IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think we've leapfrogged the technology
If we were to assume that that programmer had some formal education in programming (computer science, math, EE, etc.), then you might be closer to the truth ... With better and better tools, though, those mistakes lessen (and possibly go away). That type of development becomes commoditized (meaning that new college graduates can do it for a lot less money).

I agree with the problem, but think the cause is that our expectations have outpaced the technology. Because of the immaturity of the tools, a good programmer still must have some theoretical background beyond their specific toolset. Eventually the tools will be mature enough to allow specialization, by automating the "generic programming" aspect. But until the tools reach that point, a good programmer will still probably have to know more about programming than about a specific problem domain.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Agreed
     Hm... sharpen yer virtual pencils - (tseliot) - (49)
         Gave my opinion a while back - (drewk) - (41)
             Shoot. Missed that whole conversation. - (tseliot) - (11)
                 My goal is to automate as much as possible then pass - (boxley) - (2)
                     Do you feel... - (tseliot) - (1)
                         2 of course - (boxley)
                 Don't know how to answer that - (drewk) - (7)
                     I was interested in the web part. -NT - (tseliot) - (6)
                         Well ... - (drewk) - (5)
                             Re: Well ... - (dshellman) - (4)
                                 I think we've leapfrogged the technology - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Agreed -NT - (dshellman)
                                 And this differs from any other pair of technologies..how? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Riding the waves - (dshellman)
             That would seem to indicate that... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                 What I mean - (drewk) - (4)
                     PHP database code? - (tablizer) - (3)
                         What I mean by "manually" - (drewk) - (2)
                             inter-paradigm translation costs - (tablizer) - (1)
                                 Yes -NT - (drewk)
             Another take - (wharris2) - (22)
                 That's a growing problem at technical schools - (tjsinclair) - (21)
                     Reminds me of first computer related course that I took... - (a6l6e6x)
                     Real Story - (jake123) - (19)
                         Don't I wish - (drewk) - (1)
                             Re: Don't I wish - (jake123)
                         Web Programming and OO? - (Simon_Jester) - (16)
                             Couple of answers - (drewk)
                             Javascript is like Python wrt OO - (admin) - (2)
                                 re: Javascript is like Python wrt OO - (tablizer) - (1)
                                     That wasn't my point. -NT - (admin)
                             Functional programming languages - (ChrisR)
                             Why OO techniques in web programming - (jake123) - (10)
                                 why does that need OO? - (tablizer) - (9)
                                     It doesn't. It just makes it a lot easier. - (jake123) - (8)
                                         Of course I don't believe you - (tablizer) - (7)
                                             Whatever you say, sunshine. -NT - (jake123) - (6)
                                                 I was hoping for a technical comparison, not flame-bait -NT - (tablizer) - (5)
                                                     Re: I was hoping for a technical comparison, not flame-bait - (jake123) - (4)
                                                         Start a new thread if you two get into it :-) - (admin) - (1)
                                                             Should we put it in the Flame Quarentine section? -NT - (tablizer)
                                                         just recursion there - (tablizer) - (1)
                                                             Recursion not the point; it's object references (new thread) - (jake123)
         Low-level programming - (Arkadiy) - (2)
             I don't quite agree. - (static) - (1)
                 I was trying to say the same thing. -NT - (Arkadiy)
         I don't personally believe in end user programming. - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             human factors bust automation goals - (tablizer) - (2)
                 Re: human factors bust automation goals - (wharris2) - (1)
                     re: Peer Kudos - (tablizer)

I made you eggs. Straight from my womb to your plate!
86 ms