IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Single city and a wee bit of surrounding countryside, sheesh
YOU, a stickler for detail, all of a sudden? Somehow, this doesn't feel quite real... Anyway: That still doesn't make Turkey a European country, any more than Ceuta and Melilla make Spain an African one.

Let's turn this around -- in stead of me having to defend the European Union against this unwanted incursion all the time, let's have you Yanks[*] defend *why you want* Turkey in the EU.

A) What's the frigging *reason* for having it there?, and

B) What fucking business is that of yours?!? Do *we* get to declare which countries shall become States in *your* Union, next? I propose India, I'm sure they would like that. (With all her provinces, that would be about twenty or thirty new States, I suppose.)

[*]: And yes, that sadly seems to include you, BOx.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New like we dont have trouble keeping them out now
but clamorings for georgia and armenia being part of europe and they are east of turkey seems to be the rage. Let them in, kick them in the gutter, I dont care but getting the slavs and tartars under yer wings while ignoring turkey seems to be short sighted.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New That would be the Neighborhood policy
Not a path to membership but a diplomatic attempt to put a lid on the cesspool. As it is, organized crime controls trade and the goods are people. This has lead to import of the regional conflicts into the EU member states to the point that the rivaling gangs are rolling around fighting in the streets. The dead bodies are starting to pile up and their competition for territory is taking its toll on the natives.

As all kinds of fortresses and fences are/will be useless and the situation is going to soak up wads of money to rectify anyway, spending it over there in an effort to stabilize the situation seems to be the chosen route.
     Turkish / Iraq border on verge of open warfare - (JayMehaffey) - (24)
         Remind me, why exactly should these Asiatic... - (CRConrad) - (23)
             Few countries are as bad as Pakistan - (warmachine) - (10)
                 {sigh} There really Isn't much to be said, currently - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Re: {sigh} There really Isn't much to be said, currently - (dmcarls) - (5)
                         Sure, I 'count on that effect', too - - (Ashton) - (4)
                             My cat, also. - (dmcarls) - (3)
                                 Mrrrowr - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Youth - (dmcarls) - (1)
                                         Thanks for the reading list - (imqwerky)
                 For various values of Turkey... - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Damn! My Turkish geography isn't as good as I thought. - (warmachine)
                     it isnt much better in Sicillian villages -NT - (boxley)
             Iraq is joining the euro union? - (boxley) - (11)
                 What the ... - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     okies - (boxley) - (8)
                         You know, that's not nearly as silly as it sounds. - (static)
                         Byzantium was not Turkey. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             1918 was centuries ago? one maybe - (boxley) - (5)
                                 "Lots"? Consult a freaking map, you nitwit - it's ONE CITY! -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                     thrace is not a city, its a province - (boxley) - (3)
                                         Single city and a wee bit of surrounding countryside, sheesh - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                             like we dont have trouble keeping them out now - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 That would be the Neighborhood policy - (scoenye)
                 Disregard, fumble-fingered duplicate -NT - (CRConrad)

It's like a nuclear blast in the basement.
122 ms