IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: monomorphism
This is actually interesting!

By "table", you really mean "array" - and so what you want is efficient indexing. So look at APL.
-drl
New APL is not the only way to get efficient indexing
Machine efficiency is not the whole issue. Maybe check out:
[link|http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?CodeAvoidance|http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?CodeAvoidance]

If you're so radical anyway, why don't you make something that fits naturally on a stack machine?
-drl
New why?
If you're so radical anyway

I am not "radical". I get emails from people who have similar ideas all the time, and many shops I have worked at are heavy users of RDMBS. (True, they perhaps are more likely to hire/rent table-heads than average.)

that OOP is a method - a particular cooridinate system....why don't you make something that fits naturally on a stack machine?

Anything could probably be *implemented* as a stack and/or a coordinate system and/or gerbals on gears. Stanford students built a computer out of only tinkertoys. However, I am more concerned about an app developer's interface (as languages and/or tools), not compiler writing/implementing.
-drl
New radix is the "bucket sort"
because you are doing "root level" work (look up the word "radix").

I am not implementing a sort algorithm. How the database does its lookups is hidden from the DB user.

So I ask again - do you admit that OOP is a technique, and not a theory?

The distinction is blurry.

Many OO-heads would rather make 200 classes -NT - (tablizer) - (33)
                 Any OO-heads want to corroborate this? - (static) - (32)
                     We've already had this conversation with him. - (admin) - (1)
                         Yes, that's what I thought someone would say. :-) -NT - (static)
                     Re: Any OO-heads want to corroborate this? - (JimWeirich) - (29)
                         Bryce wants to make the methodDictionary a table. - (tuberculosis) - (14)
                             relational model of OOP - (tablizer) - (13)
                                 Been there, done that, have the MI t-shirt. - (admin) - (12)
                                     monomorphism - (tablizer) - (11)
                                         Re: monomorphism - (admin) - (4)
                                             If you remove inheritance - (tablizer) - (3)
                                                 I didn't say remove it. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                                     Perhaps "ignore" is more appropriate -NT - (tablizer) - (1)
                                                         I didn't say that either. -NT - (admin)
                                         Re: monomorphism - (deSitter) - (5)
                                             APL is not the only way to get efficient indexing - (tablizer) - (4)
                                                 Do you finally admit - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                     why? - (tablizer) - (2)
                                                         Yes you are - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                             radix is the "bucket sort" - (tablizer)
                         Delta Dawn - (tablizer) - (12)
                             You can't override a third of an eval string either. -NT - (tuberculosis) - (11)
                                 Sure you can! - (admin) - (9)
                                     Offensive - (deSitter) - (6)
                                         Not to me. - (admin) - (3)
                                             Re: Not to me. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                 Again: - (admin)
                                                 Don't know about cool - (tuberculosis)
                                         Logical reason for "the" prefix - (tablizer) - (1)
                                             lack of response means you agree now? -NT - (tablizer)
                                     You're creeping me out MAN! -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                     /me blows tea through my nose! - (jb4)
                                 If you don't split things into "subtypes" you don't need to -NT - (tablizer)
                         I think it might get more complicated than that. - (static)
         Re: Another Table-head is allowed to write - (johnu) - (1)
             A: slower response time? - (jb4)

This isn't beer, this is lemonade.
143 ms