IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, care to bet on it?
By your chart and your claims, the economy should be improving.

I say that it won't.

I say that it will get worse.
New With you? A "friendly" wager?
I suppose you would have to act like my friend first.

And phrased as you have...of course you'll win...eventually...since the economy is cyclical and will, at some point, get worse. And I have no illusions as to whether or not you would weasel on a bet like that.

It just happens to be getting better at the moment.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I never used the word "friendly".
Nor any variation thereof.

I suppose you would have to act like my friend first.
Nice to see you still haven't changed. Still imagining things and responding to them.

It's so nice to see that you claim to present evidence contradicting my position, but you refuse to commit yourself to your prediction.

Then you try to blame me for it.

The truth is that you know the economy is getting worse. You're just picking and choosing your facts in an attempt to "prove" I'm wrong.

No, I'm not the one that would weasel. You're the one who's already started misquoting me. And it's only been one post.
New priceless.
but thats what you get for poking fun at someone who has no sense of humor.

Think what you like.

But in your own style...you should be providing me proof of your assertion.

I gave a link to a major economic indicator that refutes you. You stated opinion. I provided a fact.

Unemployment is high.

So you asserted. To which you were shown to be wrong by the facts. (lower that historical average and trending >down<.

The truth is that you know the economy is getting worse. You're just picking and choosing your facts in an attempt to "prove" I'm wrong.

The truth is that I >know< no such thing. Your attempting to push off >your< belief as >my< reality. Tough.

You chose the fact. I proved you wrong. Choose some more. I'll support them or refute them as necessary.

No, I'm not the one that would weasel. You're the one who's already started misquoting me. And it's only been one post.

Ah...here's the difference. You're weaseling about the actual issue...and then blowing smoke about me "weaseling" by making a joke about it being a "friendly wager".

New I asked if you wanted to bet.
But in your own style...you should be providing me proof of your assertion.
I made a prediction. The economy is going to get worse.

You seemed to be saying that it wouldn't.

I am willing to bet on my prediction.

You are not.

The proof will be whether my prediction comes true.

Because you are afraid of betting for your position, it shows that you do not actually believe your position.
New Even more typical.
Pick the tiny part that you can get a toehold...and continue.

Especially since you know you were proved wrong on one of your >facts<.

So now you want to play with predictions...and accuse me of weaseling by making a joke that everyone else understood.

And there are enough indicators around that we could right shift several fora when you decide (which I am certain you will)...that the indicators >I< provide don't really indicate a better economy because pork bellies are still depressed.

I've got better things to do with my time than to teach you economics.

New Put up or shut up.
You can spin it any way you want to.

When it comes right down to it, I'm willing to bet on my prediction and you aren't.
New .o0o.
Goodie for you.

New What are those dots for?
-drl
New Fortran flashbacks?
New DATA REACTION /'HAHA'/
-drl
New Re: priceless.
Stop arguing with this ****ol*, er idiot, er whatever.
New I'll take a piece of this non-action.
You may read tea leaves, scan money velocities or sacrifice a burger-flipper to Adam Smith - and decide which market indicators you believe.

I'll go with the psyche of the Leaders, their plans, the mood of the workers [thus buyers of Stuff] about: tax rebates for the rich + Billions of their retirement funds absconded with, and only a token few eventually being show-'tried' (all while knowing fershure that: the biz-stolen funds won't ever be returned).

Bet proposed: One year 10/25/03 - the economy is further down than it is today - by recognized rococo biz-speak categories thoroughly exhausting the Econ-significance of the word down. USD 20 ?

Got that famous courage of convictions ? Otherwise, neither opinion is worth that (at least measurable) pitcher of warm spit\ufffd

Ashton Buggsy S. LLC
In the final analysis everything depends on everything else
Ashleigh Brilliant
New Pick your indicators. Use English

New Net take-home pay of the lowest 25%
- corrected for inflation (even by That nicely arcane and loaded formula du jour).
New Oooh...nice one ;)

355 Billion for Defense - (deSitter) - (40)
         That wouldn't work. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
             ROFL(AC)MAO - (jb4) - (1)
                 SIDCMEO - (deSitter)
         It's funny. - (Brandioch) - (32)
             Speaking of defending "Freedom" - some Repub sex - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Rich gay's object to government taking just like straights? -NT - (boxley)
             History - (bepatient) - (29)
                 Problem with this... - (inthane-chan) - (28)
                     More than that... - (ben_tilly)
                     We control the debt's value - (bepatient) - (26)
                         Re: We control the debt's value - (deSitter)
                         But what effect would that have? - (Brandioch) - (24)
                             Thats the glory of predicting the economy... - (bepatient) - (23)
                                 Re: Thats the glory of predicting the economy... - (deSitter) - (22)
                                     Its all still durable... - (bepatient) - (21)
                                         Then Where Are The Jobs? - (deSitter) - (20)
                                             Bingo. - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                                 Compared to what? - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                     So, care to bet on it? - (Brandioch) - (15)
                                                         With you? A "friendly" wager? - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                             I never used the word "friendly". - (Brandioch) - (13)
                                                                 priceless. - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                     I asked if you wanted to bet. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                         Even more typical. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                             Put up or shut up. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                 .o0o. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                     What are those dots for? -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                                                         Fortran flashbacks? -NT - (bbronson) - (1)
                                                                                             DATA REACTION /'HAHA'/ -NT - (deSitter)
                                                                     Re: priceless. - (wharris2)
                                                                     I'll take a piece of this non-action. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                         Pick your indicators. Use English -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                             Net take-home pay of the lowest 25% - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Oooh...nice one ;) -NT - (bepatient)
                                             Alot of places like that. - (bepatient)
                                             the "just in time" labor model same as for parts - (boxley)
         Perspective - (deSitter) - (2)
             OR 9 times Microsoft's Cash Pile - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 ~ a full pound of Semtex for every single One in the world. -NT - (Ashton)
         ...not one cent for tribute. -NT - (marlowe)

I suspect that this sword is forged.
101 ms