IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Love <> Excuse
  1. Nowhere in any of my posts did I post apologia for the owners. Never once, though you certainly want to paint them that way. In fact, in almost every one of them, I said that the owners are responsible.

2. The thing that Ash was doing WAS impugning the reality of the feelings the owner had for the anmals; he was implying that the love the owners wasn't really love. That's what the quotes around love inferred. The dogs in question were taken away, and that adds to the tragedy, it adds to the hurt of the incidents, and that's REAL. It makes things worse; the fact that it's necessary and right doesn't change that.

3. The nature of newsbites in our papers is to typically sensationalistic. They rarely give enough data to judge anything, but instead try to lead people to adopt the reporters viewpoint. Making snap judgements of people based on that is silly.

4. Bad person? Geez. I was trying to emphasize the futility of arguing with you when you've made up your mind on something. Don't go paranoid on me, Christian. Curmudgeon you may be, I've never thought of you as a bad person.

The 'excuses' (note the quotes) that the woman was making was more about the horror she felt about the whole thing, IMO - she never expected it to happen based on the prevous behavior of the dog, and NOWHERE did I say that this excused her. Never once. How many times have I lamented the lack of responsibilty displayed by people? I certainly haven't changed my stance now.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Expand Edited by imric June 26, 2005, 05:15:17 PM EDT
New Ah. OK, sorry.
When you put it that way, it sounds quite reasonable. (So YTF didn't you put it that way to begin with? :-)

Yeah, I know I can be quite silly sometimes.

Anyway, again, I'm sorry.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New *smile*
S'alright! And I didn't mean to annoy you...
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Do I see another metaphor for Our Times? - (Ashton) - (85)
         Oh yeah. No one could ever love a pit-bull, right? - (imric) - (77)
             Loving, perhaps, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (28)
                 anyone care to guess which breed most likely to bite? - (boxley) - (27)
                     Personally, I consider any largish dog . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (25)
                         if one wants to own a dog for "protection" - (boxley) - (22)
                             WTH is a "noodle dog"? -NT - (admin) - (5)
                                 what little girls with hearing impediments call poodles :-) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                     What's wrong with a poodle? - (admin) - (3)
                                         standards are fine, its the little fockers I dont like - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Agreed. -NT - (admin)
                                             While I'm generally kind to animals, and even insects . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             My next door neighbors have a pit bull - (bionerd) - (15)
                                 People. - (imric)
                                 Precautionary visit from Animal Control/SPCA in order? :-( - (Another Scott)
                                 Had a neighbor like that - (drewk)
                                 I have a very large dog - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     As you've discovered... - (ben_tilly)
                                 Tossing the dog a box of chocolate bars . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                     Chocolate's not good for dogs, either. - (static) - (2)
                                         That's what I implied . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             D'oh. I misread. -NT - (static)
                                     "Fatal"? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         Yes - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                             Well... - (scoenye) - (2)
                                                 Nevermind - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Exactly the result... - (bepatient)
                                             It's the theobromine in chocolate - (bionerd)
                         It's true. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Acording to an article in the Los Angeles Times . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Pitbulls and Rotweilers have caused more deaths. - (Another Scott)
             Straw Dog___ Pshaw. - (Ashton) - (8)
                 Nit. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     - Picked. Indeed; similarly sloppy re lumping Rotweilers - (Ashton)
                 Nonsense again. - (imric) - (5)
                     JeezSkip, go READ some stuff on this breed's RECORD, willya? - (Ashton) - (4)
                         So which part do you disagree with? - (imric)
                         No, Ash. - (imric) - (2)
                             I'll go ~ with 'the meanest dog being superior' - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 *shrug* Whatever. -NT - (imric)
             Any dog can end up vicious depending on its owners - (Silverlock) - (38)
                 So what? Read my posts - (imric) - (37)
                     Point = missed - (Silverlock) - (32)
                         ONCE AGAIN, read my posts. - (imric) - (31)
                             That's what I'm responding to - (Silverlock) - (30)
                                 And THAT'S where 'tragedy borne of ignorance' comes in. - (imric) - (27)
                                     I think Ashton was talking about 2 kinds of love. - (Another Scott)
                                     I think I may begin to see a glimmer of your point - (Silverlock) - (25)
                                         Keep trying...you are VERY cold (meaning far from the point) -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             Correct me then. Show me the error of my understanding -NT - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                 Re-read Imrics first response to Ashton - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     I have, many times. - (Silverlock)
                                         define attack bred animal - (boxley) - (9)
                                             Umm, Animals bred to fight? -NT - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                                 care to name a breed that was not bred to fight? -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                                     Parsing like a republican you are. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                         I see, no answer so start wild accusations :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             Here's an answer - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                 viking war dog -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Toy Poodle. :-P - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                         both examples wrong, toy breeds of fighting dogs - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             You do not breed toys to fight - (ben_tilly)
                                         *sigh* - (imric) - (10)
                                             So be it. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                 *chuckle* - (imric)
                                             Oh, bullpucky. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                 CRC - (imric) - (4)
                                                     Those are indeed my initials. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                         Love <> Excuse - (imric) - (2)
                                                             Ah. OK, sorry. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                 *smile* - (imric)
                                                 of dogs and men (new thread) - (rcareaga)
                                                 Nit. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Interesting. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Victim of the RNG in the sky. - (Silverlock)
                     I just re-read the original post - (drewk) - (3)
                         And when a mother loves a child? - (imric) - (2)
                             Yes, indeed - and when a mother loves a child... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 *shrug* - (imric)
         essential point missed? - (rcareaga) - (6)
             Thank. you. Sir. - (Ashton) - (5)
                 WTF does the wizard of Oz haft to do with anything?... -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Box, a phrase was Minted just for You__ years ago - (Ashton)
                     Same issue: Dorothy failed to control Toto: Bad Owner - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         :-) -NT - (boxley)
                         You utter bastard - (Silverlock)

You getting this down?
241 ms