IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep
Otherwise how can you explain the world's obsession with Israel, a country of 7 million people smaller then NJ. As Mark Twain said:

The Jews constitute but 1% of the human race ... It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly be heard of; but he is heard of, has always been heard of... His contributions to the world's list of great names are away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvellous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose... the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone...The Jew saw them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no dulling of his alert mind. All things are mortal but the Jew... What is the secret of his immortality?"
New Love. It.
Last night, a magnificent performance of the [link|http://www.beauxartstrio.org/| Beaux Arts Trio] (of the stellar Schubert Op 100. Recorded at Indiana U. in 1986.) Three Jews.
Then.. all those physicists et alia.

Yep, as a post-toddler, initially adsorbing the prejudices cast in snarky speech-stone of my 'elders' - I could never find out What-it-Was that.. added the category 'Jew' to the lengthy rollcall of Muricans' xenophobic Hates-List (??)

(Actually I asked.. a few times - got back Microsoft-grade doublespeak; OK this was pre-M$ but That's what I recall it sounding like. Stopped asking, at least of any 'locals'.)

Currently, I notice a similar regression re 'smart Asian students' kicking-ass of the i-Pod-zoned-out crop of WASPS (white anglo-saxon protesters.) In brief, while in the US 'ethnicity' is quite enough for ostracism-by-degree - I've found no cohesive rationale for the 'Jew' class of obloquy - how it differs? from the standard knee-jerk process which issues a [-] to anyone not-just-like-Me.

I suppose this 'nonspecificality' is a Good Thing, in that Jews are just other Niggers, Spics, Liberals, Commies and the like - among the (48% of the [voting 48%]) who colored all the States Red (with a little help from Diebold.)

Equal-Opportunity Dissing, then: we're nothing if not consisently shallow. And gullible.

No words of revealed wisdom re the present conflagration - what can one say that's new? ... about 'adults' perpetually slaughtering over, Which is the *Real* Prince of Peace? As for air-conditioning deserts like Las Vegas and the M.E., words fail again.

The Great Double Standard - (bluke) - (62)
         Luckily I already do - (JayMehaffey)
         Humorous... - (Simon_Jester) - (25)
             Because they're special. -NT - (jake123) - (2)
                 Yep - (bluke) - (1)
                     Love. It. - (Ashton)
             When rockets are raining down ... - (bluke) - (21)
                 Excuse me? - (bepatient) - (19)
                     Not to save the Jews - (bluke) - (18)
                         Ahh...so we didn't - (bepatient) - (17)
                             Yes - (bluke) - (16)
                                 Certainly... - (bepatient) - (15)
                                     Give me a break - (bluke) - (14)
                                         Really. Is there? - (bepatient) - (13)
                                             America and the Holocaust: Draw your own conclusions - (bluke) - (4)
                                                 Why, the authors already did. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                     None and you know it -NT - (bluke) - (1)
                                                         somehow I doubt that -NT - (bepatient)
                                                     Just lookin fer loopholes, are we? - (Ashton)
                                             It's no secret that America in the 1940's ... - (bluke) - (7)
                                                 So you go from - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                     Do you deny that America was a racist anti-semitic ... - (bluke) - (5)
                                                         whatchu mean then? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             That given the overall atmosphere in the US - (bluke) - (3)
                                                                 I assume you have lived in America at some point - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Born and bred in NYC - (bluke)
                                                                 That was my experience then, too - - (Ashton)
                 A proclamation - (rcareaga)
         Has there ever been a war ... - (Another Scott)
         You haven't answered yet - (drewk) - (33)
             Re: You haven't answered yet - (bluke) - (32)
                 Will you stop the WW comparisons? - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Last I checked ... - (bluke) - (1)
                         Whatever. -NT - (bepatient)
                 Re: You haven't answered yet - (systems) - (28)
                     Re: You haven't answered yet - (bluke) - (27)
                         personally I think you are both screwed - (boxley)
                         Rebuttal with your own quote - (bepatient) - (25)
                             Wrong - (bluke) - (24)
                                 katushas from Mexico? - (boxley)
                                 Don't try to claim - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     No one including the US ... - (bluke) - (6)
                                         This will be my last reply on this - (drewk) - (5)
                                             You are being pedantic - (bluke)
                                             Modern war is always a balance - (bluke) - (3)
                                                 So, why do a ground war at all? - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                     Re: So, why do a ground war at all? - (bluke) - (1)
                                                         took 48 hrs to get to beirut in 82, whats wrong here? - (boxley)
                                 If the US response... - (Simon_Jester) - (14)
                                     That is exactly what Israel is doing now - (bluke) - (13)
                                         Air support != air attack - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                             What kind of air support can you give ... - (bluke) - (1)
                                                 Probably not.... - (Simon_Jester)
                                         A huge what-if - (bepatient) - (9)
                                             How do you think the katyushas got to Lebanon? - (bluke) - (8)
                                                 Last time anyone checked...and your own admission - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                     Don't be ridiculous - (bluke) - (6)
                                                         Prove it. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                             Why did Israel bomb the Beirut airport - (bluke) - (4)
                                                                 Interesting. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                     Your amazing, everthing is so easy - (bluke) - (1)
                                                                         Yes. 50 miles from the border over open water - (bepatient)
                                                                 On the other hand... - (Another Scott)