IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Gironimo"?
That is what it is going to be like finding him in Afgh. One has to search every bolder by hand just about. I bet he will dress like one of the natives and slip into a refugee camp.

I heard a report on the radio a few days ago from someone who was convinced that bin Laden hadn't been in Afghanistan for a while due to the relatively opulent conditions he was usually shown in - it's tough to live surrounded by books, perfumed, in immaculate clothing, etc., if you're hiding in a cave...

A couple of highly unpleasant scenerios:

1. Bin Laden isn't in Afghanistan, but we send in troops looking for him. The western troops suffer severe casualties with little to show for it.

2. Bin Laden is holed up in a city in Afghanistan. We send in troops looking for him after highly selective bombing. No western press accompanies the operation. There are actually few Afghan civilian casualties, but the Taliban and their alles tell the world of thousands of civilians killed due to indiscriminant attacks by the west.

I hope neither come to pass.

If there is an attack on the Taliban and bin Laden, I hope we get it right.

Cheers,
Scott.
     The reason for the terrorist attacks (in a nutshell) - (brettj) - (37)
         Perhaps he simply likes explosions and death - (tablizer) - (3)
             Too Much American Movie? - (gdaustin) - (2)
                 "Gironimo"? - (tablizer) - (1)
                     Some say he left at least 4 days ago... - (Another Scott)
         New O'Reilly book? Lemming on the cover?..............Sorry -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
             How does the destruction of Buddhist shrines by the Taliban - (brettj) - (7)
                 It's complicated. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     I thought that was simple... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                         Let's take this a bit farther. - (brettj) - (2)
                             Not sure what you mean... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 The Afghan tribes didn't destroy the idols until the Taliban - (brettj)
                         Real tolerant of other religions? - (orion) - (1)
                             Do you mean like.. - (Ashton)
         Reasons for terrorism - (Ric Locke) - (6)
             But, wait! There is Sadam, the Saladin, 1990 model. - (a6l6e6x)
             Re: Reasons for terrorism - (gtall)
             Thanks. This answer's part of my question below. - (brettj)
             Re: Reasons for terrorism - a pretty good QAD summary - (dmarker2)
             Re: Reasons for terrorism - a pretty good QAD summary - (dmarker2)
             Re: Reasons for terrorism - (bluke)
         The pieces to the puzzle are falling into place. - (brettj) - (16)
             How do the Jewish people fit into the picture? - (brettj) - (15)
                 Osama bin Laden quotes. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
                     Thanks. Here is a LA Times link. - (brettj) - (3)
                         Re: And therein lies the biggest dilemma - (dmarker2) - (2)
                             This is starting to look like a Hitler repeat? - (brettj) - (1)
                                 Uh, that's not how it was, is it? - (CRConrad)
                     Re: Osama bin Laden quotes - the US shame ??? - (dmarker2) - (9)
                         Problem not confined to Islam: organized religion. - (Ashton) - (7)
                             Ashton, don't be afraid to include the Zionists... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 But not someone's else wives and children - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                     Re: But not someone's else wives and children - (a6l6e6x)
                             So, your position is that... - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                 Only if it becomes profitable in the US environment - (mhuber) - (2)
                                     Speech != action... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                         The comparison is about 'mindset' only, not probability - (Ashton)
                         Other Osama ignoring - (wharris2)

Research conducted at the University of Oxford has proven conclusively that a cat on a table will inevitably push anything on it off the edge and onto the floor.

“The only obvious conclusion that we have been able to come to is that the Earth must be ball shaped, or cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.”
65 ms