IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How many times do we have to explain
#1: Posted to BePatient - - expecting a response (Box - pls join in *after* BePatient has responded)

Australia has been bought - we there know it & know what the payment is. Howard has no mandate from the people of Australia to invade without UN endorsement there is *no* Australian here who will refutue this.

Australia has been offered an Open TRade Agreement that it urgently needs to maintain economic security & counter the effects of the current devastating drought.

Turkey's people also are completely opposed to going to war with Iraq but Turkey has been offered the right to occupy northern Iraq plus, US will drop est 5 billion in outstanding loans as well as offer guarantees for new 'loans'.

Britain's people are dominantly opposed to an invasion. Even those who support it say they only support Blair if he has UN support. But UK has oil interests in the region & Blair as an incentive to bypass his own people (as will Bush if needed). Iraq & Kuwait were British 'domains' during the M.E. carve up after WW1. (history history history).

Just think very seriously for a moment - how did Hitler get a suspicious and hostile Russia to support invading Poland in 1939 ??? or do you not know your history ??? (understandable if you didn't study it or major in modern history - ((I did)). (A clue research Katyn forest massacre & who blamed who for it until the evidence was finaly unearthed the the guilt reversed).

Cheers

Doug
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 15, 2003, 08:03:05 PM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 15, 2003, 09:29:57 PM EST
New As is usual in international relations
and france has no financial interest in their POV? Hardly, they have been profiting tremendously as well as Germany for the status quo.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
"France," he noted, "has neither winter nor summer, nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks, it is a fine country."
Mark Twain
New Box you have an annoying habit of hijacking

a question presented to someone else. This is often a PITB because you step in and let them off the hook & your answer often is more a distraction than valid response.

Please give the targets the chance to respond then buy in.

Thanks Doug
New Box did well.
Because even without support the Aussies would've gotten that trade agreement.

Turkey was going to get military assistance at least...and money guarantees most likely...simply due to geography...the US is pushing NATO to offer this support...to the point of nearly destroying the organization...or did you miss that little piece of the news.

And, as Box pointed out (by repeating what I have stated in other places) France, Germany, Russia and China financially benefit from the status quo...simply because they've been continuously violating the commercial rules they agreed to. France contracted with Hussein for control of Iraqi oil, Germany has been supplying chemicals to Iraq that along with valid uses can also be used to build WMD...etc...

Its >convenient< for the French to say "our people don't support action"...since they know their inaction will mean billions in revenue.

And I suppose you're bringing up Soviet war attrocities as some point about the US dividing the "spoils" of Iraq as incentive or some such nonsense. I wasn't a history major...but I do know a bit about it.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: Box did well.
>>
And I suppose you're bringing up Soviet war attrocities as some point about the US dividing the "spoils" of Iraq as incentive or some such nonsense. I wasn't a history major...but I do know a bit about it.
<<

And this para sums you up to a tee. Doesn't answer the question but posts a tangential response to do with Soviet atrocities, not the fact that Russia was offered the northern part of Poland for signing on board the German invasion. And you know well that that was the point but you didn't have the fortitude to say so. How does this differ from Turkey's buy off other than in scope ? How ???

Cheers

Doug Marker
Fat lack of fortitude here lads
New Well...so far...
...I have you telling me the plans. And I also know that we have committed to not using Turkey to stage an invasion...so why would we promise them anything beyond what NATO provides and the IMF help that we are already giving.

So we commit to give more financial aid...mostly because we left them pretty high and dry after 1991. I've seen no reputable source promising control of northern Iraq to Turkey...only assurances that a separate Kurdish state would not be supported.

So...no...I'd say there is still a substantial historical difference.

But its nice that you have equated the US and Turkey to Hitler and Stalin....and Iraq to Poland. If you really make that association then you must not have studied too hard.

New That's why I don't bother responding anymore.
All you will get from him are semantic games, lies and tangents.
New Oh really.
Like when I call you on your lies...its too inconvenient for you to respond.

Right.

Like when I ask you to prove your assertions.

Its too inconvenient for you to respond.

It never seem sto stop you from asking for or doing the same.

Funny that. Fear.

If your heart must bleed... - (marlowe) - (34)
         That's funny. - (Brandioch)
         Bleeding Hearts\ufffd - more Human Events / My Gramma's doggerel -NT - (Ashton)
         If my heart must bleed.... - (Simon_Jester) - (31)
             The ones who signed the Declaration of Independence..... - (Brandioch) - (27)
                 Yet we are sure: no Iraqi harbours such feelings. -NT - (Ashton) - (26)
                     Noble sentiments and deep values may be lost - (dmarker) - (25)
                         I will try to take those questions in the number presented - (boxley) - (24)
                             Now let's look at that again. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                 Yes...lets do. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                     No evidence required - (bbronson) - (2)
                                         Of course. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                             :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                     How many times do we have to explain - (dmarker) - (7)
                                         As is usual in international relations - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Box you have an annoying habit of hijacking - (dmarker)
                                         Box did well. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             Re: Box did well. - (dmarker) - (3)
                                                 Well...so far... - (bepatient)
                                                 That's why I don't bother responding anymore. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                     Oh really. - (bepatient)
                                 Weve been in a state of war with Korea for 50yrs whats 12? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                     Box, Shooting from the lip again ... - (dmarker) - (5)
                                         Brandioch often wants it both ways, why cant I :-) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                             Artful dodger tries to deflect yet again :-) -NT - (dmarker)
                                             What "both ways"? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                 See! :-) proof, thanx brandi -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Wow. Quit lying so much Box ;) -NT - (bepatient)
                             Box - will resp later today BUT is this best pro-war can do? - (dmarker) - (3)
                                 anticipation, anticipation -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Response here, oh 6-sided one <grin> - (dmarker) - (1)
                                         Ill redo this in another topic entry (new thread) - (boxley)
             But we're going to be in the neighborhood anyway. - (marlowe) - (2)
                 So where does the rest fall? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     On Saddam himself, of course. - (marlowe)

It would have been much more tolerable if they used wires and an action figure.
69 ms