IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What the ...
...FUCK are you gibbering about??? If I could make heads or tails of that, I might be able to actually rebut it.

As it is, I can only note that it seems to reflect nothing so much as your usual deep confusion about English grammar and European history and geography.

Oh, WTF, even if I try as best I can: The first bit, about Iraq and Serbia, makes no sense at all that I can discern. The tiniest little bit in the middle that I'm actually fairly sure what it means: Yes, I think Turkey doesnt belong in the EU, but not because of their hats. The last bit, about "when the austrians ran europe" -- is this supposed to evoke some kind of historic parallel to the days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, when the Osman Empire held sway over large parts of Eastern Europe?

If that's what you're trying to say, here's a newsflash from the seventeenth to nineteenth centuries: We threw off their tyrannical yoke! Greece, Albania, Rumania and Bulgaria, and all the little states and statelets that used to be Yugoslavia, are no longer ruled with an iron fist by the Pascha in Constantinople! WTF does that have to do with anything -- are you saying they *should be*, or what?!?

So, how many Senators does England -- sorry, Britain -- have in Washington D.C? If none, why not? That seems to be at least as logical and sensible as whatever it is you are trying to say: After all, in the days of the Austran Empire, Britain ruled large parts of what is now the USA. Brilliant solution to the Middle East problem, though: Israelis and Palestinians can settle their squabbles, as they won't have control of the region to contend for any more -- that'll have to go to Italy, obviously, since the Romans once held sway all around the Mediterranean.

Both the above make *at least* as much sense as your gibbering about "when the austrians ran europe".

If you want a more exact reply to the rest of your little screed, please translate it into coherent English. (NB: That's two translations.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New okies
"since they are attacking a sovreign nation turkey who has been much nicer about it than serbia for example." Serbia in the kosovo issue was much faster getting troops to go after Albanians poring into kosovo than the turks. Turkey is showing a lot of patience for people who have been targets of terrorists.

got a fez in yer eye that thinks turkey doesnt belong?
I have seen this before in your posts, a total antipathy towards Turkey

It was okay back when the austrians ran europe so why not now?
Byzantium was a european bastion after rome fell. A lot of Norse and Rus moved and traded there. Their decendants live on. There wasnt so much a population movement as much as a religious war that the muslims won. Do a genetic test on a macedonian and a western turk, not much difference genetically and from what I have seen, culturally not a lot different.

Turkey is currently a secular society with western aspirations, they should be encouraged to trade west and partner against the numbnuts further east.

HTH
Bill

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New You know, that's not nearly as silly as it sounds.
Turkey is currently a secular society with western aspirations, they should be encouraged to trade west and partner against the numbnuts further east.

Whilst Turkey could be regarded as relatively secular in the Muslim world, in the secular world, it is still a lot more Muslim than the US is Christian. But having said that, their Western aspirations are helping them brake any push to become more Muslim.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New Byzantium was not Turkey.
Byzantium was Rome; Turkey is not. Your "historical parallel" makes absolutely no fucking sense.

No, I don't have particularly much against Turkey, as such -- they're perfectly nice neighbours of Europe, nowadays. *Neighbours*, because Turkey isn't situated *in* Europe; it's the very fucking original definition of Asia. And that's why it doesn't belong in the European Union, which is a union of *European* countries. (If you ponder the name of the union real hard, maybe that'll become a bit more obvious: It's a *European* union, you see?)

And WHAT, exactly was "okay" in that time "when the austrians ran europe"?!? Large parts of Europe were under occupation by a foreign (non-European) power, the Osman Empire. Who the heck was "okay" with that??? The Osmans? Yeah, perhaps they were -- but as you'll notice, all the peoples in the occupied territories got rid of the Osmans as soon as they could. Seems no *Europeans* thought it was all that "okay".

