IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Youth
>>> ...apparently plumbing the depths of my callowness and seeing the need for a prod or two.

Ah, callow youth. I, too was pointed to that very tome (..Vipers) while a sophomore in high school. This led to a reading binge which included Vance Packard (Hidden Persuaders), Lionel Tiger (Imperial Animal), Ashley Montegue (Natual Superiority of Women), Konrad Lorenz (On Aggression) and many, many others. Hasn't stopped now, 4-5 decades later. (Of course, my parents helped - led me to the Chicago Public Library and said "this door is not locked".)

For better or worse, school is the place to set youth on their future path. Too bad so many districts suffer from low budgets and other woes.

Thanks for the memory jog!
Expand Edited by dmcarls Oct. 25, 2007, 09:45:42 AM EDT
New Thanks for the reading list
I consider myself well-read, but now find I have some catching-up to do.

Onward to the library!
Smile,
Amy
     Turkish / Iraq border on verge of open warfare - (JayMehaffey) - (24)
         Remind me, why exactly should these Asiatic... - (CRConrad) - (23)
             Few countries are as bad as Pakistan - (warmachine) - (10)
                 {sigh} There really Isn't much to be said, currently - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Re: {sigh} There really Isn't much to be said, currently - (dmcarls) - (5)
                         Sure, I 'count on that effect', too - - (Ashton) - (4)
                             My cat, also. - (dmcarls) - (3)
                                 Mrrrowr - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Youth - (dmcarls) - (1)
                                         Thanks for the reading list - (imqwerky)
                 For various values of Turkey... - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Damn! My Turkish geography isn't as good as I thought. - (warmachine)
                     it isnt much better in Sicillian villages -NT - (boxley)
             Iraq is joining the euro union? - (boxley) - (11)
                 What the ... - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     okies - (boxley) - (8)
                         You know, that's not nearly as silly as it sounds. - (static)
                         Byzantium was not Turkey. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             1918 was centuries ago? one maybe - (boxley) - (5)
                                 "Lots"? Consult a freaking map, you nitwit - it's ONE CITY! -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                     thrace is not a city, its a province - (boxley) - (3)
                                         Single city and a wee bit of surrounding countryside, sheesh - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                             like we dont have trouble keeping them out now - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 That would be the Neighborhood policy - (scoenye)
                 Disregard, fumble-fingered duplicate -NT - (CRConrad)

So I pulled into a Shell station. They said I'd blown a seal. I said, "Fix the damn thing and leave my private life out of it, OK, pal??"
161 ms