Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How can I put this?
How did she not cooperate?

Details?

Did she refuse to be scanned?

NO!

Did she refuse to be searched?

NO!

Did she refuse to have her baggage searched?

NO!

Did she refuse to kowtow to the self-important pathetic asshole running the show?

YES!

And that got her banned.

Congratulations. That is what you are supporting. Pardon me if I don't see the problem.

I understand how certain of you would consider that a problem.
New ie Words to Live-By, Cratchit: *Never Question Authority\ufffd*
New How can a search be conducted if she won't stand still?
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=16584|Here] is a post with the Bangor news story.

\ufffdShe was uncooperative during the screening process,\ufffd said American Eagle spokesman Kurt Iverson, who added that Oden reportedly would not stand still when security staff tried to wave a metal-detecting wand over her. \ufffdObviously if they can\ufffdt submit to screening, [Federal Aviation Administration] regulations require that they not be allowed to board the plane.\ufffd

How can they effectively screen a passenger who won't stand still? In effect, she refused to be scanned.

More in Bill's thread in the Open Forum.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Agreed that this *may* have been the case. LITMUS TEST #1
SHE denies that.
THEY claim that.

WE DON'T KNOW !!

This has ALL been an exercise about:

WHICH conclusion does one automatically jump to - given conflicting CLAIMS.

Get It ? It has been merely a LITMUS TEST of personal er 'proclivities'.

Who flunked ?

{Sheesh!}

A.
New Some of us took the essay test.
While, maybe, some of us took it as true/false.

:-)

As we've both said, we don't know what really happened.

There are examples of people being singled out unfairly. This, to me, doesn't seem to be an example of such an occurrence.

Cheers,
Scott.
New And again...
...she felt singled out >by her admission<...refused wanding by reporter and airport account (2 different sources saying she was either difficult or refused part of the screening).

She was denied access.

That made her mad, obviously.

There aren't alot of conclusions to jump to, Ash. What seems to be the problem is that some have granted rights to people that don't exist...invented airport rules that don't exist and essentially decided that this woman's story was true on face value.

Oops.

I believe I have stated on more than one occassion that those "some" seemed to have picked a poor horse in this race.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Once again, "detained". :)
"...refused wanding..."

Bill, I think you'd better retire with a nice dictionary before you get caught up in these discussions.
New I see you still can't...
...invalidate the point.

But the grammar and spelling lessons should come in handy...thanks.

New *sigh*
"Did she refuse to be scanned?

NO!"

Umm, sorry. The answer to that question is yes. Unless you are using a different definition for the word "refuse".

Don Richards,
Proud recipient of the ABBA.
New See above: there are *CONFLICTING* claims. WHO lied most?
New Let's try this shall we?
How about a little common sense?

Security in aiports is at high alert right now.

The security agents are under intense scrutiny right now.

More thorough searches/screenings are called for in some random cases and some specific cases (Travelocity purchased tickets).

What is more likely, she is/was a PITA who wouldn't cooperate fully with the security agents or the FBI has her on a watch list that flagged her name as a suspected terrorist and was therefore denied access to her flight?

I tend to side with the PITA theory myself. And you can't use the *evil repo* argument with me. I hardly ever agree with the conservatives here as you well know. So I am not predisposed to accept govt versions of stories.
Don Richards,
New JMFCUTA
"And you can't use the *evil repo* argument with me."

Jesus Mother Fucking Christ Up The Ass!

WHERE did that quote come from?

"How about a little common sense?"

How about sticking to quoting ME or the references?

Where did you get the *evil repo* shit?
New Try to pay attention here
I was responding to Ashton. I've already given up on you.
Don Richards,
New Oops. Wrong window.
I thought that was Bill replying to me.

Sorry.
New I can post a quote. You cannot.
"Oden said that while she asked security staff not to touch her with the wand, she did allow them to complete their search of both her person and her baggage."

There, I've posted a direct quote stating that she submitted to a complete search of her person and her luggage.

Now, you do the same. With a statement that >SHE< REFUSED to be screened.

That's all you have to do.

:)
New I decline to waste any more time on you
Don Richards,
New I'll play, for a while....
[link|http://www.bangornews.com/editorialnews/article.html?ID=44958|Here].

\ufffdShe was uncooperative during the screening process,\ufffd said American Eagle spokesman Kurt Iverson, who added that Oden reportedly would not stand still when security staff tried to wave a metal-detecting wand over her. \ufffdObviously if they can\ufffdt submit to screening, [Federal Aviation Administration] regulations require that they not be allowed to board the plane.\ufffd

If a person won't stand still during a screening/search, is it an effective screening/search? I don't think so.

If you believe the report above, she didn't stand still for the screening, so she wasn't effectively searched. She was uncooperative, couldn't be effectively searched, and thus was not mistreated by being excluded from the secure area.

If you don't believe the report above, and instead believe her account, then something wrong might have happened in her case.

So where do you stand? Do you disbelieve the Bangor Daily News account?

Cheers,
Scott.
New And there seem to be conflicting reports.
Which is why I posted the challenge about attempting to pass security while refusing to be scanned.

You start with the reports.

You extract the items that seem to be in agreement.

What would happen to you if you tried pass security without being screened?

Did this happen to her?
New You challenge is still incorrect.
Pass security != refuse screening

New Reading with comprehension.
"Pass security != refuse screening"

That is quite true.

