IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New mundane topic documentation
was asked to create a document on how to add ftp users to a box. Man useradd was not an acceptable answer. So off a creating I go. To prevent the criminaly stupid from making errors changed all the /etc/default pertaining, using wu-ftpd so hadda use the chroot function, wrote it up on monday asked for any changes by fri then would declare it good to go. Wasnt at work friday, was informed by email friday that the document could not be reviewed as to content because the margins wernt done correctly so failed in my task and goes into my permanent record.

Now what does incorrect margins (due to fscking notes and word incompatibilities) have to do with reviewing content?

Another document generated by all fellow team members, was finished today except for formatting.
I suggested that timing of these tests could start while the document was being formatted. Content agreed upon, format not done. Was told that is a half assed way to do my job and that until the format was correct The content could not be used.
Again, am I suffering from early dementia? Inquiring minds want to know. Also a job where I can do work for people that need their problems addressed and pay for same would be greatly appreciated. (will be looking within as well)
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Re: mundane topic documentation
Wow, what a prime example of structural brittleness in the organization you work for. Get a different job ASAP before this one destroys your brain and you begin to think like the idiots who are manning the regulations.

This sounds like you are working for a large organization where the things that get rewarded are standards and regulations as oppose to actual useful stuff. To every organization there is a level of standardization that is appropriate, but these guys have come to the conclusion that the standard is more important than whatever the organization was set up to do.

I feel for ya, man.
Gerard Allwein
New If possible...
...I recommend [link|http://www.lyx.org/|LyX] for documentation on Linux.

You don't need to worry about things like margins; it obviates that need entirely. No such thing as "center" -- you just choose the style of formatting to apply to the text (from a limited, but very useful list), and away it goes. The LyX language is derived from TeX/LaTeX, so it's easily converted to, say, PS for final printing output...

It's not the easiest thing to install, but once you get it up and running, it's pretty damn slick. At work, I've got a document that details how to install it (at least for RH 7.0). Lemme know if you want it...
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New must be Word2k then reformatted for notes 5.6(incompatable)
The group isnt that bad, just right now we dont have an active customer. I pray we get busy so I can get out from underfoot.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New wondering burokrusee when action slows
>> Now what does incorrect margins (due to fscking notes and word incompatibilities) have to do with reviewing content? ........The group isnt that bad, just right now we dont have an active customer. I pray we get busy so I can get out from underfoot. <<

New nitty snags are often invented when things start to slow down. It is like Snot-Free-Nose inspection if the troops have been waiting too long without action. Booger citations become a big deal.

Look at the brite side: at least you have a job.
thanx,
bill
Randy Wayne White
New Stepping stone idea.
(As in, something that may not work, be practical or even possible, but hopefully a way to come up with something that does.) Officially document that whoever said "format is wrong, you can't use it" is now Holding The Project Up.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New done counts against our bonus:)
Randy Wayne White
New The job ain't complete...
Again, am I suffering from early dementia?

No, you're suffering from PHB meningitis, a sometimes fatal inflamation of the brain caused by the total lack of one in a nearby PHB.

There are several cures, most of which will land the sufferer (that would be you) in jail for several years (but would be imminently satisfying, and would also result in immediate relief).
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New funny thing is this is not the boss but the co-workers:)
I think they are getting layoffitis, the need to justify theirs by documenting that I am not doing mine by team standards which they make up as they go along. A document is not a document. A procedure is not a procedure ad nausium. The funny part is I have looked at that issue from the the companies best interest, dispassionately, and from a strictly finacial,(people making less can do what I do) and senority basis, some people making the same and doing the same sorta job have been there 12 and 17 yrs respectivly, it would be my behind out the door. Getting old though
thanx,
bill
Randy Wayne White
     mundane topic documentation - (boxley) - (9)
         Re: mundane topic documentation - (gtall)
         If possible... - (Yendor) - (3)
             must be Word2k then reformatted for notes 5.6(incompatable) - (boxley) - (2)
                 wondering burokrusee when action slows - (tablizer) - (1)
                     no having a job IS the problem - (boxley)
         Stepping stone idea. - (static) - (1)
             done counts against our bonus:) -NT - (boxley)
         The job ain't complete... - (jb4) - (1)
             funny thing is this is not the boss but the co-workers:) - (boxley)

My other car isn't worth talking about.
47 ms