IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How nice are you?
I'd have taken every single item the kids had touched, returned it to the boxes..and told the kids (in a VERY LOUD VOICE) that those boxes are not theirs to play with, the items in them are not toys...and if they didn't get out of the room and go back to the party...things would get ugly REALLY QUICKLY!!!

Of course...all the kids think I'm mean...and quite frankly that suits my purposes well.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: How nice are you?
I'd have taken every single item the kids had touched, returned it to the boxes..and told the kids (in a VERY LOUD VOICE) that those boxes are not theirs to play with, the items in them are not toys...and if they didn't get out of the room and go back to the party...things would get ugly REALLY QUICKLY!!!

I did that with all the sharpies, and other pens once I discovered what they were up to. I never knew where the multiple post-it's went till after the escapades. John later told me the boys had been writing "kick me" on them and sticking them on the girls, and the girls were writing bad things about boys in retaliation and sticking them in the ladies bathroom. Those were all discovered later. Problem was, I would grab the sharpies and then the 10 year old would try to grab something else, etc. I eventually won and only lost one sharpie pen in the process, no clue where it wound up.

When I did yell, that was what got Katie and Trenna running over there to remove the children. Part of me wished I had yelled the first time, but mom and my sister used to think I was mean to children. I don't mean to be mean, I just lose my patience quickly, and they only seem to ever listen to me when I yell.

I remember once I had to help mom in Sunday school, and there were about 7 children there. Mom asked me to watch them while going into another room. They began to race around the table. I started grabbing children, one at a time and plopped them into their chairs and ordered them in a loud voice to stay there. They were scared to death and didn't move. Mom returned and wondered what on earth I had done to them, and I said, all I had done was put them back in their chairs.

I've tried to cope with children better due to being around a lot more family in the last three years, and I do better, but I still don't handle multiple kids at once in misbehaving situations.

Of course...all the kids think I'm mean...and quite frankly that suits my purposes well.

It used to suit mine, and it still seems to be the only thing that works. But you can't even spank or discipline children anymore nowadays without risking problems, something about you aren't allowed to spank or discipline other people's children. I remember that has all changed, and even teachers can't spank them nowadays.

But believe me, I wanted to grab each child and put them outside the door nearby, (where everyone else was), just like Wilma puts Fred outside in the cartoon. ;) I just restrained myself.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl June 26, 2006, 06:22:04 PM EDT
New OTOH
I'm really nice - and when I yell kids are shocked - and usually do as I say..

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New I am generally nice too...
...but relatively strict...so thats the mean part.

When I yell the kids are shocked too...but that is a simple matter of VOLUME...as you know my voice projects well and is loud when I'm at a whisper.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Ain't radio voices grand?
Mine isn't typically in projective mode, although I can modulate it to introduce the genetic legacy I received from my dad (who was in radio for years). People who know me are generally very surprised at the Voice I can produce if they haven't heard it before.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Whenever the neighborhood kids aren't paying attention ...
... Jenn asks me to use "the Marine voice". I still don't think there's anything to it, but she seems to believe in it.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
     Question for moms or dads please? - (Nightowl) - (37)
         Whose kids were they? - (admin) - (3)
             Re: Whose kids were they? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Go ahead. Make the scene. - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Agreed. - (admin)
         Two changes - (drewk) - (2)
             Re: Two changes - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Because - (drewk)
         How nice are you? - (bepatient) - (5)
             Re: How nice are you? - (Nightowl)
             OTOH - (imric) - (3)
                 I am generally nice too... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Ain't radio voices grand? - (admin) - (1)
                         Whenever the neighborhood kids aren't paying attention ... - (drewk)
         You did fine. I don't know about John though... :-( - (Another Scott) - (3)
             I'll see if I can explain this - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Sounds like Trenna was being reasonable - (drewk) - (1)
                     Yep, she was taking charge - (Nightowl)
         Thanks for your input :) - (Nightowl) - (17)
             I guess the mommies don't want to comment. ;) - (Nightowl) - (12)
                 You did good :) - (imqwerky) - (1)
                     Thanks, Amy! - (Nightowl)
                 This Mommy's head is in too much of a fog to offer - (bionerd) - (9)
                     No problem Laura - (Nightowl) - (8)
                         Heck No! - (bionerd) - (7)
                             Taking kids would be like taking wife to stag party - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                                 Kinda. - (admin) - (4)
                                     But you didn't stay with them the whole time - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                         Er, right... - (admin) - (2)
                                             And my point was that... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                 I don't think he was just talking about responsibility... -NT - (admin)
                             I didn't think so - (Nightowl)
             In case you have to deal with these folks again - - (Ashton) - (3)
                 I beg your pardon? (new thread) - (bionerd)
                 I beg your pardon? (new thread) - (bionerd)
                 Thanks, Ashton! - (Nightowl)
         you did okay, but after the first nice try, sharing etc - (boxley) - (1)
             Yeah, a more aggressive approach was needed - (Nightowl)

Jung would have wanted it this way.
125 ms