My parallells -- DC Senators for Britain; Italy to run the Middle East -- are the exact continuation of your thesis that just becaused a nation centuries ago occupied what was before, and is now, someone else's territory, that long-ago ocuupier now belongs in that territory.

To most normal people that is *not* right. Can you explain why you think it is?

Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New 1918 was centuries ago? one maybe
asia minor starts on the east bank of the Bosphorus, lots of turkey west of that in southern europe. The same genetic mix lives there now as when Byzantium was roman with most of the same habits except for the religion.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New "Lots"? Consult a freaking map, you nitwit - it's ONE CITY!
New thrace is not a city, its a province
[link|http://graphicmaps.com/webimage/countrys/asia/tr.htm|http://graphicmaps.c...ntrys/asia/tr.htm]
follow the pointy line that sez
Turkey
Europe
(Thrace)
on the eastern end of the map it sez
Turkey
Asia
(Anatolia)

HTH
Bill

New Single city and a wee bit of surrounding countryside, sheesh
YOU, a stickler for detail, all of a sudden? Somehow, this doesn't feel quite real... Anyway: That still doesn't make Turkey a European country, any more than Ceuta and Melilla make Spain an African one.

Let's turn this around -- in stead of me having to defend the European Union against this unwanted incursion all the time, let's have you Yanks[*] defend *why you want* Turkey in the EU.

A) What's the frigging *reason* for having it there?, and

B) What fucking business is that of yours?!? Do *we* get to declare which countries shall become States in *your* Union, next? I propose India, I'm sure they would like that. (With all her provinces, that would be about twenty or thirty new States, I suppose.)

[*]: And yes, that sadly seems to include you, BOx.

New like we dont have trouble keeping them out now
but clamorings for georgia and armenia being part of europe and they are east of turkey seems to be the rage. Let them in, kick them in the gutter, I dont care but getting the slavs and tartars under yer wings while ignoring turkey seems to be short sighted.
thanx,
bill

New That would be the Neighborhood policy
Not a path to membership but a diplomatic attempt to put a lid on the cesspool. As it is, organized crime controls trade and the goods are people. This has lead to import of the regional conflicts into the EU member states to the point that the rivaling gangs are rolling around fighting in the streets. The dead bodies are starting to pile up and their competition for territory is taking its toll on the natives.

As all kinds of fortresses and fences are/will be useless and the situation is going to soak up wads of money to rectify anyway, spending it over there in an effort to stabilize the situation seems to be the chosen route.
     Turkish / Iraq border on verge of open warfare - (JayMehaffey) - (24)
         Remind me, why exactly should these Asiatic... - (CRConrad) - (23)
             Few countries are as bad as Pakistan - (warmachine) - (10)
                 {sigh} There really Isn't much to be said, currently - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Re: {sigh} There really Isn't much to be said, currently - (dmcarls) - (5)
                         Sure, I 'count on that effect', too - - (Ashton) - (4)
                             My cat, also. - (dmcarls) - (3)
                                 Mrrrowr - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Youth - (dmcarls) - (1)
                                         Thanks for the reading list - (imqwerky)
                 For various values of Turkey... - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Damn! My Turkish geography isn't as good as I thought. - (warmachine)
                     it isnt much better in Sicillian villages -NT - (boxley)
             Iraq is joining the euro union? - (boxley) - (11)
                 What the ... - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     okies - (boxley) - (8)
                         You know, that's not nearly as silly as it sounds. - (static)
                         Byzantium was not Turkey. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             1918 was centuries ago? one maybe - (boxley) - (5)
                                 "Lots"? Consult a freaking map, you nitwit - it's ONE CITY! -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                     thrace is not a city, its a province - (boxley) - (3)
                                         Single city and a wee bit of surrounding countryside, sheesh - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                             like we dont have trouble keeping them out now - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 That would be the Neighborhood policy - (scoenye)
                 Disregard, fumble-fingered duplicate -NT - (CRConrad)

It's like Parkay: You think it's LRPD, but it's not.
73 ms