IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New and Hobbit, Silmarillion, Bored Of The Rings...
...and leafed through some of Christopher Tolkein's compilations of unpublished materials
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New There actually was a book of that title
Bored of the Rings, that is. I don't remember who wrote it but it was a parody that was OK at first but degenerated from there.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New Harvard Lampoon, IIRC
I've got it somewhere (didn't buy it, honest...); the acid paper's probably corroded to illegibility by now. I managed to get through a couple chapters, and vaguely remember names like Arrowroot of Arrowshirt, Goodgulf, Dildo.

Giovanni
New I know..
I'm not Bored of Lord Of the Rings, I've read "Bored Of The Rings" several times.

"'Indeed'
and if looks could main, they'd be carrying the old elf out in a basket"

They asked each other countless riddles, such as who played the Cisco Kid and what was Krypton. In the end Dildo won the game. Stumped at last for a riddle to ask, he cried out, as his hand fell on his snub-nosed .38, "What have I got in my pocket?" This Goddam failed to answer, and growing impatient, he paddled up to Dildo, whining, "Let me see, let me see." Dildo obliged by pulling out the pistol and emptying it in Goddam's direction. The dark spoiled his aim, and he managed only to de- flate the rubber float, leaving Goddam to flounder. Goddam, who couldn't swim, reached his hand out to Dildo and begged him to pull him out, and as he did, Dildo noticed an interesting-looking ring on his finger and pulled it off. He would have finished Goddam off then and there, but pity stayed his hand.

It's a pity I have run out of bullets, he thought, as he went back up the
tunnel, pursued by Goddam's cries of rage.
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
     short list, who HASN'T read lord of the rings - (boxley) - (50)
         Me. -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
             You must! - (imric)
         Me too. I found "The Hobbit" tedious in HS when I tried to - (Another Scott) - (10)
             The Hobbit - (imric)
             Hobbit is very different from LotR. - (admin) - (7)
                 The Hobbit is a set up... - (ChrisR)
                 Yeah.. seems to have become fashionable of late, - (Ashton) - (4)
                     "of late"?!? This was in 1978! :-) Good points though. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         You mean.. they was a pickin at it way back then, too? -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Heck yeah -- the translator who rendered it into Swedish,... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Wow!.. heh, do we need any further proof then, - (Ashton)
                 Who cares if he borrowed? - (ben_tilly)
             Tolkien's writings predict that movie will fail - (ben_tilly)
         I have - to my eternal regret. - (CRConrad) - (25)
             No takers - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 Make a statement - make an exception. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Concur - (pwhysall) - (17)
                 Concur with the criticisms, nevertheless - (Ashton) - (16)
                     Or maybe he was just a senile blabbermouth. -NT - (CRConrad) - (15)
                         Since the *effect* was exactly the same as if he were... -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                             That is, *in effect*, what he *was* being. Wanna bet... -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                 ... he *didn't* ASK for his salary to be *lowered*, by an... -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                     ...amount correponding to the time (*work* time, no doubt -- -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                         -- they always do this shit on work hours) he *wasn't*... -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                             ...teaching ancient languages? Bet he didn't -- they... -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                 ...*never* do. So he was a senile old blabberer and *fraud*. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                     ...all together now: lovely spam, spam, spam.... -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Yeah.. but I'll bet he had more class -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                             ...than to try to defend the quality of his prose -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
                                 ...with quantity over -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     ...umm well, you know________________________:-\ufffd - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         Um, Ash... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             Damn.. another good Plan ruinted by a Fact____:[ -NT - (Ashton)
                                         He's fucking \ufffdEARNED\ufffd that senility fair & square so \ufffd-off ! -NT - (Ashton)
             hobbit great tlor the first OK rest went on an on - (boxley)
             TV attention span? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 Bingo: root cause with er 'prooves'! as our *ami would say.. - (Ashton)
                 Agreed. well put, nothing to add -NT - (Fearless Freep)
                 Counterpoint - Crime and Punishment. - (Another Scott)
         Me! - (warmachine)
         and Hobbit, Silmarillion, Bored Of The Rings... - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
             There actually was a book of that title - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Harvard Lampoon, IIRC - (GBert)
                 I know.. - (Fearless Freep)
         Not this week - (DonRichards)
         Yo. - (addison) - (4)
             Quiero Gilthoniel? ;-) -NT - (admin) - (3)
                 Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                     remember "our" spanish is taught by - (boxley)
                     *sigh* - (admin)

Did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi, and the gloat?
96 ms