IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, it's bizarre how you can persist in being so wrong:
Wade staticates:
It seems to be twice in the one thread you've mistaken my intent. *shakes head*
I hoped so, too... But, alas, it was not to be -- you really *are* saying what I thought you were.

I didn't put forward one way or the other that censorship is a good idea. but it exists and it's existence must, unfortunately, be accomodated.
No. That's like saying, "Evil exists, and therefore must be pandered to". Would you sign off on *that*?!?

Funny, I'd have thought you'd say Evil has to be *fought*, not have its comfort ensured as best you can. (Or is it that you don't quite know what a-commod-ated means, really? If so, look it up!)

No, censorship exists -- but it must NOT be acommodated. "No compromise with the Shadow; not on MY watch!"
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New That's "statictate".
And it wasn't really a statictation; it wasn't long enough.

We clearly have different views on how and why censorship should or should not work. So be it.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Yup, saw that. I spelled "cansorship" further up-thread, too
Hey, I can only plead (early) senility. Or maybe I was drunk -- Yeah, that's it! I was too drunk to spell correctly! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it... Almost with the vehemence of a Post-It[TM] note.
New OTOH a statictite
is a growth that can't quite make up its mind whether to grow from the floor or hang from the ceiling.. sorta a stoned stone?
New Hmm. I wonder if a little history is called for...
Back a few years ago when I began having LAN parties/Net days with friends, we naturally came up with some aliases for things like Quake. That's where "static" for my alias came from, BTW. An interesting typo in an email with our aliases led to inventing terms based on our alises for typical things we would do. We came up with quite a few between us, but most never got used. One that did stick around was "statictate".

Essentiually it means getting a long, generally correct answer in reply to a simple question that was probably not what the asker expected or desired. Amongst our little group, I tended to do a lot more than everyone else. Here on IWETHEY, other people statictate more than I do. :-)

We never came up with "statictite". :-)

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

DVD Player question - (bluke) - (15)
         I'd have to say they are legal - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             Not so sure - (bluke)
         Could be an older DVD player? - (nking) - (1)
             No it's brand new - (bluke)
         Ah... Region Coding... - (static) - (10)
             BZZZT - Technical Error! (Or, hopefully, a typo nit-pick.) - (CRConrad) - (9)
                 Hot-button topic for you, Christian? - (static) - (8)
                     What, semantics? And here I assumed you meant... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                         About that censorship ploy.. - (Ashton)
                         This is bizarre... - (static) - (5)
                             Yes, it's bizarre how you can persist in being so wrong: - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                 That's "statictate". - (static) - (3)
                                     Yup, saw that. I spelled "cansorship" further up-thread, too -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     OTOH a statictite - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Hmm. I wonder if a little history is called for... - (static)

One, two, three, four.
72 ms