IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes.
But I didn't, and more importantly my daughter didn't, get the "only acceptable option" notion out of our chat.

To be sure (I think) Ben and I agree that teen promiscuity does indeed cause harm. That was a fundamental message ("parts of the castle are broken") and that got through - and was later translated to a friend in her own words, but using the story she'd heard.

I don't think it can be disputed that little girls having sex at 12 or 13 is not a good idea.
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New No argument there
My daughter is 12.
And passes for 16 without trying.
18 if she wants to.

New You've said nothing indicating that
But I didn't, and more importantly my daughter didn't, get the "only acceptable option" notion out of our chat.

There is nothing in what you said, or how you related what she said, that indicates this.

Furthermore this thread was initiated in a post where you explained why you believed that your daughter shouldn't have sex until marriage, and where you offered how you explained this to her. And indeed, your offered explanation clearly stated that women should never have sex until marrying Mr. Right, and made it clear that women who didn't succeed in this are permanently worse than women who succeeded. Both of which are messages that I believe to be harmful.

If I've drawn incorrect conclusions from this, then please accept that I was really addressing other parents that I've known, and my comments are inapplicable to you.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Well, that certainly wasn't my intent.
And typing this up I probably didn't get it quite right, but I can assure you that the message was much better received by my daughter than your interpretation of what I wrote.

The story left her the message that "if I have sex, there are consequences, some of which I won't like". If I had to bet, I'd bet that was all she got out of it at 11. And this notion has only been fortified by her observing some of her classmates.
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
     Not the typical teacher / kid couple - (broomberg) - (75)
         Ugh, toxic -NT - (deSitter)
         little shyte was braggin to whoever would listen - (boxley) - (1)
             Yup. Further reading shows I was right -NT - (broomberg)
         Best quote - (drewk)
         Darn it! - (lister) - (61)
             Re: Darn it! - (deSitter) - (60)
                 Are you insane? - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Ditto. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 How can you say something so stupid? - (drewk)
                 Ditto Ditto - (lister) - (56)
                     Invert the sexes -NT - (deSitter) - (55)
                         Don't have to - (broomberg) - (3)
                             Re: Don't have to - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 Reread my change - (broomberg)
                             Yes -NT - (deSitter)
                         Yep, double standard - (lister) - (46)
                             Slight correction. - (inthane-chan) - (42)
                                 I'm in that group. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                                     You knoiw? I think you're actually good for me... - (hnick) - (39)
                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (pwhysall)
                                         By request: - (admin)
                                         This I deem an unfair reading of the simile - (Ashton) - (35)
                                             As always ... You Get It. And hnick et. al. don't. - (mmoffitt)
                                             And I disagree - (ben_tilly) - (26)
                                                 Re: And I disagree - (Ashton) - (14)
                                                     You should not drop marriage from the statement - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                                                         Are we going to argue the meaning of "likely"? - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                             Read my response to you below - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                                 Haven't read below, but I think I see the nub. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                                                     There is the reality, there is *also* the myth - (drewk) - (9)
                                                                         And the "myth" I actually experienced. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                             Sincere question - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                 Must? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                     Heh, must've seen too much Lifetime with my wife -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                         She makes you watch that too? Thought it was only me ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                             There's more to your experience than that - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                 Of course not. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         Exactly -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                                         Re: There is the reality, there is *also* the myth - (Nightowl)
                                                 And so, what? - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                                     Nice ad hominems - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                         FWIW I agree with your statement of The Problem - (Ashton)
                                                         I guess I'm just thick. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                             I finally figured out the disconnect - (drewk) - (5)
                                                                 Yes. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                     No argument there - (broomberg)
                                                                     You've said nothing indicating that - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                         Well, that certainly wasn't my intent. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 Exactly, that's the tightrope that I have in mind - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Loving lovely Love - (Ashton)
                                             Still disagree - (hnick) - (6)
                                                 I am so glad my daughter has greater perspective than you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Your POV understood - (Ashton)
                                                 The phrase "wife-whore dichotomy"... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                     I "grew upwards" - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         Point - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Care to enlighten me? - (mmoffitt)
                                         Thanks for the sympathy. - (mmoffitt)
                                     Throwing kindling onto the fire then running away fast - (lincoln)
                             No - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 Sure - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Re: Sure - - (deSitter)
                         Equate the sexes - (ChrisR) - (3)
                             You're damn right he would be - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 Horniness - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Ah, "Tea and Sympathy". -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         So, size doesn't matter after all I guess. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Simple Puritanism; our Muslim roots + hypocrisy. Victim!? -NT - (Ashton)
         Ahh, a successful thread - (broomberg) - (6)
             Gracias -NT - (ben_tilly)
             Who told you? - (drewk) - (3)
                 Older brothers - (broomberg) - (2)
                     TLA on South Street? - (drewk) - (1)
                         Yup - (broomberg)
             Re: Ahh, a successful thread - (deSitter)

I'm in the 8th dimension. We're over New Jersey.
108 ms