IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Your fear tells all.
"Because refusing to submit to security, in an airport, is incredibly stupid."
But you claimed that nothing would happen.

Yep, I did. I'm still pretty sure that's the case.

But you know that something would happen.

Nope. Not worth taking the chance that something might. But you're right. There's always a chance that I might be the Object Lesson of the day.

You know nothing of my "fear"s. Continue with the insults, and they will be returned, with interest compounded.

I have nothing to gain by such an act. Further, it would be rude and arrogant and insulting, and I'd damn sure be bothered as hell by some SOB such as yourself doing it.

So there's lots of downsides, not the least to my integrity. Fear's not a part.

I'm not political, and have *nothing* to gain. I don't want my name in the paper, I don't "win" in any confrontation. Unlike your subject here.

Now, the funny part, is you're so black and white here. But over in that other forum, when presented with B&W evidence contrary to your statement, you aren't.

Like I said initially, there's not a sharp edge on "rights' when it comes to lots of people, and the modern world. We've given them up, and for the most part, gained much more than we lost.

You can't walk down the interstate, legally, or bicycle down it - but its a public road. If its the only road between where you are and where you want to be, you still can't get on it, without a approved vehicle.

An *analogous* situation. You "lost" the right to progress down a public way.

The original statement by you, was due to some problem, yet undetermined the truth of that, in security, she was denied boarding. The reasons for that ability are the protection of other people's rights - something you're ignoring, totally.

Addison
New That is called "fear".
"Not worth taking the chance that something might."

But nothing will happen.

"There's always a chance that I might be the Object Lesson of the day."

That is "fear".

"Continue with the insults, and they will be returned, with interest compounded."

They are not insults. I am showing that your position is in error because you will not do what you say is something that doesn't matter. Because you know what will happen. Even if you have to cloak it in terms of "unlikely possibility".

"Further, it would be rude and arrogant and insulting, and I'd damn sure be bothered as hell by some SOB such as yourself doing it."

How so? You just go to security, attempt to pass and then leave when they try to scan you.

Regarding rights:
"We've given them up, and for the most part, gained much more than we lost."

Something about giving up freedom for security and deserving neither.

"The reasons for that ability are the protection of other people's rights - something you're ignoring, totally."

I'm not ignoring them.

I just haven't seen anyone give a reason how those rights (or even what rights they were) were affected.

