IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I guess the mommies don't want to comment. ;)
That's ok, I'm feeling a lot better about the situation today because Katie called me and was very proud of me with how I handled the kids both Friday night and Saturday at the reunion. She told me I had done my best, and that two of them were the most troublesome children in the clan.

So I'm finally no longer feeling like I was a complete failure at trying to contain the situation. I learned a lot from your suggestions, and from watching Trenna, and in future, I think I'll have a better handle on things if something like this happens again.

Thanks!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New You did good :)
The fellers have pretty much summed everything up. Good for you, Brenda!

And congrats for not having to put up with that crap next year :)
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New Thanks, Amy!
And yeah, I'm still trying to take in in the fact that I'm free at last. It will be someone else's turn next year! ;)

Course I'm also still recovering from the stress, strain and sheer exhaustion of the whole weekend... but soon I'll celebrate!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New This Mommy's head is in too much of a fog to offer
any kind of comment. I can barely rope in my own kids right now!
Sometimes.
When a man is alone in his room...
he wears stretchy pants.
It's for fun.
New No problem Laura
I'm feeling a lot better about the situation since Katie also said I did the best I could under the circumstances.

Are you taking the kids to the Beepbash?

Brenda

New Heck No!
I'm not taking the kids with me. They're the reason I need to get away in the first place! I need a break from being a Mommy. Grandma will be watching them and she has all kinds of fun and games planned for the kids.
Sometimes.
When a man is alone in his room...
he wears stretchy pants.
It's for fun.
New Taking kids would be like taking wife to stag party
Not from personal experience, but from posted comments about previous BeepBash

One of these times I will be able to attend.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Kinda.
I brought mine last year, and they had a good time. Granted, my ability to do things on the spur of the moment was affected, but it was still fun.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New But you didn't stay with them the whole time
The party would have been very different if you had to.

Cheers,
Ben
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
New Er, right...
In which case, it would have been more like taking a wife to a stag party, but I didn't, so it wasn't, which was pretty much my point.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New And my point was that...
your experience notwithstanding, jbrabeck is right about what it would be like for bionerd to show up by herself with kids in tow.

Cheers,
Ben
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
New I don't think he was just talking about responsibility...
Regards,

-scott anderson

New I didn't think so
I just wanted to know because you sounded like you really could use a break. So I'm glad you're going to get one.

I'm still trying to clean up from the reunion (unpack boxes, put stuff back in place, etc.), but when I get done I get my well deserved break too!

Brenda

Question for moms or dads please? - (Nightowl) - (37)
         Whose kids were they? - (admin) - (3)
             Re: Whose kids were they? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Go ahead. Make the scene. - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Agreed. - (admin)
         Two changes - (drewk) - (2)
             Re: Two changes - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Because - (drewk)
         How nice are you? - (bepatient) - (5)
             Re: How nice are you? - (Nightowl)
             OTOH - (imric) - (3)
                 I am generally nice too... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Ain't radio voices grand? - (admin) - (1)
                         Whenever the neighborhood kids aren't paying attention ... - (drewk)
         You did fine. I don't know about John though... :-( - (Another Scott) - (3)
             I'll see if I can explain this - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Sounds like Trenna was being reasonable - (drewk) - (1)
                     Yep, she was taking charge - (Nightowl)
         Thanks for your input :) - (Nightowl) - (17)
             I guess the mommies don't want to comment. ;) - (Nightowl) - (12)
                 You did good :) - (imqwerky) - (1)
                     Thanks, Amy! - (Nightowl)
                 This Mommy's head is in too much of a fog to offer - (bionerd) - (9)
                     No problem Laura - (Nightowl) - (8)
                         Heck No! - (bionerd) - (7)
                             Taking kids would be like taking wife to stag party - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                                 Kinda. - (admin) - (4)
                                     But you didn't stay with them the whole time - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                         Er, right... - (admin) - (2)
                                             And my point was that... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                 I don't think he was just talking about responsibility... -NT - (admin)
                             I didn't think so - (Nightowl)
             In case you have to deal with these folks again - - (Ashton) - (3)
                 I beg your pardon? (new thread) - (bionerd)
                 I beg your pardon? (new thread) - (bionerd)
                 Thanks, Ashton! - (Nightowl)
         you did okay, but after the first nice try, sharing etc - (boxley) - (1)
             Yeah, a more aggressive approach was needed - (Nightowl)

Sentinels and abdominal tracking shrimp.
119 ms