IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Great timing, question about dictating
My wife is trying to write a book, but with dyslexia the typing is a challenge. She asked about getting something for the computer so she can dictate, but my last experience with Dragon was disappointing.

What's your setup? Android or iPhone? And you said it's on the screen, how are you casting? She's asking me to get this working as a Christmas present, so I'm actually open to spending some money on it.
--

Drew
New Android to Chromecast device
Google Pixel phone. Latest model from a year ago, not the current latest. Doesn't work nearly as well on cheaper phones, lots of lag. Zero lag on this phone.
New Yeah, I think it's time to get a Chromecast
I've spent years waiting for Google to get casting to work with smart TVs without a dongle, like Apple can do. It's clearly not a technical issue but a corporate direction issue.

And thanks for the pointer on lag on cheaper phones. She's currently got a low-end Motorola, so I shouldn't use that as a baseline. I'm going to try out the default "Dictate" on the Windows laptop tonight and see if it works, but need to remember I've got a cheap one and that might not show what it's actually capable of.
--

Drew
     Current observation and predictions - (crazy) - (24)
         This is a wild ride - (crazy) - (23)
             emp blast should fix that :-) -NT - (boxley) - (22)
                 Much closer to AGI than further away - (crazy) - (21)
                     If we've learned anything from Sci-Fi ... - (drook) - (10)
                         It's too late - (crazy) - (8)
                             As long as we still control the hardware ... We do still control the hardware, don't we? -NT - (drook) - (7)
                                 Hell no - (crazy) - (6)
                                     So you think "Person of Interest" was non-fiction -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                         The first couple of seasons were enjoyable - (crazy) - (1)
                                             A key element they had that I haven't heard discussed about Chat GPT - (drook)
                                     I have had severel dreams about . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                         That sounds very innovative. - (static) - (1)
                                             I'm pretty sure there were other systems . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Based on a leaked memo, or possibly a totally B******* troll - (crazy)
                     1: WTF does remote control have to do with “AI”? - (CRConrad) - (9)
                         Remote control anything means possibly controlled by the computers on their own - (crazy) - (8)
                             You seem to have a rather idiosyncratic definition of "frothing". -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                 I tried to figure out how the board worked - (crazy) - (6)
                                     "You said the medium is the message. B*******." [-ullshit, I assume.] - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                         I read that a very much YouTube vs TV - (drook)
                                         I actually partially agree with you there - (crazy) - (3)
                                             Great timing, question about dictating - (drook) - (2)
                                                 Android to Chromecast device - (crazy) - (1)
                                                     Yeah, I think it's time to get a Chromecast - (drook)

I have a phone that doesn't ring, a line that doesn't sting, a letter never sent... I have a dream where snowflakes fall inside a painted hall... HA! THAT DON'T PAY THE RENT!
51 ms