Like I said, neither story had anything about other passengers being "jumpy".
     Green Party USA Coordinator Detained at Airport - (altmann) - (119)
         What was Ari's line again? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Growlf...wrong line - (Simon_Jester)
         Ummmmmm, where to begin. - (Brandioch) - (3)
             I wish to do more. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Addendum - (Ashton)
                 Dear Big Brother, - (Brandioch)
         Massive, Secretive Detention Effort - (bluke) - (5)
             Emphasis: "Middle Eastern Men" - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 "Middle Eastern Men" right now... - (bluke) - (3)
                     It would be rather inconvenient . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Re: McVeigh turned Militias unfashionable - (dmarker2) - (1)
                             Not hard to explain the reversal.. - (Ashton)
         Another (local) view. - (Another Scott) - (83)
             well, goody - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                 Its one of those grey areas. - (addison) - (3)
                     Heights. Bad. Urk. - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                         What Heights? - (addison)
                         Or a conversation between . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Your rights are lost, one by one. - (Brandioch) - (76)
                 What "rights"? - (bepatient) - (75)
                     Police state. - (Brandioch) - (64)
                         Or when you throw them away.... - (addison) - (8)
                             Your reality check just bounced. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 P, K, B. - (addison) - (6)
                                     She did not have a gun. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         What did she do? - (addison) - (4)
                                             The other points? - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                 I see part of the problem. - (addison) - (2)
                                                     Whatever. - (Brandioch)
                                                     Now if she'd been merely a screaming *son*-of a bitch.. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Read...then post... - (bepatient) - (54)
                             Gotta back Beep on this one. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 See my other reply. -NT - (Brandioch)
                             Read....Then post. - (Brandioch) - (50)
                                 I comprehend just fine. - (Silverlock) - (42)
                                     Again, comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (41)
                                         Right back atcha - (Silverlock) - (40)
                                             Oh >there< it is... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Damn! Where did I leave my sunglasses? - (Silverlock)
                                             That's right. - (Brandioch) - (37)
                                                 I wonder what would happen if I pissed into the wind? - (Silverlock) - (23)
                                                     She wasn't arrested or detained or charged. - (Brandioch) - (22)
                                                         re: complaints - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                                             How can I put this? - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                                                 ie Words to Live-By, Cratchit: *Never Question Authority\ufffd* -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 How can a search be conducted if she won't stand still? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                     Agreed that this *may* have been the case. LITMUS TEST #1 - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Some of us took the essay test. - (Another Scott)
                                                                         And again... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                             Once again, "detained". :) - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                 I see you still can't... - (bepatient)
                                                                 *sigh* - (Silverlock) - (12)
                                                                     See above: there are *CONFLICTING* claims. WHO lied most? -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Let's try this shall we? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                                             JMFCUTA - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                 Try to pay attention here - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                     Oops. Wrong window. - (Brandioch)
                                                                     I can post a quote. You cannot. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                         I decline to waste any more time on you -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                                         I'll play, for a while.... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             And there seem to be conflicting reports. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                 You challenge is still incorrect. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Reading with comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                         Bah -NT - (bepatient)
                                                 Its obvious you don't understand the rules... - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                     Read with comprehension. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                         You are not arrested... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                             Try it sometime. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                 yawn - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                     Your fear tells all. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                         couple of comments from the peanut gallery.... - (addison) - (5)
                                                                             So, prove it. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                 Re: So, prove it. - (addison) - (3)
                                                                                     Your fear tells all. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                         Re: Your fear tells all. - (addison) - (1)
                                                                                             That is called "fear". - (Brandioch)
                                                                         What fear? - (bepatient)
                                 And.... - (addison)
                                 "Don't touch me" - (Arkadiy)
                                 Heh... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     And they didn't. Because? - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                         Well now... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             I'm not following that. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 Um... - (bepatient)
                             Guess we'll have to see what pattern emerges, and revisit. - (Ashton)
                     Which is why I didn't (and don't) - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                         Then you shouldn't have.. - (bepatient) - (8)
                             Haven't read the Constitution lately... - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                                 Highways... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                     Fine: - (Ashton)
                                     Umm...better re-read that again.. - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                         We'll just have to disagree here... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Perhaps so... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                 Re: Perhaps so... - (bepatient)
                                 A public "taking" is to be compensated -NT - (boxley)
             My experience. - (a6l6e6x)
         Interview with the "lady" in question - (Silverlock) - (18)
             Oh, you were definitely right - (drewk) - (17)
                 And all the while... - (bepatient)
                 Am I reading the same link - (Ashton) - (15)
                     Are you even reading what I posted? - (drewk) - (14)
                         Yes I read - (Ashton) - (13)
                             Bulls**t - (Silverlock) - (12)
                                 Nah big D... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     Nahh BeeP: you ain't Really That kind of asshole; - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         Right...I'm a completely different type of asshole! :-) - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Apologies BeeP :[ - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Smiley was there...Ashton-san -NT - (bepatient)
                                 Nothing of the sort, unless - (Ashton) - (6)
                                     Re: Credentials - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                         Misspoke here.. - (Ashton)
                                     Come on, Ashton. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Tilt! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             OK, I'll try again. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Whew.. - (Ashton)
         Green Party Certified by Fed Electon Committee - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Green Party USA != Green Party of Nader. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 AP story and other links. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     "It's not easy being Green", says Kermit. -NT - (Ashton)

Ever since then, I can easily spot a sociopathic liar.
212 ms