IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pre-Windows Office Components on the Mac
Excel 3.2 and Word 4 for the Mac were the last decent versions of these tools. I used them both my last year of college and got a lot of stuff done fast. Those along with cricket graph and Alsoft's Fortran compiler made my senior year really easy.
The average hunter gatherer works 20 hours a week.
The average farmer works 40 hours a week.
The average programmer works 60 hours a week.
What the hell are we thinking?
New Actually, now that you mention it...
... Word 6 was actually pretty decent. I never got to play with Word 95, but Word 97 wasn't too shabby, either.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Wade, anything from Micros~1 with a 6 is a PoS
Consider:

Dos 6.....sux
C/C++ 6...sux
Word 6 (Word 2 with more errors)...sux
Win XP (Windows 6)....sux
License V6.0.....way sux!

Do the math....!
jb4
"I remember Harry S. Truman's sign on his desk. 'The buck stops here.' Strange how those words, while still true, mean something completely different today." -- Brandioch
New Cricket Graph!
What a great program that was. Excel still can't do x-y plots as cleanly and as simply. Coupled with Word 4 and PageMaker 3, it made many technical reports a snap at college.
"With the bravery of being out of range." - Roger Waters

Cliff
     courtesy MMoffit, MS products that really work(ed) - (boxley) - (67)
         Let me add to this list: - (jb4)
         MultiPlan??? - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
             MultiPlan was a huge freaking *revelation* to me. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 Yup (R1C1) - (altmann)
                 Re: MultiPlan was a great product on Xenix - (dmarker2)
             Dang,,,, - (folkert) - (1)
                 Re: the CAD package. Generic CAD? I still have diskettes. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Solitare -NT - (Silverlock) - (2)
             And, of course, FreeCell! -NT - (jb4)
             No - the OS/2 solitare is much better. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Don't you forget... - (orion)
         Gah - (wharris2) - (51)
             terminal.exe sux? - (boxley) - (28)
                 HyperTerm suffers from what I call the ProComm Error. - (static) - (27)
                     Er, boggle? - (admin) - (23)
                         Well... - (static) - (22)
                             Qmodem I used - (orion) - (21)
                                 Most BBSers had their favourite. - (static) - (20)
                                     Bitcomm? - (orion) - (1)
                                         That doesn't sound right. - (static)
                                     Trying to remember this one... - (inthane-chan) - (17)
                                         Kermit? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Nope. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                         Most of my friends used DoubleDOS for that. - (orion)
                                         Sounds familiar. - (static)
                                         Me, too (trying to remember) - (wharris2) - (7)
                                             No idea... - (inthane-chan)
                                             I Remember (I think) - (wharris2) - (5)
                                                 OT re your JerryP quote: Would those be *Intel* lawyers? :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                     Re: OT re your JerryP quote: Would those be *Intel* lawyers? - (wharris2) - (3)
                                                         Duh - think I didn't know that? (T'was a pun; AMD "Hammer") -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                         Novel name was "Lucifer's Hammer" - (inthane-chan)
                                                         I agree - (orion)
                                         Any of these ring a bell? (Lots of other nostalgiaware too) - (altmann) - (4)
                                             Nope. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                             Ah! Crosstalk was it, I'm sure -NT - (wharris2)
                                             Microsoft Access - (orion) - (1)
                                                 Never used it, but I remember it. - (static)
                     Eh? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         I posted in a hurry. - (static) - (1)
                             Hyperterm - (orion)
             Long lost sidekick - (Silverlock) - (21)
                 Borland, not a Microsoft product - (orion) - (18)
                     I think he's talking about Edit, not Sidekick - note... - (CRConrad) - (17)
                         Other Borland "Classics" - (orion) - (1)
                             Re: Quatro -- I use Quatro Pro for Windows (5.0)... - (a6l6e6x)
                         Small "s" sidekick - (orion)
                         Borland Sidekick - (orion) - (1)
                             Starfish, owned by Motorola, where Phillipe Khan hangs out. - (a6l6e6x)
                         Hobgoblin - (Silverlock) - (11)
                             That is what I thought you said - (orion) - (9)
                                 Well ex-bloody-squeeze the Hell outta me for knowing English - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                     Oh no, you're never wrong - (orion) - (1)
                                         Well, I'm glad somebody *finally* realizes that! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     wasnt sidekick the program - (boxley) - (3)
                                         I think that was "Sideways" - (orion) - (2)
                                             If you remember back when - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 I remember farther - (orion)
                                     Squeezing bloody hell out of you for being dead wrong - (wharris2) - (1)
                                         Yeah, yeah... Lurve ya too, Jungle-Face. - (CRConrad)
                             Yeah, yeah, we all have 'em - tho mine's called Literacy.;^) -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Naah, it sucked - and was bloated as all Hell, too. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     EDIT.COM - (orion)
         Pre-Windows Office Components on the Mac - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             Actually, now that you mention it... - (static) - (1)
                 Wade, anything from Micros~1 with a 6 is a PoS - (jb4)
             Cricket Graph! - (snork)

One may hardly be found in a handbag in the railway station unless one has been lost in a handbag in the railway station.
95 ms