IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Introducing myself :)
Hello,

I am Nightowl, and I have been on here awhile, but mostly reading. However, I have a problem now, a computer problem, and I would like to post it in your computer problem forum (when I figure out which one it is!) LOL!

I've mostly been reading without being logged in, I've been sticking mainly to the Water Cooler, the Open Forum and the Flame Quarantine. :)

Anyway... I wanted to introduce myself before making random post in the computer area. Oh, and I'm 41 and happily married to a computer programmer, (but he can't seem to sort out this computer problem either, so I'm turning to you guys).

Thanks!

Nightowl >8#
"Honesty is the best policy, and the one I use." :)
New Hoy, Nightowl.
And welcome.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Very welcome and ask away
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Re: Very welcome and ask away
I did, I posted it in the Hardware section. :)

Thanks for the welcome, Boxley.

Nightowl >8#
New Welcome. ;)
Although, I must say based on the forums you've read, you definitely will have quite a skewed view of those of us here...
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New Re: Welcome. ;)
Nah, I don't make opinions of people based on what I read about them. I make them based on the people themselves and how they interact with me. I don't want to make a big deal of this, but I do know Orion, I don't want to hide that fact, because I am from St. Louis, and I also know Greg, the guy who is in the diabetic coma.

I'm very honest, so I wanted to be up front about being friends with Orion and Greg, but it has no bearing on my posting here. I've known him a long time, and Greg as well, and I've talked to Scott about it so there are no secrets here. I'm not here about Orion/Norman, I'm here about my computer problem.

In fact, I hesitated to post here at all for fear of being drug into the Orion issue, because I do not wish to be.

Nightowl >8#
New *smile*
He seems to be coping with us here quite well lately, IMO.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Re: *smile*
That's really good to hear, Imric. :)

Like I said, I just decided to post here today cause I need some technical expertise, we don't know what else to do regarding the problem. :)

I have lots of trouble navigating large boards like this, so for now I'm sticking to this forum and the Hardware one. ;) LOL!

Nightowl >8#
New Greetings and Salivations!
Welcome to our NSHumble Abode!

And don't worry about the size of the board. We're actually just a bunch of little boards witht he same group of clowns (more or less) habituating them.

And we really don't bite...honest! (Well, OK...we do nibble a bit...).

Join in and have fun!
jb4
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook
New Hello there!
Jump right in and poke somebody.
How many lives per gallon?
--Sign outside of various churches
New she's married fer cryin out loud :)
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

New ROFL
How many lives per gallon?
--Sign outside of various churches
New Re: ROFL
Boxley wrote:>>She's married, for crying out loud!<<

Very happily, I might add. :)

Silverlock wrote:>>ROFL!<<

Hehehe, you guys are funny. John gave me permission to post here, don't worry. And yes, I know exactly what "you" meant by POKE. ;)

Nightowl >8#
New Permission?
You needed permission?
You ain't one of them there liberated wimmin?

Better run now.

A few weeks of active discussion here will make you realize you don't NEED his permission, your marriage will crumble, you reason for living will evaporate, and then it will be time for suicide.

Or not.
New Re: Permission?
broomberg wrote:>>You needed permission? You ain't one of them there liberated wimmin? Better run now.<<

I sought his opinion and permission to post here because it is far far more complicated than you can begin to realize, so I wanted to be sure he was ok with it.

broomberg wrote:>>A few weeks of active discussion here will make you realize you don't NEED his permission, your marriage will crumble, your reason for living will evaporate, and then it will be time for suicide. Or not.<<

My, you are to the point, aren't you? Well, I disagree. Our marriage works because we seek one another's "permission" or opinion and input on everything. We have a strong marriage, based on honesty and trust and communication. I don't "need" to seek his permission, I choose to. I choose to evaluate things with my husband, because it builds strength in our marriage. And he does the same with me. :)

By the way, we'll have been married 4 years, April 10th, and we've been together now (as a couple) since 1996. :)

Have a nice day, broomberg. :)

Nightowl >8#
New I say, I say, that was a joke, son, a joke! :)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New Ahhh
You must have missed the "or not".

But yes, I tend to be to the point.

Ragged and sawtoothed according to Greg.
New Re: Permission?
I sought his opinion and permission to post here because it is far far more complicated than you can begin to realize, so I wanted to be sure he was ok with it.

OK, I was suspicious before, and that didn't help.

Who are you?
-drl
New her husbands name is John and they are friends of Norm

New I smell a rat - sorry
-drl
New English is *WAY* too good. I think you're misguided. :)
New Re: English is *WAY* too good. I think you're misguided. :)
Why thank you, inthane-chan.

