IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'd have to say they are legal
otherwise the studios would take the DVD Player manufacturers to court instead of coming up with [link|http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html|Regional Coding Enhancements] to stop the regionfree players from play certain DVDs.

I also remember reading about a country(in Europe I think) where it's mandatory to sell region free players.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Not so sure
Here is a quote from that site:
"How It Works \ufffd In simple language, the RCE allows the disc to detect if a hardware player is region specific (as required by the CSS licensing agreement), or if it has been manufactured or altered in the market to be "region free"."

It sounds like the CSS licensing agreement requires all players to be region specific. Therefore a multi-region or no-refion player is violating the license agreement.
     DVD Player question - (bluke) - (15)
         I'd have to say they are legal - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             Not so sure - (bluke)
         Could be an older DVD player? - (nking) - (1)
             No it's brand new - (bluke)
         Ah... Region Coding... - (static) - (10)
             BZZZT - Technical Error! (Or, hopefully, a typo nit-pick.) - (CRConrad) - (9)
                 Hot-button topic for you, Christian? - (static) - (8)
                     What, semantics? And here I assumed you meant... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                         About that censorship ploy.. - (Ashton)
                         This is bizarre... - (static) - (5)
                             Yes, it's bizarre how you can persist in being so wrong: - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                 That's "statictate". - (static) - (3)
                                     Yup, saw that. I spelled "cansorship" further up-thread, too -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     OTOH a statictite - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Hmm. I wonder if a little history is called for... - (static)

Wanted: Web developer, command line junkie getting his freak on.
178 ms