IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New White vans
Not to mention that vans (at least those I've been in) will have lots of places to hide weapons. Only an advanced chemical sniffer could get a whiff of a shotgun blast, and I presume there are ways to conceal that, too (red pepper all around? Something like that?)
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New Re: White vans
Here's a bizarre thought - what if this van has some kind of servo-controlled mount for the gun and remote video for the scope? He always picks stationary targets. Could be he is firing from the driver's seat and then off he goes without breaking step.
-drl
New You've been watching too many Bruce Willis films.
Besides, a few bystanders have claimed to have seen someone standing outside the van with a gun, IIRC.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Yeah, but ya gotta admit...
...it *would* be pretty damn cool -- if it weren't used in this gruesome way, of course. Only against drug-dealing gangs, or something, like Bruce (and the Equalizer, et al) would do.

And, hey, then we could add a buncha electronic navigation aids and such, and computerize it all, and...

We could call it "Kit", or something.
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New Have you seen "The Jackal"?
Regards,

-scott anderson

New No - a remake of "Day of the Jackal"?
-drl
New I don't think so.
But I could be wrong.

At any rate, there's a van-mounted auto-target gun with video camera sighting in the movie. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Re: I don't think so.
One of these days I'm gonna have another new idea :/
-drl
New Long, long ago - and long before that, I'd *read* it (twice)
Jack Higgins, right?

So long ago, though, that I can't remember any remote-controlled rifles in either.
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New This is a remake of Fred Zinnemann's 1973 adaptation
... now that I go look it up.

[link|http://www.mrcranky.com/movies/jackal.html|Mr. Cranky Review]

From the [link|http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_5_2/mrg39june98.html|Movie Renter's Guide]:
"The Jackal", Universal Pictures, 1997, Color, Filmed in Panavision and presented at measured aspect ratio (DVD) 2.27:1, Surround Sound DD, 2 Hr 5 min; Rated R; Buce Willis, Richard Gere, Sidney Poitier; In Moscow, the FBI helps the Russian Militia capture a Russian Mafia member. The Russian Mafia decides to take revenge on the United States by hiring a terrorist, the Jackal (Willis), to kill the FBI Director in Washington, D.C. Deputy Director Carter Preston (Poitier) is in charge of capturing the Jackal before this can happen. Preston secures the help of a convicted Irish terrorist, Declan Mulqueen (Gere) who knows what the Jackal looks like. In the meantime, the Jackal prepares for the assassination by obtaining an enormous cannon to be mounted in a van and operated by remote control. The chase takes us to Moscow, Helsinki, London, Montreal, and finally Washington, when we find that the target may not be who was originally thought. The film is reasonably well done, with plenty of action, and Bruce Willis goes through more hair color changes than Dennis Rodman. - JEJ -
Regards,

-scott anderson

Expand Edited by admin Oct. 16, 2002, 12:27:34 PM EDT
New Moscow AND Helsinki? Funny...
...usually Helsinki only gets to stand in FOR Moscow in the movies! :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
New Yippee Kiyea, Mr. Anderson!
-drl
     Is It Terrorism? - (deSitter) - (29)
         Been wondering that myself - (SpiceWare) - (9)
             Re: Been wondering that myself - (deSitter)
             Distance. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                 400m with a M16A2 without a scope. - (Brandioch)
                 Like he said ^^^^ - (drewk) - (5)
                     Re: Like he said ^^^^ - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Argh! - (deSitter)
                         Yes it does - (drewk) - (1)
                             OT: The URL. - (static)
                     Some people are just naturals - (Silverlock)
         We covered this scenario before. - (Brandioch)
         Psycho not terrorist - (JayMehaffey) - (12)
             White vans - (wharris2) - (11)
                 Re: White vans - (deSitter) - (10)
                     You've been watching too many Bruce Willis films. - (admin) - (9)
                         Yeah, but ya gotta admit... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                             Have you seen "The Jackal"? -NT - (admin) - (6)
                                 No - a remake of "Day of the Jackal"? -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     I don't think so. - (admin) - (1)
                                         Re: I don't think so. - (deSitter)
                                 Long, long ago - and long before that, I'd *read* it (twice) - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     This is a remake of Fred Zinnemann's 1973 adaptation - (admin) - (1)
                                         Moscow AND Helsinki? Funny... - (CRConrad)
                         Yippee Kiyea, Mr. Anderson! -NT - (deSitter)
         Disciplined Shooter - (gdaustin) - (4)
             Hmm... Isn't that "profile" somewhat self-contradictory? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Nope... - (gdaustin)
             If it takes France.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 As they say in the Marines... - (gdaustin)

Considering that all you're risking is the $15 co-payment, there's no harm in giving him a shot at it.
161 ms