IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Overall, not too bad in the Northeast
A day of drenching rain followed by blizzard conditions. We lost power for ~30 hours, but the crews are still busy restoring service around us. Nothing like what hit Buffalo, though.
New The temperature low at home here in South Carolina was 9 degrees F.
No snow.

The low in my years in upstate NY was -22 degrees F. I think Watertown, NY was -40 F at that time. That's just West of where you live now.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New SC at 9°? Holy s***
When I moved to Washington thought I was moving to the cold north. It's definitely the long dark. I thought I was going to freeze. But M wanted to live here and I'm easy.

And it ends up I'm in a tropical paradise compared to the rest of the country during the winter. But it's also the perfect cool spot during the summer. I lucked out.
New Sometime in the winter of 92/93
One day hit -37 F in Middlesex and -43 F near Johnson, where I was driving to. My car was an old Subaru DL with a heater that could either keep the windshield clear, or my hands warm. I figured seeing the road was rather important, so the windshield it was.

Halfway through, it started snowing inside as my breath condensed against the roof of the car. Fun trip...
New Drove a heatless Dodge for a year in NJ 4 years ago
Ice and slush on the road that I had to take 30 miles two ways each day. For about 3 months. Frozen windshield that I had to get out and scrape off every 5 minutes. Wipers did nothing and high strength ice windshield wiper fluid froze solid.

Good times
     Merry Christmas! -NT - (drook) - (19)
         Re: Merry Christmas! - (hnick) - (6)
             Good to see you, and everyone. - (Another Scott)
             And a happy birthday to you! (just a couple dayus before Christmas) - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 Thank you! - (hnick) - (3)
                     All right! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Learn to enjoy it - (crazy)
                     Double post - (crazy)
         A delightful Sol Invictus to all of you - (Andrew Grygus)
         Belated, but heartfelt: Thanks, and same to everyone! -NT - (CRConrad)
         And I would typically echo that - (crazy) - (9)
             had a 18" plastic tree for 20 years or so. easier on and off -NT - (boxley)
             Thing #1's boyfriend was supposed to be here 5 pm Christmas Eve - (drook) - (2)
                 Open question - (crazy) - (1)
                     Eww, no, why would we go to Jersey? - (drook)
             Overall, not too bad in the Northeast - (scoenye) - (4)
                 The temperature low at home here in South Carolina was 9 degrees F. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                     SC at 9°? Holy s*** - (crazy)
                     Sometime in the winter of 92/93 - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Drove a heatless Dodge for a year in NJ 4 years ago - (crazy)

None more embeddeder, I'd say.
53 ms