IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Doug, how much is being paid to ritter and by who :-)
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/Resume.html|skill set]
[link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/index.html|boxley's home page]
qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New When did he stop beating his wife?__:(
New Right after he cashed his 400k iraqi check :)
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/Resume.html|skill set]
New Hyperbole or ya got an affidavit?
Character assassination is EZ in a world of gossip. Where's your evidence?

(I have no opinion on his character; no evidence seen either way.)
New I have no opinions on his character, either.
And I have heard this before.

Therefore, no reason to believe that this individual is not stating the facts in this case.

Well, no reason not to believe that based off of this single incident.

I find it strange that boxley is just about accusing this guy of being a traitor.
New excuse me! almost accusing him of what!
1st I think that if everything Bush says is true we didnt do right in 91 and saddass will be president of Iraq after Bush leaves office in 2 terms unless the dems run someone electable. From a geopolitical viewpoint it is better to let him die with his boots on. My links will be in another post.
thanx,
bill
New Is Iraq an enemy of the US?
Well, if you listen to the current regime, he is.

We are also planning military actions against Iraq.

Then you imply that a former US military officer is being paid by Iraq to make public statements that the US government lies about the Iraq situation.

New Re: Box - I prefer to deal with what is observed
Innuendo and character assasination of someone in a position to know, is plain sour grapes.

My point was that Ritter is now stating what I had concluded over a year ago after listening to Butler and others on many occasions & at first being convinced he was a decent no-nonsense UN man.

It was when other weapons inspectors from at least three other countries more or less said what Ritter is now saying, that led me to believe Butler had something to hide.

Either back up your remark with links & evidence or butt out but lets not make up 'facts' (for want of a better word). You are a better person that that.

Cheers

Doug
New links and proofs
[link|http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/11/18/202656.shtml|wekly standard]
" This week's Weekly Standard cover story \ufffd "Saddam Hussein's American Apologist" \ufffd opines that it is because Ritter is making a documentary about Iraq which is financed by $400,000 from an Iraqi-American man, Shakir al-Khafaji. Ritter acknowledges that the U.S. government does not like his association with this outspoken pro-Baghdad financier."
[link|http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/sanction/iraq1/000731.htm|2nd link]
"The Iraqi leader has agreed to provide Ritter and a documentary film crew access to weapons facilities throughout the country so that Ritter can judge whether Iraq has rebuilt its arsenal since U.N. inspectors left 19 months ago. Ritter said he is also hoping to get an interview with the Iraqi leader.
The trip comes weeks after Ritter published an article in an arms control magazine asserting Iraq has essentially disarmed and challenging speculation by the Clinton administration that Baghdad has the capacity to reconstitute its chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs.
"My personal feeling is that Iraq is qualitatively disarmed and the Security Council should reassess its position," Ritter said in an interview."

to me it seems like ritter made different conclusions after a large cash payout so I always say, follow the money.

Is Butler a schmoo? Yes. Were we using the inspections as an excuse to plant bugs? Damm right that is the nature of intelligence. Was butler used by the US? If not fire the SOB that couldnt figger THAT one out. All I say that the Inspections are/were a fscking joke and if you dont beleive that Saddam is gathering everything he can to throw at the west you are dreaming. Having said that he is interested in Pan Arabism only and if it ever looked like he was the second coming of Saladin there is a Berber Colonel that would stop him cold. He IS dangerous and we should shove a boot up his ass if he even looks sideways at us. The only Dog we really have in this fight is not let Sadam blow into Jordan. Even that doesnt matter as Israel carries 2.5 more divisions than we do and would seriously kick saddams ass.
thanx,
bill

New Re: links and proofs - what proofs
Thanks for the words of sanity & wisdom -

The 1st link speaks for itself - the wisdom it contains is very self evident. I am sure there is no deliberate freudian slip in the naming of the source paper 'Weakly Standard' - that name is clearly apparant in the content starting with the 1st sentence of the article.

Re the second link, it covers part of what Ritter called Butler a liar over & included some of the words & reason that Ritter resigned over but which Ritter says was subsequently blatantly distorted into a completely different meaning. He said on CNN that this was the lie Butler was telling and reinforcing.

Point about Ritter is that apart from any vulgar and tawrdry (& as yet unproven) innuendo & character assasination, that he is being being bribed & is not capable of speaking from a position of authority, I have to say that on a scale of 1 to 100 I'll give him 90 & your sources 10 and I feel that is being generous.