That is why you must attempt them both.
New Bah

Green Party USA Coordinator Detained at Airport - (altmann) - (119)
         What was Ari's line again? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Growlf...wrong line - (Simon_Jester)
         Ummmmmm, where to begin. - (Brandioch) - (3)
             I wish to do more. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Addendum - (Ashton)
                 Dear Big Brother, - (Brandioch)
         Massive, Secretive Detention Effort - (bluke) - (5)
             Emphasis: "Middle Eastern Men" - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 "Middle Eastern Men" right now... - (bluke) - (3)
                     It would be rather inconvenient . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Re: McVeigh turned Militias unfashionable - (dmarker2) - (1)
                             Not hard to explain the reversal.. - (Ashton)
         Another (local) view. - (Another Scott) - (83)
             well, goody - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                 Its one of those grey areas. - (addison) - (3)
                     Heights. Bad. Urk. - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                         What Heights? - (addison)
                         Or a conversation between . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Your rights are lost, one by one. - (Brandioch) - (76)
                 What "rights"? - (bepatient) - (75)
                     Police state. - (Brandioch) - (64)
                         Or when you throw them away.... - (addison) - (8)
                             Your reality check just bounced. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 P, K, B. - (addison) - (6)
                                     She did not have a gun. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         What did she do? - (addison) - (4)
                                             The other points? - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                 I see part of the problem. - (addison) - (2)
                                                     Whatever. - (Brandioch)
                                                     Now if she'd been merely a screaming *son*-of a bitch.. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Read...then post... - (bepatient) - (54)
                             Gotta back Beep on this one. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 See my other reply. -NT - (Brandioch)
                             Read....Then post. - (Brandioch) - (50)
                                 I comprehend just fine. - (Silverlock) - (42)
                                     Again, comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (41)
                                         Right back atcha - (Silverlock) - (40)
                                             Oh >there< it is... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Damn! Where did I leave my sunglasses? - (Silverlock)
                                             That's right. - (Brandioch) - (37)
                                                 I wonder what would happen if I pissed into the wind? - (Silverlock) - (23)
                                                     She wasn't arrested or detained or charged. - (Brandioch) - (22)
                                                         re: complaints - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                                             How can I put this? - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                                                 ie Words to Live-By, Cratchit: *Never Question Authority\ufffd* -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 How can a search be conducted if she won't stand still? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                     Agreed that this *may* have been the case. LITMUS TEST #1 - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Some of us took the essay test. - (Another Scott)
                                                                         And again... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                             Once again, "detained". :) - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                 I see you still can't... - (bepatient)
                                                                 *sigh* - (Silverlock) - (12)
                                                                     See above: there are *CONFLICTING* claims. WHO lied most? -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Let's try this shall we? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                                             JMFCUTA - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                 Try to pay attention here - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                     Oops. Wrong window. - (Brandioch)
                                                                     I can post a quote. You cannot. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                         I decline to waste any more time on you -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                                         I'll play, for a while.... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             And there seem to be conflicting reports. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                 You challenge is still incorrect. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Reading with comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                         Bah -NT - (bepatient)
                                                 Its obvious you don't understand the rules... - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                     Read with comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                         You are not arrested... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                             Try it sometime. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                 yawn - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                     Your fear tells all. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                         couple of comments from the peanut gallery.... - (addison) - (5)
                                                                             So, prove it. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                 Re: So, prove it. - (addison) - (3)
                                                                                     Your fear tells all. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                         Re: Your fear tells all. - (addison) - (1)
                                                                                             That is called "fear". - (Brandioch)
                                                                         What fear? - (bepatient)
                                 And.... - (addison)
                                 "Don't touch me" - (Arkadiy)
                                 Heh... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     And they didn't. Because? - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                         Well now... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             I'm not following that. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 Um... - (bepatient)
                             Guess we'll have to see what pattern emerges, and revisit. - (Ashton)
                     Which is why I didn't (and don't) - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                         Then you shouldn't have.. - (bepatient) - (8)
                             Haven't read the Constitution lately... - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                                 Highways... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                     Fine: - (Ashton)
                                     Umm...better re-read that again.. - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                         We'll just have to disagree here... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Perhaps so... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                 Re: Perhaps so... - (bepatient)
                                 A public "taking" is to be compensated -NT - (boxley)
             My experience. - (a6l6e6x)
         Interview with the "lady" in question - (Silverlock) - (18)
             Oh, you were definitely right - (drewk) - (17)
                 And all the while... - (bepatient)
                 Am I reading the same link - (Ashton) - (15)
                     Are you even reading what I posted? - (drewk) - (14)
                         Yes I read - (Ashton) - (13)
                             Bulls**t - (Silverlock) - (12)
                                 Nah big D... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     Nahh BeeP: you ain't Really That kind of asshole; - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         Right...I'm a completely different type of asshole! :-) - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Apologies BeeP :[ - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Smiley was there...Ashton-san -NT - (bepatient)
                                 Nothing of the sort, unless - (Ashton) - (6)
                                     Re: Credentials - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                         Misspoke here.. - (Ashton)
                                     Come on, Ashton. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Tilt! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             OK, I'll try again. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Whew.. - (Ashton)
         Green Party Certified by Fed Electon Committee - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Green Party USA != Green Party of Nader. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 AP story and other links. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     "It's not easy being Green", says Kermit. -NT - (Ashton)

When The Wall fell, I had a basement full of homebrew and a freezer full of venison here in The Land of the Free. All quite legal, unless I committed capitalism, in which case it becomes felonious.
134 ms