IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Your amazing, everthing is so easy
In real life these things are not so easy. Do you know where Beirut airport is in relation to the border? How many people are guarding the airport? Yeah it sounds easy send in a tactical team, but it is not. How do you ensure that they get out? Remeber his was on the first day of the fighting.

I can just imagine what people like you would have said if Israel had shot down an Iranian airliner besides the fact that it might have set off a regional war.

But, who cares about all that, the armchair general here has declared that it is easy so he must be right. After all, it worked in Rambo, or some other war movie. Unfortunately real war is not like a movie and is not so simple.
Collapse Edited by bluke Aug. 3, 2006, 02:06:06 PM EDT
Your amazing, everthing is so easy
In real life these things are not so easy. Do you know where Beirut airport is in relation to the border? How many people are guarding the airport? Yeah it sounds easy send in a tactical team, but it is not.
Expand Edited by bluke Aug. 3, 2006, 02:13:14 PM EDT
New Yes. 50 miles from the border over open water
to an airport with the main runway that sits in the ocean. Very well within range of the helicopter gunships that we sold you.

Did I say it would have been EASIER than bombing. No. However, as far as targets go, Beirut Airport is pretty painless. And again, it was attacked, over and over again, based on an assertion with no proof. It would have been better to send gunships and get proof. Israeli firepower could easily handle ground defense of the airport (if it is what they claim it to be).

As for armchair generaling...you are doing a fine job of this also...passing on the party line in justification of targeting civilians.

Does this criticism of Israeli tactics in any way endorse Hezbollah? No. They are equally culpable of targetting civilians. But we have always been told that Israel was above this. It does not currently seem to be the case...and there seems to be no interest in demonstrating anything different.

Well, shooting down a cargo plane that is carrying arms into a conflict zone isn't likely to be thought of poorly. If its known enough to be published...its known enough to be acted upon.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     The Great Double Standard - (bluke) - (62)
         Luckily I already do - (JayMehaffey)
         Humorous... - (Simon_Jester) - (25)
             Because they're special. -NT - (jake123) - (2)
                 Yep - (bluke) - (1)
                     Love. It. - (Ashton)
             When rockets are raining down ... - (bluke) - (21)
                 Excuse me? - (bepatient) - (19)
                     Not to save the Jews - (bluke) - (18)
                         Ahh...so we didn't - (bepatient) - (17)
                             Yes - (bluke) - (16)
                                 Certainly... - (bepatient) - (15)
                                     Give me a break - (bluke) - (14)
                                         Really. Is there? - (bepatient) - (13)
                                             America and the Holocaust: Draw your own conclusions - (bluke) - (4)
                                                 Why, the authors already did. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                     None and you know it -NT - (bluke) - (1)
                                                         somehow I doubt that -NT - (bepatient)
                                                     Just lookin fer loopholes, are we? - (Ashton)
                                             It's no secret that America in the 1940's ... - (bluke) - (7)
                                                 So you go from - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                     Do you deny that America was a racist anti-semitic ... - (bluke) - (5)
                                                         whatchu mean then? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             That given the overall atmosphere in the US - (bluke) - (3)
                                                                 I assume you have lived in America at some point - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Born and bred in NYC - (bluke)
                                                                 That was my experience then, too - - (Ashton)
                 A proclamation - (rcareaga)
         Has there ever been a war ... - (Another Scott)
         You haven't answered yet - (drewk) - (33)
             Re: You haven't answered yet - (bluke) - (32)
                 Will you stop the WW comparisons? - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Last I checked ... - (bluke) - (1)
                         Whatever. -NT - (bepatient)
                 Re: You haven't answered yet - (systems) - (28)
                     Re: You haven't answered yet - (bluke) - (27)
                         personally I think you are both screwed - (boxley)
                         Rebuttal with your own quote - (bepatient) - (25)
                             Wrong - (bluke) - (24)
                                 katushas from Mexico? - (boxley)
                                 Don't try to claim - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     No one including the US ... - (bluke) - (6)
                                         This will be my last reply on this - (drewk) - (5)
                                             You are being pedantic - (bluke)
                                             Modern war is always a balance - (bluke) - (3)
                                                 So, why do a ground war at all? - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                     Re: So, why do a ground war at all? - (bluke) - (1)
                                                         took 48 hrs to get to beirut in 82, whats wrong here? - (boxley)
                                 If the US response... - (Simon_Jester) - (14)
                                     That is exactly what Israel is doing now - (bluke) - (13)
                                         Air support != air attack - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                             What kind of air support can you give ... - (bluke) - (1)
                                                 Probably not.... - (Simon_Jester)
                                         A huge what-if - (bepatient) - (9)
                                             How do you think the katyushas got to Lebanon? - (bluke) - (8)
                                                 Last time anyone checked...and your own admission - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                     Don't be ridiculous - (bluke) - (6)
                                                         Prove it. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                             Why did Israel bomb the Beirut airport - (bluke) - (4)
                                                                 Interesting. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                     Your amazing, everthing is so easy - (bluke) - (1)
                                                                         Yes. 50 miles from the border over open water - (bepatient)
                                                                 On the other hand... - (Another Scott)

The recommended age to have a Ouija board is 8+ years. So you have to be 21 to drink alcohol but only 8 to summon the devil.
79 ms