IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I just re-read the original post
I was trying to think how to put this and finally figured it out. When a man beats his wife, and she stays with him because she "loves" him, is that "real love"? Most people would say it's obsession. Or that the man is fulfilling a deep, unhealthy need for the woman.

Is it our place to question whether that is "real love"? Well ... yeah, I think it is. We feel pity for them, but it's not the pity you feel for someone hit by a car. It's not an accident. It's predictable. What's pathetic is that there is something so wrong with them that they live with the risk.

That's what I think of people who get large dogs -- particularly breeds known to have agressive tendencies -- and don't train them. Either they're wilfully blind to reality or they want a large, agressive dog. So which do they deserve: pity, or anger?
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New And when a mother loves a child?
And the child goes bad, through bad parenting, poor environment? Genes? If the child was adopted after exposure to drugs in the womb? (after all, the parent/guardian would 'know better ' iin that case, right?) When does the love stop being real?

There may come a time when a healthy person may have to remove the bad loved one from their life, sure.

Does that make the love less genuine? Or does it make the situation more tragic, more painful?

I tend to believe the second.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Yes, indeed - and when a mother loves a child...
...quite apparently LESS than she does the vicious killer-beast that KILLS said child, we are NOT to conclude that there's something deeply fucking wrong with said mother's "love" for her vicious fucking killer-beast?!?

Keep repeating that one a few zillion times more, and let's see if anybody sane buys it.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New *shrug*
Believe what you want. You will anyway.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Do I see another metaphor for Our Times? - (Ashton) - (85)
         Oh yeah. No one could ever love a pit-bull, right? - (imric) - (77)
             Loving, perhaps, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (28)
                 anyone care to guess which breed most likely to bite? - (boxley) - (27)
                     Personally, I consider any largish dog . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (25)
                         if one wants to own a dog for "protection" - (boxley) - (22)
                             WTH is a "noodle dog"? -NT - (admin) - (5)
                                 what little girls with hearing impediments call poodles :-) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                     What's wrong with a poodle? - (admin) - (3)
                                         standards are fine, its the little fockers I dont like - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Agreed. -NT - (admin)
                                             While I'm generally kind to animals, and even insects . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             My next door neighbors have a pit bull - (bionerd) - (15)
                                 People. - (imric)
                                 Precautionary visit from Animal Control/SPCA in order? :-( - (Another Scott)
                                 Had a neighbor like that - (drewk)
                                 I have a very large dog - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     As you've discovered... - (ben_tilly)
                                 Tossing the dog a box of chocolate bars . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                     Chocolate's not good for dogs, either. - (static) - (2)
                                         That's what I implied . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             D'oh. I misread. -NT - (static)
                                     "Fatal"? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         Yes - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                             Well... - (scoenye) - (2)
                                                 Nevermind - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Exactly the result... - (bepatient)
                                             It's the theobromine in chocolate - (bionerd)
                         It's true. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Acording to an article in the Los Angeles Times . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Pitbulls and Rotweilers have caused more deaths. - (Another Scott)
             Straw Dog___ Pshaw. - (Ashton) - (8)
                 Nit. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     - Picked. Indeed; similarly sloppy re lumping Rotweilers - (Ashton)
                 Nonsense again. - (imric) - (5)
                     JeezSkip, go READ some stuff on this breed's RECORD, willya? - (Ashton) - (4)
                         So which part do you disagree with? - (imric)
                         No, Ash. - (imric) - (2)
                             I'll go ~ with 'the meanest dog being superior' - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 *shrug* Whatever. -NT - (imric)
             Any dog can end up vicious depending on its owners - (Silverlock) - (38)
                 So what? Read my posts - (imric) - (37)
                     Point = missed - (Silverlock) - (32)
                         ONCE AGAIN, read my posts. - (imric) - (31)
                             That's what I'm responding to - (Silverlock) - (30)
                                 And THAT'S where 'tragedy borne of ignorance' comes in. - (imric) - (27)
                                     I think Ashton was talking about 2 kinds of love. - (Another Scott)
                                     I think I may begin to see a glimmer of your point - (Silverlock) - (25)
                                         Keep trying...you are VERY cold (meaning far from the point) -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             Correct me then. Show me the error of my understanding -NT - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                 Re-read Imrics first response to Ashton - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     I have, many times. - (Silverlock)
                                         define attack bred animal - (boxley) - (9)
                                             Umm, Animals bred to fight? -NT - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                                 care to name a breed that was not bred to fight? -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                                     Parsing like a republican you are. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                         I see, no answer so start wild accusations :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             Here's an answer - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                 viking war dog -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Toy Poodle. :-P - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                         both examples wrong, toy breeds of fighting dogs - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             You do not breed toys to fight - (ben_tilly)
                                         *sigh* - (imric) - (10)
                                             So be it. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                 *chuckle* - (imric)
                                             Oh, bullpucky. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                 CRC - (imric) - (4)
                                                     Those are indeed my initials. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                         Love <> Excuse - (imric) - (2)
                                                             Ah. OK, sorry. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                 *smile* - (imric)
                                                 of dogs and men (new thread) - (rcareaga)
                                                 Nit. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Interesting. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Victim of the RNG in the sky. - (Silverlock)
                     I just re-read the original post - (drewk) - (3)
                         And when a mother loves a child? - (imric) - (2)
                             Yes, indeed - and when a mother loves a child... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 *shrug* - (imric)
         essential point missed? - (rcareaga) - (6)
             Thank. you. Sir. - (Ashton) - (5)
                 WTF does the wizard of Oz haft to do with anything?... -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Box, a phrase was Minted just for You__ years ago - (Ashton)
                     Same issue: Dorothy failed to control Toto: Bad Owner - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         :-) -NT - (boxley)
                         You utter bastard - (Silverlock)

NaN
86 ms