"Today [we have arrived at the point where - nukes, etc.] the few can destroy the many".

Spock might have some way of putting that.. but it appears to me that this is a true-enough summary of the actual dilemma faced by the rich (few) VS the many living in squalor.. all with their own Rushs to foment the most violent course possible, as each claims Righteousness + An Eye for an Aye.

As to your taking personally and literally, the more hyperbolic of Massive Over-Generalizations [presumably made to illustrate a smaller point?] -- I submit that, calling oneself a "Christian" today is exactly equivalent in information content to,

I am a member of the American People.

It is meaningless, insofar as bin-L and friends make equivalent statements to being Muslim. There seems to be a Special-Christianity-of-One | Islam-of-One for each individual, and with some characteristics shared by the countless warring sects. (This last provides the clan force for becoming insistent - amongst the other clans, I suppose.)

Be upset if that's your style, but do try to notice that "claiming to be a Christian", gives no indication of one's actual behaviour (especially under stress, or when it's difficult to See Good, Be Good, Do Good etc.) Information content: ~0.

IIRC the main assertion of the offending thread (if it was that thread) was the postulate that, overall -- organized religion not only does not aid in suppressing the periodic wars started by the old-rich, to be fought by the callow-poor. Almost always the reasons are the purely crass, self-aggrandizing aims of the rich/holy who launch such spasms via increasingly sophisticated propaganda/Lies: corporate 'religiosity' foments these wars, and has always done so.

Rebuttals are always in order. Or you can fume in silence. No matter. None of our fulminations will instill an ounce of humility or a soup\ufffdon of Wisdom into those troglodytes orchestrating today's (or tomorrow's) dance towards --->
that nuclear suicide, which we commenced on July 16, 1945.

Ashton
whose concept of 'spirituality' has bloody Little to do with organized religiosity corporations; old or new. Label me an 'atheist' and I'll label you a misanthrope; not that the exercise would signify anything at all - except to make Confucius' point about the consequences of the destruction of Language itself.