...I didn't tell you which conclusion to draw. :)

I've noticed that yes, there is a certain anti-"religious" bent - I don't believe it is targeted against Christianity specifically. I've also noticed that certain people (Al Qaeda, Ashcroft) who are not representative of a large portion of those religions are taking extreme hardline attitudes which are troublesome to those of us who have to deal with them outside of the framework of their beliefs.

If it's the thread I think it is, Mike apologized later for his outburst. If not, then I've got the wrong thread, and I don't know what I'm talking about.

And yes, there are indeed extremists in all organizations, whether they be political, religious, or otherwise. This tends to be more true in groups that feel they are under a great deal of pressure, whether or not the pressure really exists. I'd say these days a whole lot of groups are under a great deal of pressure, and the pressure will only increase by the "closeness" that world communications gives us.

As for me, I'll continue believing that everybody has the right to believe what they will, as long as they don't attempt to enforce their belief structure on others.