I had to go back to school and RETAKE English in college even, cause I didn't get it taught well enough to me in High School. :)

I graduated with an Associates Degree in Communications, Creative Writing. I'm glad it actually SHOWS! ;)

Nightowl >8#
New Re: I smell a rat - sorry
Nope, not a rat. Just an owl. :)

I admitted I know Norman, because if I didn't, and you found out, you would be even more suspicious. I've known Norman since 1988. However, I'm not here about him, I know about this place because of him, but I'm not here ABOUT him. :)

I have contacted Scott privately, he knows I'm real, and who I am. I even offered him my phone number, if that helps.

Now you know why I was hesitant to post and ask for help with my computer problem, and why I consulted John. :)

I still appreciate all help on the problem, and I will post there shortly.

Nightowl >8#
New Certifying identity and intentions . .
. . is, unfortunately, prudent for anyone posting from St. Louis, since we have seen so many false identities with highly questionable intentions emanating from there in the recent past.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: Certifying identity and intentions . .
. . is, unfortunately, prudent for anyone posting from St. Louis, since we have seen so many false identities with highly questionable intentions emanating from there in the recent past.

Believe me, I know. I have had to do it myself. :) I completely understand your suspicions and concern, and that is again why I wasn't sure I should post. But all my other "technical" expertise people have moved or spread out so that there is no one site to get help on with people I know.... other than ones with people I don't trust... so I turned to people I don't know, other than Scott, whom I only know through a verifying email. :) (And Orion as previously stated).

So if anyone has any suspicions, state them and I'll do my best to ease your fears. I just don't want to be dragged into a heavy debate about Orion.

Been there, done that, not again.

Nightowl >8#
Expand Edited by Nightowl March 7, 2003, 02:13:41 AM EST
New I can verify that Nightowl is not me
if that helps. I do know her and I do believe that it is her posting.

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New No you can't. Not just by saying it, at least. (new thread)
Created as new thread #86776 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=86776|No you can't. Not just by saying it, at least.]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Don't start.
If necessary, I'll vouch for her. I've had contact from her elsewhere.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Well, I knew I could trust you.
-drl
New Re: Don't start.
If necessary, I'll vouch for her. I've had contact from her elsewhere.

Thanks Scott. I knew I was walking into this when I decided to post, but my needs outweighed my fears. ;)

Nightowl >8#

New Hey, look at it this way.
You're above reproach now - so all the Fear is past, right? ;)
New Re: Hey, look at it this way.
You're above reproach now - so all the Fear is past, right? ;)

Hmmm am I really? Well if that's true, then yeah, you're probably right. But I'll stay wary and careful, just in case. :)

Nightowl >8#
New Re: Hello there!
Silverlock wrote:>> Jump right in and poke somebody.<<

Heheeh, I don't poke people, as a rule, except to be silly. I like to be calm and not stir things up. :)

Nice to meet you. :)

Nightowl >8#
New Nightowk, please feel welcome & ask away ...

We are a charming bunch & mostly more than willing to help those who ask.

But I have to confess that at times we (I am guilty) can be vulgar & sexist (esp in Flame Q) but am sure that away from some serious leg pulling we are mostly egalitarian (lets see what that claim triggers <g>).

But whatever, enjoy your posting here

Cheers

Doug Marker
New Re: Nightowl, please feel welcome & ask away ...
We are a charming bunch & mostly more than willing to help those who ask.

Yep, and I knew that some, cause I've read posts in here since December, I think. :) It seemed like the place to come for the help.

But I have to confess that at times we (I am guilty) can be vulgar & sexist (esp in Flame Q) but am sure that away from some serious leg pulling we are mostly egalitarian (lets see what that claim triggers <g>).

Pshaw, won't bug me. I came from AFFINITY, trust me, I know what to expect. ;)
Hmmm egalitarian.....

1 : a belief in human equality especially with respect to social, political, and economic rights and privileges
2 : a social philosophy advocating the removal of inequalities among people

I think I like that! ;)

But whatever, enjoy your posting here

Thanks, I don't know how much I'll post, I am having enough problems figuring out how to maneuver and post in TWO forums. ;) But we'll see.

Nightowl >8#

New Re: definition 2
My philosophy is to remove inequalities by taking from those that have until they are where other people are.

This is called being egalitarian?

