IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The sign isn't appropriate
Many of our X-rays/MRI's are read and tax forms prepared and accountants doing the bookkeeping are "virtual teams" in Bangalore. Sarcasm only works if it's preposterous.
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Hola Danno!
Might I respectfully suggest that, when the preposterous is a frequent part of a day's press conference.. perhaps a more extreme test for the efficacy of The Sign is required?

Trouble is.. can only think of ludicrous ... monstrous?
These don't seem quite Enough, though.

No wonder there's so little satire about, eh?

\ufffdYour Planet\ufffds Immune System Is Trying to Get Rid of You.\ufffd
-- bumper sticker suggested by Kurt Vonnegut

New Re: Hola Danno!
Ashton,
This gives me an idea for a new avatar. I now want to become a satyrist...
[image|http://www.nd.edu/~dreck/graphics/satyre.jpg||||]

Was thinking about you last night as I was composing the "come on Bill" post. I thought about calling a meeting to order for the Royal Astronomer's Club, but since Bill had already proposed the agenda, I thought it might be redundant. Hope all is well with you!
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
     Outsourcing saves less than claimed - (lincoln) - (97)
         This is going to end up on a lot of corporate desks. - (imqwerky) - (92)
             Won't change anything - (ben_tilly) - (91)
                 s/(mis)/(mc)/g -NT - (boxley)
                 all true - (cforde) - (89)
                     Assume that the truth is somewhere in between - (bepatient) - (88)
                         That could still be mismanagement - (ben_tilly) - (87)
                             Likely that internally would be mismanaged as well, then. - (bepatient) - (86)
                                 Outsourcing adds an extra layer of complexity. - (imric) - (8)
                                     Possibly. But not if done correctly - (bepatient) - (7)
                                         The right people can succeed no matter what - (ben_tilly)
                                         No matter what. - (imric) - (5)
                                             And I made the clarification earlier - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                 We also have onsite staff. - (imric) - (3)
                                                     The overall point - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         But ONLy if they are unwilling to reorganize to a more - (imric) - (1)
                                                             There are ALOT of those, you >do< know this. -NT - (bepatient)
                                 Mostly agreed - (ben_tilly) - (76)
                                     Aye. -NT - (imric)
                                     Fully agree on core competence - (bepatient)
                                     so what are we trying to optimize? - (cforde) - (73)
                                         Bob Lewis at InfoWorld actually has a good one for this - (drewk) - (72)
                                             <advocate mode="devil">OTOH</advocate> - (imric) - (71)
                                                 I think it's perspective and definitions - (drewk) - (18)
                                                     And sales, warehousing, inventory - (imric) - (17)
                                                         Do you have plumbers on staff? - (drewk) - (3)
                                                             And when IT is as dependable as plumbing - (imric) - (2)
                                                                 It's ironic that you'd call plumbing "dependable" - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                     You do have a point there - (imric)
                                                         Example - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                             You know me better than to - (imric) - (11)
                                                                 Who said anything about not having onsite staff? - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                     Failure financially. - (imric) - (9)
                                                                         No more likely - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                             Nonsense. - (imric) - (7)
                                                                                 IT is a commodity. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                                     Wait for this pendulum to swing back - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                         All what eggs now? - (pwhysall)
                                                                                     What you say is only somewhat true - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                 All of your argument - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Mmmmhmmm - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                         Just simply wrong on many levels - (bepatient)
                                                 Jumping in late - (danreck) - (51)
                                                     And in line with this - (bepatient) - (48)
                                                         Nor are they likely - (imric) - (38)
                                                             Keep reaching - (bepatient) - (37)
                                                                 Step 1 - steal all the underwear. Step 3. Profit. - (imric)
                                                                 Come on Bill - (danreck) - (35)
                                                                     Sigh - (bepatient) - (34)
                                                                         Without IT, the business will fail - (imric) - (33)
                                                                             You continue to make a blanket statement that is not true - (bepatient) - (32)
                                                                                 Mmmhmmm - (imric) - (31)
                                                                                     Re: Mmmhmmm - (pwhysall) - (16)
                                                                                         Unless more management = more efficient - (imric) - (12)
                                                                                             branched outsourcing costs more (new thread) - (boxley)
                                                                                             That clears that up, then. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                                                 *shrug* - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                     you havnt even attempted to address my branched reply -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                             Skip, YOU haven't been reading - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                                                                 On the contrary! - (imric) - (5)
                                                                                                     look at SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                         There's stuff like Sarbanes-Oxley too... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                     A new employee is coming Monday... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                                         1 hour. Our procedures have it set up the day before. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                             If you don't have good procedures and people... - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                                 .... -NT - (imric)
                                                                                         They're using different definitions of efficiency. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                             Stop trying to spoil my fun :-) -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                 And mine! :-D -NT - (imric)
                                                                                     Before this right shifts anymore - (danreck) - (1)
                                                                                         Too true - (bepatient)
                                                                                     No they aren't. They are oversimplifications - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                                         Straw men marching? - (imric) - (10)
                                                                                             You are off your rocker - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                                                 And what delivers that service? Robots? - (imric) - (8)
                                                                                                     Maybe - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                                                         As long as you get it in a timely fashion, - (imric) - (6)
                                                                                                             Ah, we've taken the first step, grasshopper. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                                                                 Cost <> price. - (imric) - (4)
                                                                                                                     I have a hard time agreeing with any of this - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                                         So dollars are all. The spreadsheet is king. - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                                                             Not everything. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                                                 roundandroundandroundandround -NT - (imric)
                                                         Plants - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                                             No it's not - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                 If we are talking about offshoring, you are right. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     True -NT - (drewk)
                                                             And one more time. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                 Where did I say offshore? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                                     Re: Where did I say offshore? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                         Ah - well that is the crux of the offshoring problem - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                             Understood... - (bepatient)
                                                     Me too - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                         Or maybe youhave the data - (bepatient)
         If it doesn't work, do more of it. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             The sign isn't appropriate - (danreck) - (2)
                 Hola Danno! - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Re: Hola Danno! - (danreck)

It's like watching someone try to explain quantum physics to a goat.
135 ms