Your approach seems to be ignoring that this Iraq matter, in the way it is being handled, is doing immense damage to US in the wider world but even greater than that is that people will be killed in big numbers. There is no simple way President Bush can overthrow the government of Iraq.
To do so requires from us people of the world *credible & reasonable* evidence - it isn't good enough for you to tell us Saddam is "gunna get us & we are suckers to believe he won't". It is far easier to believe that the worlds greatest statesmen of our day have more depth of perception and understanding of what is actually taking place than some of the material presented here as 'evidence' and apart from Tony Blair almost alone in UK - no other great statesmen including Powell seem to see merit in wthe line you are peddling.

Doug

Expand Edited by dmarker2 Sept. 14, 2002, 01:20:35 AM EDT
Expand Edited by dmarker2 Sept. 14, 2002, 01:29:14 AM EDT
Expand Edited by dmarker2 Sept. 14, 2002, 04:23:42 AM EDT
New Okay Doug
The guy (ritter)gets 400k to play with and does a 100% turnaround in his opinions. So you think since 91 Saddam has been assiduously destroying any weapons of mass destruction and the bad USA doesnt want to beleive him (shrug)

You are also certain that Sadam having destroyed all of his capability has no further aims in the region.

is this a fair statement of your position?
thanx,
bill
New Re: Nup

"The guy (ritter)gets 400k to play with and does a 100% turnaround in his opinions.'

box - you have not proved either of these assertions (what does getting 400k to 'play with' mean ???? - what 100% turnaround has he done - did you ever read what he has said or listen to him ????)

Re my position re Saddam

What I think and what I can prove are two different things. I Think Saddam is a regular asshole. I don't think he is quite the asshole Bush says he is. I would be happy to see Saddam go to hell.

I think Saddam has been still trying to build some nuke capability - I think Saddam is a typical Arab dictator who in the past fucked up badly in choosing his friends (with friends like he thought he had, who needs enemies - ever).

I don't believe for an instant that Saddam would use a nuke against America. I believe OBL would but OBL is *not* Saddam. Overthrowing Saddam for something OBL *might* do is pure shit.

I think that if Bush produces *any* credible evidence that Saddam has evil intent toward the US then the US should do what it believes it needs to to protect itself. But Bush has not done so.

I also feel really pissed off at those people in positions of power in the US who are so bloodymindedly brainless as to be generating so much ill will to the USA after so many people worldwide felt so strongly for the US ater 9/11. I have so many valued & good frieds in the US who are good and sensible people who deserve to be thought of so much more highly than Rumz & Cheney & Bush's odium being generated. Powell at
least still has credibility outside the US and among many within but 2-gun Rumz is the man carrying the day.

Go read this weeks Newsweek & TIME & see what your own journalists are saying on this topic. I, like many of them, am angry. These power mad bastards running the US are unfit for office anywhere. It isn't as if Bush won a lanslide election and can claim he had a mandate from the elctorate. What they are doing to the image of the US will hurt decent US people for a long time to come. I truly doubt that the harm done in the past few months can be undone. As Newsweek article said Bush hasn't got a clue about diplomacy.

If this message isn't coming through loud and clear then I feel sorry for you. I have too many good friends & had too many good times in the US to hold back on what I see happening by way of growing ill-will to USA outside of the US. I believe this fact just isn't getting through the propaganda wall.

Doug Marker

New fair enough
"I think Saddam has been still trying to build some nuke capability - I think Saddam is a typical Arab dictator who in the past fucked up badly in choosing his friends (with friends like he thought he had, who needs enemies - ever).
I don't believe for an instant that Saddam would use a nuke against America. I believe OBL would but OBL is *not* Saddam. Overthrowing Saddam for something OBL *might* do is pure shit."
I will agree whole heartedly with that.
let leave it there. On my subject of Bush all I have to say is
See the book cover of kinky friedmans latest novel.
thanx,
bill
New A reversal of opinion + a Lot of innuendo
Clearly there is a reason to question Ritter's 'conversion'. Who knows (what he knew, discovered) ? But $400K - for the costs of making a movie, presumably to demonstrate -?- is hardly sufficient an amount to simply sell one's soul.

