IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmm. That machine sounds familiar...
Oh yeah. It's the one I'm typing this message on right now.

[link|http://www.mikevitale.com/1905s303.html|My installation notes from 2002] are available. I have since sent the machine back for repairs, got back a wiped-clean hard drive, and used the Debian Net installer on it as well. No problems (except those that I've caused, like spilling soda in the stupid keyboard) to report.

I've done just about everything that you've claimed to have not been able to do. Compiled Kernel. Used knoppix. Used Debian base and not-base (netinst) installer. It All Just Works.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Yep, used those.
I get the feeling I'm missing some crucial point that needs watching, and I'll be revisiting it soon - was just looking for a "simpler" way to shoehorn myself in to Linux...
Powered by the Hammer of the Gods
     Any thoughts on Ubuntu Linux distro? - (inthane-chan) - (20)
         Doomed. - (pwhysall) - (8)
             Toshiba Satellite 1905-S303 - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                 You're not paying close enough attention, then :-) - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Problem with Debian - (imric)
                 Have you tried latest Debian installer (over the net)? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     WTF are you talking about? - (folkert) - (1)
                         Well, I did this some time ago and that's where it got me. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Hmmm. That machine sounds familiar... - (Yendor) - (1)
                     Yep, used those. - (inthane-chan)
         Forget derivatives. The New Debian Installer ROCKS! - (folkert) - (10)
             Incorrect. - (imric) - (9)
                 Which... - (folkert) - (8)
                     Nah, nightly build from debian.org - (imric) - (7)
                         Nope. No detecto. -NT - (imric) - (6)
                             What kind of NIC? - (folkert) - (5)
                                 VIA Rhine II Fast onboard ethernet -NT - (imric) - (4)
                                     Wow... - (folkert) - (3)
                                         Saw bug reports on it already via Google... - (imric) - (2)
                                             Or maybe not. - (imric) - (1)
                                                 Didn't work - But Simply Mepis did! -NT - (imric)

I see... dead people.
91 ms