I hate GWB and see no point in discussing politics. The war-on-terror is going fer shit - I don't need a weatherman to tell me which way the wind blows. The economy is stuck in neutral. And religion is an all consuming subject that I just don't have time to delve into justifying the beliefs of myself, nor those of others. And without these subjects, there's not much point to visiting the Flame forum.

But as a fellow Christian, I would note that persecution and ridicule are not something that Christians have historically shied away from. How one reacts in these situations can have far reaching effects. St. Paul was stoned and imprisoned for his beliefs, and many an early Christian met with even worse fates. My own belief is that there are many things that are worth dying for. But killing is a totally different matter. There is a strain of pacifism that I'd like to see more of, both from the religious and non-religious.

But then, this is the most I've discussed religion in these parts, so it'll probably be the last for a while as well.