Unclear, haven't delved yet -- if any temp info would be xmitted via USB/FWire HDs.
Poco á poco. Bit that info is Out there.

Thanks! d/l, install about as instant as imaginable.
Gotta start finding logical Folders in which to stash stuff off the Download tower / clear off the desktop, et cetera. Lest they grow like Topsy.

iMac -- more fun than a fortune cookie. Class! ... don't look in Redmond to find it.
New Regarding fans...
Not sure if this app works with iMacs, or just the laptops, but SMCFanControl is very handy for my Macbook Pro to save it from getting too warm. Well, to qualify that, 'too warm for my liking' - especially when using the laptop in the way its name suggests :)

Regardless - google will find it, or: http://www.versiontr...info/macosx/31029
They said I was gullible ... and I believed them
New Great Minds.
Thanks - the Perfect adjunct to iStat, which I wished-for, immediately ... and ... it Works.
Was going to pass this on --> A Scott, for his tip on iStat (which I see I could not without Do.)
Got new V2.1.3.1 at below source.

"""
While noting fan speeds, temp of the GPU diode: usually highest-of-all (and noting some reports from the field -- when some users found it beyond 70° [even 90!]) -- I came across a ref to This bitchin Util, which now resides in Menu Bar.

http://www.macupdate...info.php/id/23049

Obviously of more import to all nb users, I find it quite comforting to be able to, at least apply the Obvious: 70+ °C is getting to too-Hot for longevity of expensive, mobo-unreplaceable mini-processors like this GPU chip. 90° C is beyond the pale, long-term. We gots fine monitoring, ergo Use It.
"""

Bumped DD, CPU fans a mere 100 rpm: no Sahara temps anywhere. Gonna send a couple $ --> PayPal
(I like author's info too - he did not do any risky things like ... closed-loop: for reasons well-stated.)
Now I want to find out, wtf is this 'diode' doing, where is it and why is it the hottest thingie? The usual.

Again, thanks for this al-punte tip. While I'm not obsessive about checking stuff every hour because-it's-there, this is the sort which, once seen to operate as described -- deserves a glance, periodically. Before and especially after: warranty goes.

Love this machine so-far; 'tis almost as much fun as the electron synchrotron
(which was small enough to be run by One.. even just to demo to a friend on a weekend. As in, Wooo :-)
Now {sob} it has left the Smithsonian.. (was an exhibit for a few years) to its {sniff} denouement in some gigundo warehouse, never again to see gawking visitors.. (hearing the audio tape I made of it's 6/sec thump-thump-thumps.)

Red beret dusted off ... - (Ashton) - (50)
         just download seamonkey for mac - (boxley) - (1)
             Duh.. didn't think about *nix version of that., too. - (Ashton)
         Use Google bookmarks - (drook) - (9)
             Re: Use Google bookmarks - (Ashton) - (8)
                 There's a FF to Safari conversion solution. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Gracias - promising. - (Ashton)
                 Just exported to check, mine's only 206k - (drook) - (5)
                     you dont remember his old tecra? - (boxley)
                     It's not about the links -- - (Ashton) - (3)
                         You forget, bookmarks is a file. - (folkert) - (2)
                             Yes, have / knew that. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 If you screw with it... - (folkert)
         Re: Red beret dusted off ... - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Good advice all round. -NT - (folkert)
             Another thing. - (pwhysall)
             Missed Steermouse on first pass ... on list; thanks again. -NT - (Ashton)
         Welcome to the fold! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             Re: Welcome to the fold! :) - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Lots of solutions for extending 802.11 - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Ah yesss... recall his little experiment, way-back - (Ashton)
         Gracias, all. - (Ashton)
         Get your neighbor one of these: - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Nice.. - (Ashton)
         Beret fitted en tete, at jaunty angle <;^-) - (Ashton) - (26)
             I'll summon up my best creepy stare... - (Meerkat)
             Welcome! - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Wow! iStatPro - a center-button click away - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Regarding fans... - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         Great Minds. - (Ashton)
             Look in the system settings somewhere - (folkert)
             Something tells me ... - (drook) - (4)
                 dunno if it would fit over a forage cap -NT - (boxley)
                 Ya gots it.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     One of these days, Ashton... - (static) - (1)
                         Yeah, well.. will soon have a Place to store cute stuff -- - (Ashton)
             OK.. LAST Newbie post .... for a decent interval. - (Ashton) - (14)
                 You'll soon learn to... - (folkert) - (1)
                     ICLPRD - (static)
                 iStat Menus, MenuMeters, Internet Disconnect 2.1 - (Another Scott) - (11)
                     Nice sleuthing, once again - - (Ashton) - (10)
                         You are applying broken ideals to... - (folkert) - (4)
                             Sometimes one does need those tools. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Appreciations extended; here's one on Rixtools - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Notice you are ignoring everyone else... - (folkert) - (1)
                                         Not at all - (Ashton)
                         Instead of fussing about SpinRite or similar... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             Arr - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                                 Awe inspiring.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     My drive if connected and case turned on... - (folkert)
                                     Default TM preferences: - (mvitale)

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
137 ms