The problem with the -?- he may wish to demonstrate: is the proving of a negative. And with even implicit cooperation of the Baghdad regime - seemingly a fool's errand. I don't pretend to understand R or his motives; initially and then - the reversal. Less fathomable is - how he imagines that anything he might photograph in Iraq could be convincing negative evidence.

None of this stuff proves that Ritter is either renegade or dishonest; it may suggest that he is naive - but we don't know enough even to be sure he Can't! somehow produce some convincing evidence that Saddam has made little progress in the non-inspection years. (No one could convince us that S. no longer wishes to acquire lethal toys, of course).

Anyway, in the days of bizness-CIEIOS raking in hundreds of millions PER YEAR [ONLY in the US, of course], extorted from their Corporations as perks: $400K doesn't mean shit. Not for your whole life and reputation. (If I infer correctly - that is not his *salary* but is to do with covering production costs. What does that leave for him? You don't know.)

Case unproven, IMhO.

Ashton

Edit PS:

For another take on Butler, Ritter + local links (to FAIR, for one), try [link|http://elayneriggs.blogspot.com/|here.] Since it's a blog, operative date is 9/13. No affidavits there either.
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 14, 2002, 04:39:54 AM EDT
New $400K not enough to sell out?
Hansen sold secrets over a 15 year period for a mere $1.4 million.
Ray
New Re: Hansen was a spy Ritter is a loyalist

It is pathetic to claim that Ritter is a spy or on the take because of making a video about conditions he has been very close to.

Take the blinkers off & see things for what they are.

Cheers

Doug
New Re: Hansen was a spy Ritter is a loyalist
I don't see any claims that Ritter is a spy. Just that he may well have sold out. He's certainly changed his tune in the past four years, one wonders what brought that on, and why, when four years ago he was kicked out, he was decrying Iraq's weapons stashes, and why he's now so certain Iraq hasn't been able to rebuild in the four years since UN inspections ceased.

Me, I'd think four years is plenty of time to build lots of nasty stuff, even if it isn't nukes.
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New I imply no such thing
Even if Ritter did the worst of the accusations, it is very pale comparison to Hansen's work, nearly harmless.

I was just addressing the issue of the amount of money it takes for someone to sell out. It doesn't take much for some people; they just want the intrigue or 15 minutes of fame, the money is secondary.
Ray
New How he makes his money.
[link|http://www.greatertalent.com/bios/ritter.shtml|Speaking.]
Following Iraq's decision to defy the UN and block further searches, Ritter initiated a additional inspections. Despite verbal support from the U.S. and the UN Security Council, behind closed doors they resolved not to confront Iraq's policy. Unwilling to accept the lack of official action against the Iraqi decision, Ritter resigned his position proclaiming that the "illusion of arms control is more dangerous than no arms control at all."
Yeh, it's PR. But, he does have balls that go with being a Marine.
Alex

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

[Windows haiku]
     Intriguing: Ritter just called Butler a liar on CNN - (dmarker2) - (24)
         Doug, how much is being paid to ritter and by who :-) -NT - (boxley) - (18)
             When did he stop beating his wife?__:( -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Right after he cashed his 400k iraqi check :) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Hyperbole or ya got an affidavit? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         I have no opinions on his character, either. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                             excuse me! almost accusing him of what! - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Is Iraq an enemy of the US? - (Brandioch)
             Re: Box - I prefer to deal with what is observed - (dmarker2) - (10)
                 links and proofs - (boxley) - (9)
                     Re: links and proofs - what proofs - (dmarker2) - (3)
                         Okay Doug - (boxley) - (2)
                             Re: Nup - (dmarker2) - (1)
                                 fair enough - (boxley)
                     A reversal of opinion + a Lot of innuendo - (Ashton) - (4)
                         $400K not enough to sell out? - (rsf) - (3)
                             Re: Hansen was a spy Ritter is a loyalist - (dmarker2) - (2)
                                 Re: Hansen was a spy Ritter is a loyalist - (wharris2)
                                 I imply no such thing - (rsf)
             How he makes his money. - (a6l6e6x)
         my apologies to Doug and personally to Scott Ritter - (boxley) - (4)
             Re: Bill - no worries mate - takes ... - (dmarker2)
             Re: I found this article which accurately states his case - (dmarker2) - (2)
                 SF Chronicle take - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Re: Texas 1846 - Australia 2xxx - the glory, the defeat - (dmarker2)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory!
168 ms