IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As long as we still control the hardware ... We do still control the hardware, don't we?
--

Drew
New Hell no
It controls purchase orders. It controls work orders. It can email human agents to do its bidding. It can set up factories without us even being aware of it.
New So you think "Person of Interest" was non-fiction
--

Drew
New The first couple of seasons were enjoyable
And every time they play the how many degrees to Kevin Bacon or the terrorist game and claimed it was difficult to do, I knew I could code it in about 20 minutes.

But then it went full AI and I considered it bat s***. At this point I'd say that's a year or two off.
New A key element they had that I haven't heard discussed about Chat GPT
It identified patterns you hadn't thought to look for, and analyzed what it may mean. Current tools still depend on you asking a good question.
--

Drew
New I have had severel dreams about . . .
. . malignant computers. In most cases the solution was to find and get too the means of shutting off the electric power - generally not easy to do.

One vivid dream took a proactive approach. A large, isolated facility had been built to house a very large computer system that was thought extremely dangerous. I was involved with installing the safety system, and I would not be in the facility when it was in operation.

This safety system was just plain old dumb plumbing, and the working parts were not shown in the plans for the facility. Only a few people involved in installing it knew about it, and they would not be working in the facility.

It consisted of a water tank, with a valve that opened if the water reached a certain level. That level would mean that toilets weren't flushing and sinks weren't being used - in other words, no people. That valve opened into a large pipe the open end of which was above the drop ceiling - right over a very critical (and vulnerable) part of the computer system.

On the top side of the ceiling tiles was scattered an acid substance (citric acid?) that would assure the water was conductive and corrosive.

The critical part of the computer was a very complex looking tower, about 7 feet high and 3 feet diameter, with a lot of cabling involved.

There was a safety system for the safety system. There was a red light, about 1-1/2 inch diameter, in the janitorial closet where only the janitor would see it. The janitor was instructed that if that light ever went on, he was to run water in his sink for a certain time. He was not told why, just that he'd be fired if he didn't do it.

Since the dream faded out here, I have no idea it the system was ever activated.
New That sounds very innovative.
I wonder if it would work. Or whether it would need a duplicate system as a backup in case The Computer found the first...

Wade
New I'm pretty sure there were other systems . . .
. . but I had knowledge of just this one. Any other systems would be, like this one, on a strict "need to know" basis.
     Current observation and predictions - (crazy) - (24)
         This is a wild ride - (crazy) - (23)
             emp blast should fix that :-) -NT - (boxley) - (22)
                 Much closer to AGI than further away - (crazy) - (21)
                     If we've learned anything from Sci-Fi ... - (drook) - (10)
                         It's too late - (crazy) - (8)
                             As long as we still control the hardware ... We do still control the hardware, don't we? -NT - (drook) - (7)
                                 Hell no - (crazy) - (6)
                                     So you think "Person of Interest" was non-fiction -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                         The first couple of seasons were enjoyable - (crazy) - (1)
                                             A key element they had that I haven't heard discussed about Chat GPT - (drook)
                                     I have had severel dreams about . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                         That sounds very innovative. - (static) - (1)
                                             I'm pretty sure there were other systems . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Based on a leaked memo, or possibly a totally B******* troll - (crazy)
                     1: WTF does remote control have to do with “AI”? - (CRConrad) - (9)
                         Remote control anything means possibly controlled by the computers on their own - (crazy) - (8)
                             You seem to have a rather idiosyncratic definition of "frothing". -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                 I tried to figure out how the board worked - (crazy) - (6)
                                     "You said the medium is the message. B*******." [-ullshit, I assume.] - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                         I read that a very much YouTube vs TV - (drook)
                                         I actually partially agree with you there - (crazy) - (3)
                                             Great timing, question about dictating - (drook) - (2)
                                                 Android to Chromecast device - (crazy) - (1)
                                                     Yeah, I think it's time to get a Chromecast - (drook)

Batches? BATCHES?? We don't need no steenkin' batches!
58 ms