Dang. I thought it was plain old selfishness... ;-)

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Doug's right...I don't have any problems with Eagles...
(escept that some of their early work tended to drone..)
jb4
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook
New hi there
Welcome. Feel free to share your computer problems. It's comforting to know that other people have them too... :-)
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Welcome to the zoo, Nightowl!
We're all animals here. :)
Alex

"We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves."\t-- Eric Hoffer, philosopher
New Re: Welcome to the zoo, Nightowl!
We're all animals here. :)

Thanks Alex, then I should feel right at home! After all, I'm surrounded here by over 1060+ stuffed animals that I collect! ;)

Nightowl >8#

New Welcome. Any rats in that colection?
Mice and bats will do too...
--

It made Ketchup!
Sweet Ketchup!
Put it on a hot dog, put it on a burger,
Put it on your sister and she'll holler blody murder!
Sweet Ketchup.

--Tom Paxton.
New Re: Welcome. Any rats in that colection?
Yep, mice bats, no rats I don't think yet.

We have several mice, one is staring at me right now, sitting on my scanner and holding a "piece of cheese".

I also have four little "Babe" mice from McDonalds, and a few other various mice here and there.

And bats, we have about a dozen of. We bring them upstairs a couple weeks before Halloween and they hang out in Sweetie's office at night,(Sweetie is JohnF, by the way, I mostly call him Sweetie), and then sleep in the hall closet upside down on their heads during the day. Then, Halloween night they get up early, stay up all night and party, and then after that they go downstairs to the cedar closet where they hibernate upside down on their heads till next October.

One of my favorite bats is a new one that is a stuffed pillow from Kmart that plays the theme from Alfred Hitchcock when you squeeze it's wing.

The mice mostly hunt for cheese, and avoid being hunted by the large collection of stuffed owls! ;)

See, I told you I was weird! ;)

Nightowl >8#
New Perfect! Not wierd at all :)
--

It made Ketchup!
Sweet Ketchup!
Put it on a hot dog, put it on a burger,
Put it on your sister and she'll holler blody murder!
Sweet Ketchup.

--Tom Paxton.
     Introducing myself :) - (Nightowl) - (42)
         Hoy, Nightowl. - (admin)
         Very welcome and ask away -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Re: Very welcome and ask away - (Nightowl)
         Welcome. ;) - (inthane-chan) - (4)
             Re: Welcome. ;) - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 *smile* - (imric) - (2)
                     Re: *smile* - (Nightowl) - (1)
                         Greetings and Salivations! - (jb4)
         Hello there! - (Silverlock) - (27)
             she's married fer cryin out loud :) -NT - (boxley) - (21)
                 ROFL -NT - (Silverlock) - (20)
                     Re: ROFL - (Nightowl) - (19)
                         Permission? - (broomberg) - (18)
                             Re: Permission? - (Nightowl) - (17)
                                 I say, I say, that was a joke, son, a joke! :) -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                 Ahhh - (broomberg)
                                 Re: Permission? - (deSitter) - (14)
                                     her husbands name is John and they are friends of Norm -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                                         I smell a rat - sorry -NT - (deSitter) - (7)
                                             English is *WAY* too good. I think you're misguided. :) -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                 Re: English is *WAY* too good. I think you're misguided. :) - (Nightowl)
                                             Re: I smell a rat - sorry - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                 Certifying identity and intentions . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                     Re: Certifying identity and intentions . . - (Nightowl)
                                                     I can verify that Nightowl is not me - (orion) - (1)
                                                         No you can't. Not just by saying it, at least. (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                                     Don't start. - (admin) - (4)
                                         Well, I knew I could trust you. -NT - (deSitter)
                                         Re: Don't start. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                             Hey, look at it this way. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                 Re: Hey, look at it this way. - (Nightowl)
             Re: Hello there! - (Nightowl) - (4)
                 Nightowk, please feel welcome & ask away ... - (dmarker) - (3)
                     Re: Nightowl, please feel welcome & ask away ... - (Nightowl) - (1)
                         Re: definition 2 - (ben_tilly)
                     Doug's right...I don't have any problems with Eagles... - (jb4)
         hi there - (cforde)
         Welcome to the zoo, Nightowl! - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Re: Welcome to the zoo, Nightowl! - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 Welcome. Any rats in that colection? - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                     Re: Welcome. Any rats in that colection? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                         Perfect! Not wierd at all :) -NT - (Arkadiy)

I've spent an unreasonable amount of thought on the line Janet sings in Rocky Horror: "His lust is so sincere". Now, on the surface, that's a big "DUH!" because that's the nature of lust. But wait: Brad has earlier sung about how hot he is for her, and it's pretty clear he's just being conventional. Brad's lust is not sincere.

Now, I could swill green mead and gnaw raw meat with sincere lust. As for kimchee and lutefisk, well, those would be just for effect. And if I'm just going for effect, I might as well wear a tie. And pants.

-- mhuber
130 ms