IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Big deal.
Michigan, that model of Euclidean geometry, has a "Mt."?

(The highest point in Kansas is right on the Colorado border, and the locals have a lot of fun with it.)

-drl
New It's a city... :-P
Not much as far as mountains down here... the U.P. and northern parts of the L.P. get pretty hilly, though.

The highest point in Michigan is 1,979 ft. above sea level (Mt. Arvon). The lowest point is around 500 ft. above sea level, so there's only 1,500 ft. of variance.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New With a capital T that rhymes with P...
...and that stands for Pool.

(dunno where that came from)

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New Re: where that came from?
[link|http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000F14B/102-6284588-1153766?v=glance|"The Music Man"] and the song "There's trouble in River City.".
Alex

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." -- Eric Hoffer
New Well...that part I knew...
...I just have no idea why it sprang in my head after reading that particular exchange.

I suppose "left field" is a strong possibility ;-)

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New Mt. Sunflower KS
[image|http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/3162/HiPlains/Sunflower/KSsunflower.jpg||||]

In Colorado, it's a hobby to climb all the 14teeners, one of which is Mt. Evans. People wear T-shirts with their conquests marked off. For the non-mountaineering, I thought it would be fun to make a t-shirt that stated "I Climbed Mt. Evans". Mt. Evans is a 14teener right outside Denver. There is a road (Colo. 5) that goes almost to the top - there is a parking lot about 200 feet below the summit. So, the T-shirt would have a picture of the parking lot with the grueling 200ft climb to the summit marked as a dashed line, from some random car door all the way up the manicured path to the top.

(BTW the view from the top, of Pike's Peak 50 mi south and Long's Peak about the same north, is awesome beyond words. If you're ever going through Denver, take a couple hours for the detour.)
-drl
New Aye, but to go up Pikes I always take the cog railway
Your "I climbed Mt Evans" T-short reminds me of one we were going to make for gags at the World Freefall Convention. The hot shirt is "I jumped the Jet" (727) but we were going to make some that said "I jumped the Cessna" (always the last resort up).

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
     How close do you like YOUR nature? - (lincoln) - (29)
         We're used to in around here. - (Andrew Grygus)
         This is nothing new - (Yendor)
         Big deal. - (admin) - (10)
             Re: Big deal. - (deSitter) - (6)
                 It's a city... :-P - (admin) - (5)
                     With a capital T that rhymes with P... - (bepatient) - (2)
                         Re: where that came from? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Well...that part I knew... - (bepatient)
                     Mt. Sunflower KS - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Aye, but to go up Pikes I always take the cog railway - (tuberculosis)
             It is a "Big Deal" - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Was she trying to commit "lupicide"? - (deSitter)
             Re: Big deal. - yeah pretty much - (bepatient)
         Funny story - (drewk) - (15)
             Possums - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 OT is that a 1911 colt 45 ACP on the left side of the pic? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     WIDs (Weapons of Individual Destruction) . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Ihr Kueche erscheint als U-boot - even the slacker uniform -NT - (deSitter)
                         Had an 'artillery' long barrel model. - (Ashton)
             Re: Funny story - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Old timey pics - (drewk)
             Might as well be here. - (admin) - (7)
                 <sides are splitting> - (deSitter) - (1)
                     That's about the extent of it. - (admin)
                 There was a 'possum carcass in our backyard once. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     They've been doing SOMETHING right.. - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Indeed. Maybe not enough predators or something... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Andrew had the right of it: - (admin) - (1)
                                 Re: Andrew had the right of it: - (deSitter)